Survey : would you like the option to use a leader card instead of 3d leader?

+

What would you prefer.

• 3d leaders are awesome

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Old leader cards

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Option to switch between either

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters
Was thinking it would be nice in the options to have a preference to toggle between leader card or the 3d character leader. Curious what everyone preferred.

Guest 4368268

I'd prefer the cards but as long as you've got abilities like boost by 1 every 2 turns I don't really see how that would work. I would prefer singular use of your leader through a card as well but these are things they will probably never go back to unfortunately. Even though an added benefit would be that it would solve a lot of the issues the metas have had (being able to play around stuff like Mystic Echo, Dijkstra Townsfolk etc.)

I'd prefer the cards but as long as you've got abilities like boost by 1 every 2 turns I don't really see how that would work. I would prefer singular use of your leader through a card as well but these are things they will probably never go back to unfortunately. Even though an added benefit would be that it would solve a lot of the issues the metas have had (being able to play around stuff like Mystic Echo, Dijkstra Townsfolk etc.)
Just click left on the card every other turn like we do with our leaders currently. Leader card would sit where the 3d leader is

Original cards in hand, Avatars in the battlefield as cosmetics. Win for all of us :beer:
Sounds perfect with the option to disable seeing avatars. I'd rather get rid of avatars and make the board bigger. Give our stolen leader cards back! It would be amazing to play leader cards on the board again.
Leader art should be used for new units, the abilities should have their own cardart.
Leader abilities already had their own card art: the leader cards. It should be about leaders/cards having specific abilities, not abilities having specific art. That's art and visuals monetization screwing with card game basics.

Original cards in hand, Avatars in the battlefield as cosmetics. Win for all of us :beer:
I suggested awhile ago that we play as our avatar with unique voice lines like it used to be in beta. I miss having an emote if I make a bad play (bloody arse)
Post automatically merged:

Multiple arts for leaders would be cool. There are 5 awesome meve leader arts from Thronebreaker going to waste

My Adda in red dress in 3d looks sooo good from behind That i just can't vote for changing Her into a normal card :) 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈haha

I prefer having the old leader cards as additional normal cards that will be introduced in a later expansion.
If that is not going to happen, I'd like them on the loading screen instead of the model.

Sounds perfect with the option to disable seeing avatars. I'd rather get rid of avatars and make the board bigger. Give our stolen leader cards back! It would be amazing to play leader cards on the board again.
(...)
Leader abilities already had their own card art: the leader cards. It should be about leaders/cards having specific abilities, not abilities having specific art. That's art and visuals monetization screwing with card game basics.
By using the old leader art for gold units you can actually see it played on the board as you claim to want, with new abilities. This could not be done if this art was still used for leader abilities; can you imagine Meve or Crach spawning a Meve and a Crach each two turns? A Brouver spawned each time you move unit using the ability? That'd be nonsense. Give the abilities their art (even pay / don't pay tribute has its own art lol), make the old leader art new cool units, that's all.

I prefer having the old leader cards as additional normal cards that will be introduced in a later expansion.
If that is not going to happen, I'd like them on the loading screen instead of the model.
By using the old leader art for gold units you can actually see it played on the board as you claim to want, with new abilities. This could not be done if this art was still used for leader abilities; can you imagine Meve or Crach spawning a Meve and a Crach each two turns? A Brouver spawned each time you move unit using the ability? That'd be nonsense. Give the abilities their art (even pay / don't pay tribute has its own art lol), make the old leader art new cool units, that's all.
Do you realize what happened and what you're saying? 3D leader models have no meaning with decoupled abilities and the leader cards are simply gone. They stole the leader cards from us, the cards we unlocked, used scraps for or even paid for to get the leader abilities. I don't want them back as normal cards. I want them back as I collected them: real leader cards.

I'd like to see leader cards played as a single card once per game, just as in beta, not a 3D leader spawning a card copy of itself. If they want to keep the current leader abilities, then go back to the leaders coupled with abilities and provide the option to see either the 3D model or the leader card as Mancoon1980 suggested above. This is a card game after all.

No, I would not. They are called Leaders, so them being actively present on the battlefield makes sense and makes them stand out more than they ever as cards. It also gives them "life"; they're not passively waiting to be played/used but are constantly watching events unfold. They're a lot more interactive now, which I think is a good thing. Also, the taunts no longer come from nowhere as the Leaders say them at each other.

All in all, much better this way.

No, I would not. They are called Leaders, so them being actively present on the battlefield makes sense and makes them stand out more than they ever as cards. It also gives them "life"; they're not passively waiting to be played/used but are constantly watching events unfold. They're a lot more interactive now, which I think is a good thing. Also, the taunts no longer come from nowhere as the Leaders say them at each other.

That's your opinion, ignoring the card game aspect and taking attention away from the stolen leader cards. I don't want leaders to stand out as much as that. The devs themselves have indicated in a recent stream that the 3D leaders are problematic as players sometimes forget to use the leader ability as the 3D leaders don't feel part of the card game.

Go ahead and create amazing 3D avatars that can taunt, like they are playing a card game against each other (with the option to disable this for the more serious card players). Leave the leader cards alone and let them be part of the card game.

Leaders made sense on the battlefield in Thronebreaker but in a tavern game like gwent it kind of kills it for me.
Post automatically merged:

That's your opinion, ignoring the card game aspect and taking attention away from the stolen leader cards. I don't want leaders to stand out as much as that. The devs themselves have indicated in a recent stream that the 3D leaders are problematic as players sometimes forget to use the leader ability as the 3D leaders don't feel part of the card game.

Go ahead and create amazing 3D avatars that can taunt, like they are playing a card game against each other (with the option to disable this for the more serious card players). Leave the leader cards alone and let them be part of the card game.
I'd rather see character models if they must exist being the avatars you unlock. If it's too much work I bring up Thronebreaker where they were probably 100 different 3d characters present. Every battle had a different one. So it could be possible.

Leaders made sense on the battlefield in Thronebreaker but in a tavern game like gwent it kind of kills it for me.
And I've never understood the "tavern game" argument. The minigame is played outside of taverns (more often than in taverns, even) and so is the Gwint in the books. I have always, since the earliest days of beta, seen the game board as a battlefield because that is what it's always been described as. Hence having active commanders (Leaders) only makes sense to me.

They even react to victory, defeat, and where you play units/move your cursor. They even have animations for entering the battlefield. Cards do none of that, they're just cards. Lifeless and bland compared to the 3D models.

And I've never understood the "tavern game" argument. The minigame is played outside of taverns (more often than in taverns, even) and so is the Gwint in the books. I have always, since the earliest days of beta, seen the game board as a battlefield because that is what it's always been described as. Hence having active commanders (Leaders) only makes sense to me.

They even react to victory, defeat, and where you play units/move your cursor. They even have animations for entering the battlefield. Cards do none of that, they're just cards. Lifeless and bland compared to the 3D models.
It seems like you don't want Gwent to be a card game.

Guest 4368268

Regardless of their decisions involving leaders and skins instead of cards etc. if they make changes they should at least wait until they're finished with them before releasing them. The state the VS/loading screen is in right now is so half-assed (and they've even admitted it)

They wanna make certain decisions to appeal to the mobile audience and that's fine but they can do that without slapping loyal console/pc players in the face. A little consultation from their end regarding certain big decisions would be greatly appreciated. Even if they do ultimately make the biggest calls themselves. In many areas its Homecoming that feels like an experiment as opposed to OB Gwent.

Top Bottom