Swedish translation?

+

Teer1

Forum veteran
I don't think so.There were russian, czech, spanish, german, lithuanian, french and english translations, but I never hear about swedish one.

No swedish translation and it'll probably be a while before we seen one (if ever), but sfbok.se (store in sthlm and gothenburg) has the english translation

Unfortunately Scandinavian fantasy book market is very very poor. You can hardly find Pratchett books or other "great but not totally greatest authors", even quality of Harry P. translations leaves much to be desired. LoTR was old good one, but only one. So if you don't know German well enough (many Danes do fortunately for them

I guess it is so because Scandinavian publishers may simply take it for granted that people there make do with the original (that is in most cases English) versions of the books. Judging by the general knowledge of English in Scandinavia it's a fair enough solution I think. However I'd love to see a Norwegian translation of Sapkowski's novels as I know this language and am a little bit disappointed with the number of Polish books translated to Norwegian, or for that matter Scandinavian languages in general.

As above. I gotta read 'em.But I'm having trouble even finding the ones in English, which really sucks. Of course, the library in Varberg isn't very well stocked...

Top Bottom