Suspect: Kalkstein Clues

+
Suspect: Kalkstein Clues

OK , I wanted to try to clear him up using clues before finding find Raymond's body, or autopsy.
From wiki it says there are 3 clues:
1. Captured prisoner mentioning his name in hospital (Easy enough)
2. Him hires Berengar (info from Thaler)
3. Kalkstein magical capabilities (???)

How do I find the third clue? I tried to use Geralt's medallion set to detect magic, and it does swing like crazy in Kalkstein's basement, as hard as it was near a circle of power, but there's nothing come out of it. No character journal entry, and no options in his dialog either.

I know there's a mod about this but I wanted to see whether there's still some hidden gem here.

OK , I wanted to try to clear him up using clues before finding find Raymond's body, or autopsy.
From wiki it says there are 3 clues:
1. Captured prisoner mentioning his name in hospital (Easy enough)
2. Him hires Berengar (info from Thaler)
3. Kalkstein magical capabilities (???)

How do I find the third clue? I tried to use Geralt's medallion set to detect magic, and it does swing like crazy in Kalkstein's basement, as hard as it was near a circle of power, but there's nothing come out of it. No character journal entry, and no options in his dialog either.

I know there's a mod about this but I wanted to see whether there's still some hidden gem here.

The last clue can only be obtained, by only completing the Autopsy Quest I am afraid. Kalkstein, as well as Ramsmeat you can't clear off suspicion, unless you finish the autopsy or find Raymond's body.

Here is a link describing the quest, in the official witcher wiki.
I hope it helps.
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Suspect:_Kalkstein

There is a Note after the Clue description, saying that the said clue can only be obtained, by completing the Autopsy quest.

It is a clue you get after talking to Kalkstein, clearing him off suspicion. Which happens only by completing the Anatomy of a Crime quest, or by finding Raymond's body.

Sorry for the many many edits.

Have fun.

Last edited:
The thing is, I can clear Ramsmeat even before the autopsy, the clues from:
1. One of the thug outside of inn mentioning Berengar.
2. Coleman wouldn't say anything about Salamandra.
3. Ramsmeat thug attacking hospital.

Someone says that Leuvaarden and Klakstein's quest is bugged and can't be solved through deduction (missing clues) only. I wonder if that's really the case. Anyhow, I'll switch the medallion to tracking magic and goes to town, let's see how that goes.

Suspect: Leeuvarden is definitely not bugged. Not easy, but not bugged. Talk to Jethro to get on the right track with it.

But there is no way to clear Kalkstein other than doing the autopsy "right" or clearing everybody by finding Raymond's body. I do not believe this is a bug; I believe it is intentional. It was done that way to support the autopsy quest, because a possible outcome of that quest is to "prove" Kalkstein guilty. This changes the remainder of Act II, in a way that has to have been done on purpose.

The thing is, I can clear Ramsmeat even before the autopsy, the clues from:
1. One of the thug outside of inn mentioning Berengar.
2. Coleman wouldn't say anything about Salamandra.
3. Ramsmeat thug attacking hospital.

Someone says that Leuvaarden and Klakstein's quest is bugged and can't be solved through deduction (missing clues) only. I wonder if that's really the case. Anyhow, I'll switch the medallion to tracking magic and goes to town, let's see how that goes.

Yes you can find every clue about Ramsmeat, but you can not clear him. To clear a suspect, means that you have proof that they are innocent. This can not happen with Ramsmeat or Kalkstein, unless you finish either Anatomy of a Crime, or find Raymond's body. When you do that, you can go talk to Ramsmeat and Kalkstein, tell them that they are innocent, get Kalkstein's final clue, and get some more info on Azar Javed. Any other suspect, you can clear before doing the Autopsy, or finding Raymond's body. Thus finishing the quests Suspect: "X". If you talk to them though. You have to talk to them to tell them they are innocent, if you have already found out that they are. Hope this helps.

By the way, I was thinking of making a guide on Chapter 2 (at least), because it can get quite confusing to new players, but I thought nobody would play the game now, so the effort would be somewhat wasted.

What I mean by guide is, typing down the order I play through chapter 2. I have tried many times, to find clues in such an order, that they won't feel like Geralt is rushing through the suspects. Everything in order and always with help from Raymond. Much like a real life investigation under these circumstances would go.

The "problem" that I feel chapter 2 has, on that respect, is that it allows you to find too many clues, with dialogue options. Sometimes you find some clues too early and then you get confused with all the suspects that appear out of nowhere.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say this, even if one person, would feel like they would like such a guide, I will try to make it.

Last edited:
About Ramsmeat clues,

1. ask Coleman Salamandra. Ramsmeat said "We detest Salamandra." (I see, settle score in underworld./ )

2. One of Ramsmeat's man waring Geralt. Ramsmeat ask "Do I seem like a whore to you?" (No / Actually )

3. Geralt said "Your people attacked me at the hospital." Ramsmeat answer "I sent them there to bring back one of ours" (Let's say I believe you / Why don't I believe you?)

Choose "I see, settle score in underworld." , "No" , "Let's say I believe you" And quest update. Geralt conclude Ramsmeat is innocent. (Choose the left side )

Chosse the right side. And quest update. Geralt conclude Ramsmeat is guilty.

Top Bottom