Sure no rigging. Only probabilities. Well done CDRP.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure no rigging. Only probabilities. Well done CDRP.

Wonderful game, but disappointing me more and more.

For the N-th time I got the same situation.

Have 4 gold cards in this deck. Avallac'h, Ermion, Kamby and Hjaalmar.

In 3 rounds got only one of it. 8 cards left in my deck.
Used Sarah to muligan Kamby. Got Hjaalmar. Sarah killed. Used Sigrdrifa to resurect Sarah. Mulligan-ed Hjalmaar to get back...Kamby. Decoy used on Sarah. Mulligan-ed Kamby....again! Got back Hjalmaar...again!

Suppose that Av. and Erm. are the very last two cards in my deck so that the chance to shuffle K or H. on one of those last two position is minimum. The chance to have them both A and E last two is under 0.015%. Still got this situation every 35-40 games. Then the chance that in 3 reshuffles none of the K or H to end up in one of the last two bottom positions is 1-2/8-2/8-2/8= 2/8 = 25%.

That means aggregated probability of 0.015% * 25% = 0.0039% !!!! Every 40 games!

Theoretical 0.00039% vs. practical 22.5%.

In this last game my opponent was having only one card left...Avallac'h would have been a disaster for him. Not to mention in those eight got the B plan as well. Twisted Mirror there. 2 x Priestess of Freya there. Svanrige there! ....

I am also sick of shuffling a card back in my deck straight in the top of my deck,,,getting it back whenever I extract the top card. Over and over and over again.

I am playing King Bran. I mulligan 3 cards in the beginning of round 1. Guess what: use KB ... and note that all the 3 are, in most of my games, mulligan-ed as the top 4 cards in my deck. Sometimes, even after the reshuffle supposed to happen after using KB, they still come back to those positions!

QUESTIONS FOR DEVELOPERS!

1. Why after already having the opponent selected is it taking few more seconds to see the announcement "opponent found"?

How I know when it happened already? There is a short flicker of the screen. After the flicker you cannot abort anymore the searching for opponents. Anytime before the flicker abort works instantly. Whomever is not believing try it!

2. Why even after being "officially" announced of the found opponent, it still takes few more seconds for the game to start. All the database is on our PCs. And I have a quite fast one.?

Any poker or bridge game in 4-10 players would start in milliseconds. Why you need 10 seconds to start a game between 2 players only?

My guess is that you have to optimize your rigging mechanics. They are quite slow in arranging the decks in the desired order.

Stormbuster;n9346571 said:
QUESTIONS FOR DEVELOPERS!

1. Why after already having the opponent selected is it taking few more seconds to see the announcement "opponent found"?

How I know when it happened already? There is a short flicker of the screen. After the flicker you cannot abort anymore the searching for opponents. Anytime before the flicker abort works instantly. Whomever is not believing try it!

2. Why even after being "officially" announced of the found opponent, it still takes few more seconds for the game to start. All the database is on our PCs. And I have a quite fast one.?

Any poker or bridge game in 4-10 players would start in milliseconds. Why you need 10 seconds to start a game between 2 players only?

My guess is that you have to optimize your rigging mechanics. They are quite slow in arranging the decks in the desired order.

Holy Tinfoil Hat, Batman!

1. Why does this matter? I've noticed it, but never thought it was a problem. If I hit the abort button and it doesn't abort, I know I have a match coming. No big deal.

2. Not all players are on PCs. I assure you, my XBox One is not as fast as your PC, and on top of that, I'm sure connecting cross-platform is not always instantaneous.

3. Even if these weren't the reasons, I doubt the game would need any significant time to put your deck in the order it wants it. In fact, if it wanted to rearrange your deck, it could do it any time during the match and you would have no way of knowing. If you think there is a giant conspiracy to keep you from drawing Avallach or Ermion, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe put a Johnny in your deck and discard Kambi, you might draw your opponent's Avallach.

SarahAustin;n9347521 said:
OP didnt even get the name of the company right...

Whoops, what a major mistake. I mean not to write the post for all ....categories (fill in the dots as per you convenience)

It's Occam's Razor time. Which is the more likely scenario, there is a grand conspiracy out there to keep you down OR you are playing the game suboptimally? I know which I think is more likely. Furthermore there are a lot of factors that go into card draw, such as mulligan order, rng, ect.

