Sweers

+
I don't get it how this card is so powerful and cheap.
For 8 provisions usually you get a 15+value with the only condition to play it on second or third round and invoke some revealing prior to that (which almost any deck of this faction can do).
That's insane cost-value ratio. It's essentially a 'Geralt' level of power for 8 provisions but limited to 1 faction

In a Morvran deck, Sweers & Peter Saar Gwynleve are an incredibly powerful one-two finisher that you cannot really counter. A well timed Pitfall Trap maybe, but I can't think of much else.

For a full reveal deck, the value of Sweers might indeed be a little too much. But, do remember that the opponent needs to have a strong unit for Sweers to reach its full potential.

For a full reveal deck, the value of Sweers might indeed be a little too much. But, do remember that the opponent needs to have a strong unit for Sweers to reach its full potential.
yeah I understand that, thus the comparison with 'Geralt of Rivia' and 'Geralt professional' which more or less do the same but for higher cost. Yes I understand both of them don't have an upper limit of a strength that they kill, but when you pass 15 points, there aren't much units that go higher anyway, right? Maybe once in what 30-40 matches? Also both of them have other limiting conditions

You have 9 provision cards who have a fixed net 8 swing (ST Morenn, 4/4, Monsters Striga 3/5) and then you have Sweers, who 9/10 times I see him instantly causes a 12+ swing. It does seem slightly too much for 8 provisions. Everyone who runs Nilfgaard uses him even in non-reveal decks.

The problem I see is that his ability has no condition or limitation as long as you use him late game. He should either be something like a 10 provision card or there should be a way to bypass him, like making his ability an order, not the instant - kill this card of choice as it is right now

Geralt having a higher provision makes sense though, you can include him in any type of deck. Sweers is only good in reveal. But yeah, there he might be too good.

Geralt having a higher provision makes sense though, you can include him in any type of deck. Sweers is only good in reveal. But yeah, there he might be too good.

I've had quite a few games recently where Geralt was useless as there were no opponent cards higher than strength 8.

Very. Annoying.

In other words, Sweers is secretly Geralt but he will only fight for Nilfgaard as Sweers. Fear the might of Rome.

Just as an edit, Sweers is the least of the problems with NG.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Sweers should only have his counter increased for each 'Enemy Card Reveal'. Even then he is crazy. I saw a game in which he had the potential to do 19 damage!! Any good card you use on R3, it is instantly removed. He should have at least 12 provision even with that 'only for enemy reveal condition'.

Sweers is fine, it's the archetype that needs an overhaul (or a rewind)... at least Sweers has synergy!

Sweers is fine, it's the archetype that needs an overhaul (or a rewind)... at least Sweers has synergy!

Someone needs to take soap filled socks to Isbel, Kingslayer and Stregobor too. Getting 4-5 cards banished because certain cards can be used on a pass and hand-limit is here to save us is highly irritating and, quite frankly, exploitative (he lost anyway, so not bitter... didn't get a GG though, so possibly a bit bitter).

Top Bottom