Surely Vabjorn has to be a Pirate now he's a Raid tutor?

+
Vabjorn now tutors 'Raid' cards from the deck - however he remains a "Human, Cultist, Warrior."

It might have been nice for CDPR to have changed his type to a "Pirate" to go along with the Raid theme and encourage the Pirate archetype a little more.

That's the problem when you start shuffling around abilities to cards that were never designed with them in mind instead of creating new ones. His previous ability was both fitting and unique.
If they really HAD to rush out a Raid tutor right now (they most definitely didn't) Holger Blackhand would be more fitting for it.

I was disgusted to see the new Vabjorn today. I often used him as a replacement for Morkvarg hot if I was really short of provisions.
Having not gotten Tyrggvi in a keg and having better use for scraps this is awful. 3 decks need to be reworked or i have to slow my progress on building other faction collections and craft him now.

I was disgusted to see the new Vabjorn today. I often used him as a replacement for Morkvarg hot if I was really short of provisions.
Having not gotten Tyrggvi in a keg and having better use for scraps this is awful. 3 decks need to be reworked or i have to slow my progress on building other faction collections and craft him now.
dont craft Tyrggvi! rupture has been changed aswell: it now only deals the base dmg instead of the full power. Its still an okay card, but no where near his old power level and morg is just the better card

They should reduce the minimum limit of a deck down to 5 cards that way you can be certain you'll pull the ones you need. -.- (then when you run out of cards just have your graveyard become your deck again and you can play the same 4-5 cards you love instantly again! :D) Like really what a decrepit design to have cards who's sole purpose is just to summon other cards from the deck, that's what Gwent is all about lately. I don't get these young generations, they have to have everything handed to them. :ThrowingUpEmote:

I liked the old Vabjorn. One of the reason i tried making a bleed or dmg ping Skellige deck. Was never good but always fun :)

However, now that he is changed i see 2 small problems with him. The first u already mentioned, he should be a pirate if he is the tutor for pirate cards, I'm not sure if this fits lore or not.

Secondly, 2 of the raid cards that you would think should be pirate synergy is for warriors only. Feels like when they have done the recent changes they have missed the bigger picture in a few places.

I will say tho that Skellige is a small problems this patch compared to other issues (atleast for what i have seen so far) so i don't feel like they need to rush this. I'd prefer they focus on NG, ST.

Top Bottom