Sweet Dreams 20.000$ lost??

+
So I started the infamous Sweet Dreams mission, where people have issues about their equipment. I cruised through just fine until the finale. Why don't we get our money back from the scav? We just casually lose 20k eddies just for a side mission? V clearly leads the dialogue with "I want a refund" yet that is never the case. Even if you kill the guy he is not lootable.

Is this intentional??

Did you make a save before the mission so you can skip that part if its broken.
I have used up every save slot in case the game crashes or bugs out!

I do wonder if losing your money is intended. Like it's one of those choices that has consequences. It works in a messed up way. I attempted that mission earlier today and I don't think I was leveled right for it and had to go back a save. But I want to beat it, even if I lose 20,000. I do intend to have less gear on me next time however.

It's not so much about the money...I probably wouldn't even mind loosing the money. You do something stupid in the game, you get punished. Fair enough. Question is...where did the money go? When you get back to Stefan the only dialog options are basically two versions of "Ok, i'll let you go. Bye!".

I don't want to let him go. Especially not before even asking where the hell my money is! If he gave it back MAYBE I'll consider letting him go. But with those dialog options I kinda felt compelled to shoot him, so I don't even know what he says. Does he mention anything about where the money went? If not, it's safe to assume that this is a bug and the money should be on Stefan.

Not to belittle the issue here, but you can easily make 20k eddies back if you're really upset about it.

Yes, it needs to be fixed. But you can make it back in about 10 minutes.

Just hit vending machines, get all the soda they sell (ONLY SODA). Then dismantle it all for crafting materials. You can get around 2000 - 4000 common crafting materials in under 30 minutes. Then turn around and sell them to Deposit boxes. Each box has 20k eddies, so you can only hit one at a time. But I've made around 860k eddies today in like an hour and a half.

Hurry up and do this before they patch it out.

Just hit vending machines, get all the soda they sell (ONLY SODA). Then dismantle it all for crafting materials. You can get around 2000 - 4000 common crafting materials in under 30 minutes.

Wow, that sounds like a ton of fun!:D Think I'll pass...

Again, it's not about the money. The way the quest ends is just not satisfying.

Does he mention anything about where the money went? If not, it's safe to assume that this is a bug and the money should be on Stefan.
You don't give him cash,you wire the money to him so,who knows,maybe he bought himself a Mai Mai while you're napping.In any case if you ask for a refund immediately after buying the BD you get the 16K back in full.

My issue with this side mission is that it flagged the weapons I had equipped at the time with a "!" sign and now I cannot dismantle, sell, store or throw them away. I'm forced to carry them in my inventory for the rest of the game. It's kinda annoying as they are quite heavy and low quality.

So I started the infamous Sweet Dreams mission, where people have issues about their equipment. I cruised through just fine until the finale. Why don't we get our money back from the scav? We just casually lose 20k eddies just for a side mission? V clearly leads the dialogue with "I want a refund" yet that is never the case. Even if you kill the guy he is not lootable.

Is this intentional??
Yeah, it's complete bs. walked through the mission and didn't get a refund.

Sure you can sleaze 20000 easily, albeit a bit boringly. However I try to play mostly legit money earning and losing 20000 for a somewhat interesting, but not really great side mission doesn't seem great.
Some people reported that doing this mission "fixed" the issue with Johnny's items and other quest flagged items not being able to move to stash, sell or scrap. This didn't happen for me and maybe it's been fixed, because it seems like something not intended (you shouldn't be able to sell, scrap or store "quest" items.)
Since the mission leaves you nothing (except the "fun" of doing it) and instead you lose big, I returned to a previous save (having already experienced the "fun") and demanded a refund. Since I did start the mission, IDK if I still will have some problem with the Chippin In quest (which has also been reported), but I had no earlier save worth returning to.

u can "fix" crash revolver and skippy but not Johnnys items with this mission - at least pre 1.1 haven't tried it after the patch yet

Re-do that mission, do your thing, kill/incapacitate everyone, go back to the start and carefully scan the whole place, you'll find all your eddies and stash are all there to get them back... I will tell no more.

Top Bottom