Sunrise at 3:00 AM

+
Sunrise at 3:00 AM

So..it seems that the internal clock is "off-kilter" (I'm sorry, I don't know if this is the right word). There is a sunrise at 3:00 AM and people which go to work. asd

Last edited:

I know, it's not a super problem, but I hope it will be fix soon.

it's not that weird. in some places, sunrise comes early and sets late in the night. maybe the witcher world is one such place.
personally, i'd rather have longer daytime with sunshine so i don't need to strain my eyes and furrow my brows to see what's in the dark.

"Not all of us have cat eyes."

Ever been to scandinavia in summer? I can tell you, youll see the sun rise around 3am too. Redania is relatively far north on the world map that we know. So might be legit here. As for Skellige - Im sure, they just kept the preset from the continent for simplicity sake.

it's not that weird. in some places, sunrise comes early and sets late in the night. maybe the witcher world is one such place.
personally, i'd rather have longer daytime with sunshine so i don't need to strain my eyes and furrow my brows to see what's in the dark.

"Not all of us have cat eyes."

So...don't you think that the night time is too short compared to the day?

---------- Updated at 02:08 PM ----------

Ever been to scandinavia in summer?

Never had the pleasure.
But scandinavia should be the equivalent of Skellige, so the sunrise at 3:00 AM is good for that setting.
But.... aren't northern realms based on Poland? I don't remember this early sunrise in the previous games.
In Vizima in TW1, the sunrise was at 5:00/6:00 AM.

Last edited:
@moonknightgog

regardless if the sun sets late, people in the witcher world sleeps at 9pm. (noticeable at white orchards farm). and if you see them start their day at 3am or 4am..that is normal for working people in provinces. they need to be early to start their labor especially in the farms. feed the animals and stuff.

and on a personal note, when we moved here in new zealand during the summer (december), the sun sets at 9pm or so. at first it is really weird eating dinner and preparing to sleep when you can still see the sun shining sooo bright. but you can get used to it pretty fast. so i've experienced very short nights compared to days, and it is okay. so i guess im biased about the shorter nights in witcher 3.

and on a personal note, when we moved here in new zealand during the summer (december), the sun sets at 9pm or so. at first it is really weird eating dinner and preparing to sleep when you can still see the sun shining sooo bright. but you can get used to it pretty fast. so i've experienced very short nights compared to days, and it is okay. so i guess im biased about the shorter nights in witcher 3.

Well, but I understand, I'm not against an early sunrise. Simple, I'm not entirely sure it is an artistical decision, but I'm persuaded to believe in an error in the game's clock. For two reasons:

1) Because in the previous game sunset is at 6:00 AM
2) In the clock that you can see during meditation, the sunrise icon is set to 6:00 AM, not to 3:00 AM.

It would be awesome if in Skellige there is this kind of change, with the meditation clock figuring a sunrise simbol set at 3:00 AM...but in northen realms, due the reasons I wrote about, I don't think it is the case...

In London (not the most northerly of regions), during mid June nautical twilight starts at 2:41, Civil twilight at 3:55 and formal "sunrise" at 4:43.

(These are daylight saving times, so in GMT/UTC, these would be 1:41, 2:55 and 3:43 respectively)... which seems to not be a horrible fit to the in game timings. (Longest day length is 17:52:26)

Top Bottom