Survey: Who here actually completed the game without game breaking issues?

+
so after playing for over 100h on my streetkid char the game decided to simply break and crash constantly shortly after starting act 3 and destroy all my most recent save games, making the playthrough pointless since I will never be able to finish it (I dont trust CDP to ever patch this). I will play for 10-20 min, the game will crash randomly or on loading a save and the I realize I just wasted anohter 30min cause all my saves since the last issue have been corrupted. Its like being cought in a 30min timeloop.
keep in mind i was able to play fine up until then, no major issues, no technical glitches. this is on a xbox series x.
already opened two tickets, didnt even get a confirmation that they recived them let alone any sort of proper reply.

has anyone in here actually completed the game story withouth facing any game breaking bugs?

I did.
Ps4 pro.
Did all gigs and ncpd scanner hustles.
Finished storyline.
Lvl 50.
Crashed 20 times I estimate. But never lost any significant progress and it's over a 100hr time.

Had one quest so far that bugged out, preventing completion. 100+ hours, not done with the main story yet.

Icinix

Forum veteran
Yep. One complete playthrough, another 70 in another, no bugs beyond occasional graphic glitch and one crash.
PC and GOG version.

Game breaking no, completion destroying? Yeah. The Epistrophy mission line where you have the find the delemain cabs, can't interact with a single one, can't finish any of those quests. That's been the biggest thing so far, everything else has been very minor bugs and graphical glitches. More immersion breaking issues than anything else.

Zero crashes, every mission works even buggy ones if I just pay attention and do it properly as intended. My only problems are hideous graphics and atrocious frame rates.

Im playing on a ps4 pro and nothing that has broken completely.

In the quest where you help the guy running for mayor and someone has broken into their appartment what I think happened was that I jumped up on the roof and inspected a wire or something that wasnt and objective yet so that wouldnt check off after that so I had to go into the journal and update the objective from that to the next every time for the rest of the quest.

When you are helping River find the underground club, the objective to find the entrance wouldnt check off but it still played out so I had to look up where to meet him after that to be able to finish the quest.

Edit: one more. The last race with Claire, when the guy is supposed to crash he just drove past it like 100 meters, drove up to a building and stopped. I had to push him out with my car and push his car back to the intercetion and then the crash triggered.

Last edited:
I was playing on PC / GOG - Ultra without Raytracing.
150h, map cleared, missed some tasks (from Kerry and smartgun return. Probably didn't start because of my playstyle - main story left for last).

There are graphical bugs, quite a lot, even in the main tasks, which breaks the immersion. In a few places there is a missing geometry in the map - in the railway tunnel and a few buildings where you can "enter the geometry".
Sometimes it was impossible to pick up small items (fortunately it was scrap), or when a weapon fell into a clump of grass after defeating an opponent - it could not be picked up, as if the grass was blocking access.
Once in the distance there were "flying" cars. And once after loading the game after dying during a side quest, my motorcycle was suspended in the air (probably because of a raised roadblock)

There were 2-3 cases when I found something that could block the progress of the task: the vehicle upside down (you could enter the vehicle geometry and get in, and then it repaired), or after the race, 2 cars are standing next to each other to the thickness of the paintwork, and I'm supposed to get on as a passenger - good luck with that :) Luckily it was optional, so loading save was a solution.

Now I have started the second attempt - we will see how it will be this time.

First playthrough has been the only flawless playthrough on day 1. Only gotten worse since then maybe the patchs maybe been playing longer but haven't had one that broke the game. 2 Crashs as well 200hrs+

Yes, without any game breaking bugs (played since release, finished with 1.06).
PC, Ryzen 3700x, RTX 2070, 32G RAM

Finished in about 140 hours, finished all quests visible to me (level 44 street 50) done, though missed Kerrys and did not finished the smartgun and probably some other hidden ones...

It crashed once when I started OBS at 4K,did not try to reproduce it did nto crash since.

Some bugs like T-poses, missing roads, missing voices, falling trough the road, car felt from the sky once... but 90% of the time there were no bugs except that I can't pickup some junk. And recently statrt seeing that some enemies are still "alive" and commenting even after killed.

Even if it doesn't seems to, it was not much worse than any open world games I played recently (ie not much but still worse).

P.S. I do not try to claim it is objectively without problem for everyone.

Last edited:

Guest 4478408

i have not played it trough because my own perfectionism is killing me.
did spend a lot of time in the game though and almost played it trough twice.
about 10 crashes because my formaly stable gpu oc was not stable in this game. no crash since december 13. issues i had where items that could not be picked up and exo sceleton dudes being immune to headshots, sometimes glitched through the geometry.

GOG-Version on PC and about 100 hours playtime: 1 crash, 1 gig bugged, but still solvable; 1 gig bugged and not finishable. I definitely had worse game performances at release date...

Top Bottom