Moridin2244;n9349351 said:
It's Occam's Razor time. Which is the more likely scenario, there is a grand conspiracy out there to keep you down OR you are playing the game suboptimally? I know which I think is more likely. Furthermore there are a lot of factors that go into card draw, such as mulligan order, rng, ect.

OR you are playing the game suboptimally? 0.0038% theory vs. 22.5% in reality. Sub-optimal play, sure.

Now given your thoughts guess I am entitled to apply the O'Razor in relation to you: What is the more likely scenario: are you Mensa or Anti-Mensa? And my guess is.... ^^.

frbfree;n9346731 said:
Hey genius! Before starting any poker or bridge game in milliseconds as you say, first the table must get ready with all players sat or registered.

Before starting a Gwent game between 2 players, the matchmaking system has to pick a worthy oponnent that's close to your rank, and take all other variables into account necessary to guarantee a fair match, you do realize that, right!? You're are such a fast thinker, and so smart, and draw your conclusions so fast... Did you stop to think about this?

Besides all that, there's also another variable: the pool of players looking for a match by the same time you are. And you won't have that optimal oponnent waiting to play against you every time you queue. So I'm inclined to believe they intentionally made the matchmaking system to wait for a minimum amount of time, so that the pool of players can grow to a satisfatory size and the system has more options to pick from, guaranteeing the fairness I talked about earlier.

Last edited:
Theodrik;n9350361 said:
Hey genius! Before starting any poker or bridge game in milliseconds as you say, first the table must get ready with all players sat or registered.
Before starting a Gwent game between 2 players, the matchmaking system has to pick a worthy oponnent that's close to your rank, and take all other variables into account necessary to guarantee a fair match, you do realize that, right!? You're are such a fast thinker, and so smart, and draw your conclusions so fast... Did you stop to think about this?
Besides all that, there's also another variable: the pool of players looking for a match by the same time you are. And you won't have that optimal oponnent waiting to play against you every time you queue. So I'm inclined to believe they intentionally made the matchmaking system to wait for a minimum amount of time, so that the pool of players can grow to a satisfatory size and the system has more options to pick from, guaranteeing the fairness I talked about earlier.

That means rigging! This is my thought entirely. Is either RANDOM either RIGGED.

Read again. I asked: why delay AFTER the selection was made??? After. Shall I spell it? I was not saying anything about waiting time UNTIL an opponent is selected. And as you noted...rigged selection. You would say rigged for fairness. Come on. But even so, why not have these matchmaking rules transparent? Like : if one plays A deck than MM mechanics will mostly select among opponents using B, E or F decks.

And what the heck means optimal partner other than rigging the game in contrary to random selection? If I am 80% WR it is called fair to rig the game for that worthy opponent? To rig the cards arrangement in the two decks? Is it fair in random rules game to top WR? What for, to protect the less skilled players chances to climb up the ladder? I am not getting your point....

[COLOR=3366CC]We are not going to have this discussion again. Multiple threads already exist on this subject. Also, other players are already sharpening their pitchforks in this thread.[/COLOR]

New improved rigging mechanics

As I was forecasting, Gwent took the path of Hearthstone.

Games are now purely decided by coin and better RNG. The rest is click-click-click. Pity....

Hoped them devs are wiser. Nope. Only another milking game going average for the fun of people whom don't like to think too much.

Deja Vu for me. 2 years ago was saying the same about HS. Rigged pay to win game. Were only few saying the same. Now the forum is full...even lots of donors whom realized that they were milk cows kept semi-happy and lured into giving more milk.

Instead of these "brilliant" ideas to make happy the average player, they could have implemented two major modes: a random one and one without any random involved - like every player to select a deck of X cards and play any card as he wishes in the 3 rounds. Second mode would have employed pure skills of deck making, luring, strategy adaptation and not a single ounce of RNG. Even if they would have made this second mode available only against payment would have been a lot of competitive people playing it. People whom are hating "random" (to be read it with brackets please). Any dev around? ;)

Common mods. Close this "rigged" thread again!

You want a proof of rigging? It is so easy. Play King Bran discard + Kambi + Regis deck. You will wait like 30-60 seconds for a "suitable" opponent. Than play a Scoiatel deck around Mahakam. 6-7 second waiting time :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom