Swarm Decks

+
Swarm Decks

So I thought I would try out this swarm style deck.
an alteration of swims

Are you kidding me? I managed to pull almost 200 points in a round..my first time playing the deck
and I haven't even watched anyone stream or play this deck.

Are you kidding me?
I'm deleting this deck build.It's just wrong

Yeah it is nesty because factions/decks are limited in how much they can deal with swarming especially when there are tools like tris and yen to enable these massive swings. Right now you have to use d.shackle and lacerate to stand a chance. Playing against this deck with old treb would be wet dream.
My guess is that devs wanted swarming to be a thing that is why we got huge nerf to aoe.

It's not a bad set up.
​​​​​I can see the temptation to want to play it.
I just played another match to see if it was just beginners luck.
Nope.
This guy was even prepared with 2 lacerates
Stopped the major point advantage
but not the match

idomyownstunts;n9151440 said:
Remaking promote and renaming promote for Monsters (?)

Possibly lol

Its back to consume for me though.
I've never been a fan of weather.
Playing or playing against it.
This was far to easy to win and I like a challenge

Lacerate usually just buys you time unless you counter triss butt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Another thing that you look for is removal of carryover that way you can win next round and have a chance in R3 especially if you have CA.
But still i don't like how disgusting swarming is and in comes in different flavors and with nasty tricks like bakkers twisted mirror. If that wasn't
enough they still drain you with weather.

Yeah.. I used twisted mirror in this deck.
stole a pirate r3.. and I was already 30 pts ahead.

I feel the need to scrub myself

What is your rank though. If your opponents lack experience, then yeah, swarm could be overkill. The ST control deck hit swarm very hard above 3.4k MMR.

Rank 16 2800ish

but it was a few games in casual..not ranked
but the opponents were above rank 15

TheShift;n9151620 said:
Rank 16 2800ish

This is based on my own experience but swarm works very well until 3.4k. There are shit tons of ST control at 3.4k and above 3.7k suddenly it is dominated by Radovid control. Swarm still can win, but definitely needs strategy and patience.

TheShift;n9151620 said:
but it was a few games in casual..not ranked
but the opponents were above rank 15

I feel that decks in casual and ranked are quite different. There are quite a lot of consumes in casual, but not so many in ranked. Interestingly, I met a guy playing Eredin Frost at 3.6k and lost the game to him. He played really well.

I might safely assume that maybe those players I played were in casual...playing not their normal deck.
I mean I do that a lot
so maybe I'm quick to judge it's massive numbers

swarm decks weakness is a short round 3. they need many units on board for triss, yennefer, commander's horn , thunderbolt potion etc. to give them value. if you make them reach round 3 with little carry over and small number of cards in hand , they lose 75% of times. If not , well i got bad news for you!

Top Bottom