Suspecting Performance drop when change Act

+
Hi mod,
I just noticed an issue with performance after finishing Act 1. As of Act 2, I'm facing 30-40 frame (used to be at least 40) and stuttering at same areas I've gone through in Act 1. The driving around took the biggest hit and moving the camera while driving makes the fps dip to sub 30.

Is it a bug, or sorta consequence of having access to the rest of the map, since Act 1 blocked them out? Also performance is back when loading Act 1 save file.

Specs is: i5-8400k, 16GB, GTX1070ti 8GB. Game's installed on SSD.

Hope you investigate this soon, cheers!

Hard to say as there seems to be a lot more going on in act 2. That might be a side effect, so I don‘t know if that‘s something that can be changed...

If performance can be improved it might still take a while. Could be easier to just lower a few of the settings a tiny bit...

Disabling overlay features (for example GOG overlay, Steam, Fraps, Discord...) might also help (or close every non-essential background app).

However, performance problems can be reported here:

yah, when I play, after hitting the play button on GOG launcher, I always close the GOG program on the system tray, sometimes it hogs the game when playing.

Last edited:
Well if you get this drop going into ACT2 it's because during the Prologue / ACT 1 not all the city and gameplay systems are available and some stuff isn't loaded.... This makes the first few hours of the game a dream/bug free.

T
Hard to say as there seems to be a lot more going on in act 2. That might be a side effect, so I don‘t know if that‘s something that can be changed...

If performance can be improved it might still take a while. Could be easier to just lower a few of the settings a tiny bit...

Disabling overlay features (for example GOG overlay, Steam, Fraps, Discord...) might also help (or close every non-essential background app).

However, performance problems can be reported here:
Thanks for the insight - it's kinda weird even though I'm aware Act 2 is more inhabited by activities, it shouldn't affect the performance when I'm not in the close proximity
I'll try to report it to dev as you suggest

Cheers!

Top Bottom