Swarm Deck and Discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
NomanPeopled;n10462672 said:
@Void-Singer: Ointment got nerfed because of Vipers. The deck I played last season was also drive-by nerfed by this change.
Bone Charm no longer boosts. It wasn't seen as such a problem I guess. It certainly is more fun to play against bears than it is to play against Vipers of you rely on engine units. Less of a balance, more of a fun issue, methinks.
I know that's the reason Burza put in the notes, but I think it's BS... Viper/Alchemy pretty much never used the heal side except by accident from a bad R1 draw. Thanks for the catch on the lack of res boost on Bone charm... although it does still have the heal+strengthen option and no strength cap on res = ( gonna be bear season for sure

My norm for R1 was SI > Emhyr + SI > Replay SI, then sentry and/or triss.... usually enough to gain CA at least... then R3, Magne+Ointment+SI x3, plus another SI, and Cahir to pump it up even more, then Triss/sentry/Decoy to top it.. S.Circle anwhere I could fit. basically any less than 4 columns R3 and I was probably going to lose... now you top at 4 if lucky and the magne/ointment is additional dead weight if not

Can't think of a reason why Burza would bs us on something that was never a huge sticking point for anyone ... but I agree that it wasn't much of a nerf for Vipers. Or necessary.

I'm operating under the benefit of the doubt that, in writing reasons for some changes, he may not have had all the info on hand, and just went with what sounded good... better than the alternative that they actually did make a change to a core card of many NG decks based on (a very poor understanding of how it's used in) a single deck.

I know the patch hasn't been released yet, but I was thinking that slave driver could actually benefit Swarm if it set base strength to 1, as it would allow for Sentries' resurrection.

Bleach25;n10953722 said:
I was thinking that slave driver could actually benefit Swarm if it set base strength to 1

As far as I know the "Set" mechanic doesn't affect base strength; it just reduces total strength. That's how Serrit works, anyway.

Muffliato;n10953758 said:
As far as I know the "Set" mechanic doesn't affect base strength; it just reduces total strength. That's how Serrit works, anyway.

​​​​​​Nothing then.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yes, i've used and seen the new slave driver and it only affects current value - its like a mix between cyclops and venendal elite. So if you want, you can use shrooms or mandrake to strengthen the unit you used slave driver on.

And i know im late to the party, but damn slave infantry + sentries are a beast. I had a deck with them but wasnt all built for it, but now i adjusted and its built to put slave infantry 7-9 times during a match, plus use sentries 4-5 times for ridiculous value, that is really hard to counter, as destroying all infantry is really hard when they're 3 value and they dont usually get big enough for scorch.

hope you are using recruits, because schirru will slaughter you... especially now that scouts are no longer small

DRK3;n10955582 said:
destroying all infantry is really hard when they're 3 value

Lambert. ;)
But he isn't exactly popular...

I think I might try to re-build this deck once again at some point; although it will probably need some tweaks.
:huh:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Void_Singer;n10955684 said:
hope you are using recruits, because schirru will slaughter you... especially now that scouts are no longer small

True, that has happened to me once, but its really hard to use epidemic to hit those 3's as often times they also have something 1 pt or 2 pt, and if its R3, when i try to put the most slave infantry, i use Vicovaro Novices (2pt) to revive the used infantries, and cahir (1pt) to revive calveit, so im safe there.

But indeed i do use recruits (i assume its those 1pt soldiers that summon a random bronze soldier.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Muffliato;n10955909 said:
Lambert. ;)
But he isn't exactly popular...

I think I might try to re-build this deck once again at some point; although it will probably need some tweaks.
:huh:

True, a Lambert would definitely be the most deadly card to slave infantry strategy, but it hasnt happened to me once, and honestly, it would be so rare i woulnt even be mad it happened and the opponent would deserve the win.

There are cards that can also hit most of infantry, but they either only hit one row (like lacerate) or they only do 2 damage, leaving the infantries at 1pt so you can still play those sentries in time.

I always go for Shupe 12 that destroys all enemies with 3 power or less after the second slave infantry gets played. It's like a 30+ point swing every time.

EDIT: The only problem is ... sometimes you don't get the 60% chance for that specific version of Shupe.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Rawls;n10956824 said:
I always go for Shupe 12 that destroys all enemies with 3 power or less after the second slave infantry gets played. It's like a 30+ point swing every time.

EDIT: The only problem is ... sometimes you don't get the 60% chance for that specific version of Shupe.

Oh yeah, i actually used it once, when the enemy had put 3x3 Sl Infanties on board, i was very lucky and i dont think i used that effect of Shupe ever since, but that would be even deadlier than Lambert, as it would destroy the bronze units that tutored or revived the Slave Infantries...

I've built a new soldier deck (it's WIP) but without slave infantries/sentries. I've only tested It in casual, however I'd like to use it in ranked, eventually. Let me know what you think ( and help me test It, of you can)

Golds
letho Kingslayer
Ciri: Nova
Avallach
Vilgefortz

Silvers
Nilfgardiaan gate
Joachim De Wett Albrich
Assire
Vreemde
Cantarella
​​​​​​
Bronze
Emissary
Recruit
Nilfgardiaan Knight
War Engineer
Slave Hunter
Vicovaro medic
Alba Infantry
Nilfgardiaan standard Bearer

Deck doesn't handbrick, can easely Thin ti 1/0 (especially as there isn't that much Heavy tutoring. Big problem is that while there are a lot of 11/12 point plays, I'm not sure It can keep up with powercreep/Ebola (Sabbath etc)

I've also found an intresting combo forum slave hunters, as they can take back emissaries for a 12 point swing

​​​​​​Lastly even if I dropped it after the First version of the deck, I Think that New slave driver together with slave Hunter could be a counter to greatswords.

Another important consideration is that Letho could be changed with reinfarn, allowing for 1/2 empty silver slot, useful for tech cards.

​​​
​​​​

The final version of the deck looked like this:

swarmfinal.jpg

Full premium, of course.

I will miss it so, so, so much. :cry:
Insanely fun to play, and even with the worst hands imaginable it was never boring.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Still a big fan of the slave infantry + Sentry deck, stopped using it though because i felt guilty... It's one of those its so powerful with the bronzes you can go with anything you want for the silvers + golds.

On my last iteration, i had a version with crazy spells - Triss TK, Yen Necro? (the one that spawns the last spell), Aguara True Form, Scorch, Last Wish, Rockslide... it was crazy.

But if you really wanna go FULL slave infantry + sentries, you need Decoy, Operator, maybe Emhyr+Cahir to replay either of those bronzes, Summoning Circle for whenever you get to chance to spawn more of those 2 bronzes, ointments to revive slave inf., Triss TK for an extra ointment, maybe a Vilgefortz to kill one of your Slave Inf so you can revive him again with ointments... man just thinking about it makes me want to try it.

This deck is well and truly dead now, and so -- as the OP -- I feel justified in closing the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom