Swallow Potion Poll

+

Swallow Potion Poll

• Total voters
It isn't just about colour, it's about dumbing down, and making the game more generic. It's the thin end of the wedge. The point of cubism as an art movement was to break down assumptions and have the viewer reconstruct the image in his mind, intellectually, and so see it for the first time. See another generic red health potion in game after game, and you aren't really looking anymore.
Same thing as comparing morrowind's quests to skyrim's.

Same thing as comparing morrowind's quests to skyrim's.

Except that dumbing down quest design is a huge deal and greatly takes away from the experience of the game. Changing the color of an item that you only see in the inventory and alchemy screens does not really effect the game at all for me. Is it "dumbing down the game" ... I guess technically yes because it conforms to the status quo over the established lore. But this particular change has very little effect on the experience for me at all. So ... I don't care is my vote.

That is just a change of colour and nothing more... I agree that have all the health like potion turned red because of is more common red for ealth can be a little silly but this thing is so little that should not be annoying...

Problem is when those little things became many.... that's another matter..
I loved the witcher 3.. But for example the real dumbing down factor to me is that you can eat during combat and the alchemy now is just "press a button to get a buff.." i really miss the witcher 1 or 2 alchemy system and preparation before the combat.

But for example the real dumbing down factor to me is that you can eat during combat

That would not be a problem if it had an eating/drinking animation like in The Witcher 1. I do not like the idea of "you cannot do this while in combat" type of restrictions, one should be able to do anything at any time, but with realistic consequences.

i get your point but is hard to imagine a stupid scene.. because is just plain stupid that geralt while fight a werewolf draw a fine cooked chicken leg and eats it while swinging is just plain retarded if you ask me completely out of tone and context..

i get your point but is hard to imagine a stupid scene.. because is just plain stupid that geralt while fight a werewolf draw a fine cooked chicken leg and eats it while swinging is just plain retarded if you ask me completely out of tone and context..

So do not do it if you do not want to ? At least in TW1, eating or drinking leaves the player vulnerable to enemy attacks without being able to fight back until the animation completes. But it can still be useful in certain situations, and it is better than being prevented entirely by an artificial restriction that is just lazy design and is not fair to new players who cannot know in advance when the consumables will be needed. In my opinion, the first game already handled potions and food well, because it rewarded preparation before combat (unlike TW3), but did not make consumption during combat outright impossible (unlike TW2).

So do not do it if you do not want to ? At least in TW1, eating or drinking leaves the player vulnerable to enemy attacks without being able to fight back until the animation completes. But it can still be useful in certain situations, and it is better than being prevented entirely by an artificial restriction that is just lazy design and is not fair to new players who cannot know in advance when the consumables will be needed. In my opinion, the first game already handled potions and food well, because it rewarded preparation before combat (unlike TW3), but did not make consumption during combat outright impossible (unlike TW2).

I am more inclined to put in combat drinking potion but with actual drinking animation and not simple buff... About the food the ideal solution to me is don't allow to eat during battle (because let's face it... is too much arcade like) but food can be still useful outside combat to recover hp over time since in some difficoulty setting you can't regenerate with meditation...

But implemented like is now.. is just too much out of sense.. and feels like arcade... plastic.. Of course this is my opinion.

Eating in combat is not good design... It's just out of logic.

Last edited:
It's Happened!

[url]http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/877​
[/URL]

Well...... nice.

But the red design looks like Diablo 2 :) therefore I prefer the red health potion design.

Attachments

• il_fullxfull_246138499-Such_Violent_Storms.jpg
    il_fullxfull_246138499-Such_Violent_Storms.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 76
Aren't you tired of the fact that in every RPG, the health potion is red?

Hmmmmmm...................................... but it is red in real life too.... the main ingredients are virgin blood, alcohol, dandelion, parsley, nutmeg, thai-ginger and sugar and we vampires always carry this little live savior on a necklace for emergencys (getting hit by a truck, sun coming out behind the clouds, and more). Just swallow it when you are hurt and everything is fine again.

But of course if someone wants do dye the precious healing fluid it blue or black or whatever food coloring is always possible depending on your alchemy skills.

Oh and what a lovely cat gif. Chartreux cat? :) Miiiiew miiiew

Attachments

• Live Savior.jpg
    Live Savior.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 32

I'd like to draw your attention to this:
This icon I find in game files.

Hmmmmmm...................................... but it is red in real life too.... the main ingredients are virgin blood, alcohol, dandelion, parsley, nutmeg, thai-ginger and sugar and we vampires always carry this little live savior on a necklace for emergencys (getting hit by a truck, sun coming out behind the clouds, and more). Just swallow it when you are hurt and everything is fine again.

The fact remains that the traditional colour of Swallow potion is blue. :smiling:

Top Bottom