Insane blinding level of eye adaptation/bloom in first person driving

+
Anyone have an issue where there was a SUPER BRIGHT light when driving and going out to outside from building? Is there a way to toned it down? It just stupid that there's light so bright like that.
20201217201817_1.jpg

I have noticed it seems to only be cars like "Little Mule" or other cars that have smaller windows, I could be wrong though. I have also noticed the bright lights when exiting the buildings, but found no similarities or differences between the cases when it happens or not.

I believe the term for this effect is called "light adaptation", its to simulate your eyes adjusting to a bright light like you would in real life (like when you walk outside and your eyes have to adjust to the bright sun). Normally the effect goes away after a second or two but it seems like its bugged when you're inside some cars. Until someone finds a way to fix or disable it the only thing you can do is drive in 3rd person or use another car.

Had this on the first day of playing the game. Completely removing my graphics card driver with DDU and installing the latest version (specifically released for Cyberpunk) fixed it.

This is adaptive exposure. Its meant to simulate the way the human eye adapts from low to high light levels and vice versa.

It is frequently misused. It takes much longer for human eyes to adapt from high to low light conditions than the other way around. That is, gaining natural night vision can take hours, whereas if you are going from darkness to sudden bright light, you are temporarily blinded but the adaptation takes seconds to minutes.

In vehicles my theory is that the the A pillars, dash and roof block out a large part of screen space which in turn blocks out the sun (which is a giant, extremely bright area light). So inside the car you get this massive overexposure to compensate for the low light interior, but if driving east or west while the sun is low in the sky, it gets completely blown out through the windscreen. This can happen in any car. I haven't encountered it on bikes, which makes sense since there is no enclosure around you to block the light of the sun.

Last edited:
Happens in a lot of games tho, playing ffvii remaster and it happens as well. but it is especially blinding in cyberpunk

I also think it's caused by the cars that have the armor windows. Where it turns transparent for first person. Best option is to set the time to night.

Hello CDPR team,

I love the interiors of many cars and want to drive in 1st person around the gorgeous NC. But the driver camera is so low that it feels like V has her eyes between her tits. Kindly allow customizing the camera height so that we can truly enjoy the immersive driving experience.

2. I also see an issue of "bloom" i.e. sunlight in 1st-person camera is tooo bright and makes it hard to see at all. But moment I switch to 3rd camera view, the lighting becomes normal. I will post some screenshots once I reproduce it again. Doesn't happen every time.

Regards,
Post automatically merged:

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.05 - 17.41.09.52.png

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.05 - 17.41.16.46.png

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.05 - 17.41.33.19.png

Please let me know if I need to provide any specific details of my PC/game settings. I use Nvidia GTX 1070 and mix of high/ultra settings.
Post automatically merged:

Another example: two cameras at exact same spot:
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.05 - 17.49.39.48.png

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.01.05 - 17.49.43.60.png

Last edited:
Trying to replicate human eyes in a game where one of the main story elements is enhancing your eyes with the best optics is counterintuitive. Cybernetic eyes should be able to filter and deal with that - we shouldn't be dealing with glare.

The "realism" is not a good thing in this case, its immersion breaking ( and irritating ).

Got the same issue with some cars from launch. There is a mod for this, but I really hope CDPR will get to this at some point.

Good luck making this game even better! ;)

You're not the first person to report this. I think it's an actual issue. Please, send in an official report:

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

Oh my god. They haven't fixed this basic broken atmospherics stuff after 6 months?

How about the other basic stuff other than the bloom in FP driving, like:

* When experiencing the FP driving bloom, the eyes of NPCs glow like the sun, while their faces are in shadow?
* When you drive under a bridge or other structure the hides the sky it stops raining? Not under the bridge but outside, and resumes the rain weather cycle again when you drive outside.

I get this a lot when just driving around the streets in most cars. when it happens I switch to third person because it gets too bright and seemingly doesn't go away until later on in the day. there must be a way they can have you eyes adjust faster or maybe just not have it at all.

Oh my god. They haven't fixed this basic broken atmospherics stuff after 6 months?
I really don't think any "atmospheric" things are priority issues. Besides, if encountered, simply switching to an external camera is an instant workaround. That being the case -- yes, I assume it will eventually be fixed. No, I do not expect it will be fixed immediately.

However, the more people that send in reports about a particular issue, the more likely it is to be looked at sooner. So, definitely send in a ticket if you haven't.

I get this a lot when just driving around the streets in most cars.
Are you using rasterization lighting, or ray-tracing? Also, how many cars have you seen this happen with. I've never seen it in my game at all (using rasterization lighting), and the reports I've seen in the past are exclusively for that particular vehicle in that mission.

I think it's most likely down to the game not playing nicely with certain driver versions. But it's probably something that will need to be addressed on the game's end. (Just speculating.)

This has been a bug that has been around since the game release, but I don't see much talk about it. It especially effects the Rayfield cars that don't have normal windows, but effects all cars to a white-out blinding degree. To just make it bearable I wait until night, early morning/evening just to drive so that way I can actually see out the windows. Anytime in the afternoon is just constant blindness. Doesn't seem to matter it ray tracing is enabled or not both outcomes are blinding. Driving outside the city makes it even worse, as shown in the picture attached. Please CDPR please address this issue I'd like to be able to cruise around during the day too in first person.

Cyberpunk2077_2022.07.19-04.36.png

Top Bottom