Swim is back

+

Guest 4368268

The meta for the past months established firmly on day 1 of the given season and stayed the same all the way to the end, so at this point I'd welcome anything out of the ordinary to shake things up a little (As long as it challenges the tier 1 decks, not just ruin things for ordinary players like the unitless stunt)

Moderator: *Ahem*. A reminder that the Forums are not a platform for insulting others. So, please, keep comments respectful, or do not post.

I like the guy. I think cdpr should hire him to break test each nnew expansion but can we really say he's been healthy for gwents meta as a whole?

Heh. I do really like watching him try these weird things that sometimes work, sometimes fail hard. He certainly doesn't lack creativity when it comes to deckbuilding and combo searching.

[ . . . ]
I like the guy. I think cdpr should hire him to break test each nnew expansion but can we really say he's been healthy for gwents meta as a whole?

No player should have to worry about the meta. Thats the devs job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just after I unsubbed his YT channel. Always good to have old faces back, first Ash, now Swim.

Unsubbed a while ago, not worthy when you're not loyal. This guy changes games once every 2 months. I understand there has been some issues with Gwent, but I dont like Swim's approach. Its no wonder he lost alot of viewers. Now that Underlords is slowly dying and in worst state it has ever been, he's back? Nah, no thank you.

Unsubbed a while ago, not worthy when you're not loyal. This guy changes games once every 2 months. I understand there has been some issues with Gwent, but I dont like Swim's approach. Its no wonder he lost alot of viewers. Now that Underlords is slowly dying and in worst state it has ever been, he's back? Nah, no thank you.

Makes more sense to have loyal fans than for him to be loyal to a video game.

You cant have loyal fans when you are not loyal yourself and his viewership proves that. Its not like he just randomly plays every game, he actualy promoted Gwents competitors and left Gwent in a bad taste.

That first part just isn't true. You think people don't watch him because they like him regardless of what he is playing? He has zero responsibility to a video game. He only has to think of himself.

Also he has more subs now than I have ever seen him with before.

Last edited:
That first part just isn't true. You think people don't watch him because they like him regardless of what he is playing? He has zero responsibility to a video game. He only has to think of himself.

Also he has more subs now than I have ever seen him with before.

Again, your data is wrong on the first assumption, his vierwership has declined, therefore, yes people like him less. Subs dont mean much, many people leave the subs as it is, but dont follow him anymore. The fact that he's playing games that are way more popular than Gwent and is still struggling to obtain the same viewership is also a sign, heck those numbers dont even come close. In all honesty, my data are facts, but whether hes likable or a traitor comes down to mere opinion. If you like him then go and follow him. I dont care. I'm astonished that I actualy digged this deep.

Again, your data is wrong on the first assumption, his vierwership has declined, therefore, yes people like him less. Subs dont mean much, many people leave the subs as it is, but dont follow him anymore. The fact that he's playing games that are way more popular than Gwent and is still struggling to obtain the same viewership is also a sign, heck those numbers dont even come close. In all honesty, my data are facts, but whether hes likable or a traitor comes down to mere opinion. If you like him then go and follow him. I dont care. I'm astonished that I actualy digged this deep.

The idea that he can't have loyal fans is just not true regardless of his viewership. Gwent has not been a stable game and he most likely lost interest in playing it due to homecoming being a mess. It's understandable to move to other games that are more popular and more interesting to him.

The idea that he can't have loyal fans is just not true regardless of his viewership

Seems he has at least one :) No offense meant, I respect your positive view on his reappearance, but you presented just assumptions. Maybe he was not able to create single working deck anymore, maybe he is the last active player of Artifact in this universe, who knows (or cares).. :) As you wrote, might be understandable. But why should community cheer his "glorious" return, I really do not know. I do value loyalty to the game, but is obviously not good business model.

he actualy promoted Gwents competitors

I am with you here. I personally never liked his decks, never followed him in any form and did not miss his presence in Gwent at all. But at least I can give him credit for providing original ideas and that is also reason why spent a moment to make this post :D

The idea that he can't have loyal fans is just not true regardless of his viewership. Gwent has not been a stable game and he most likely lost interest in playing it due to homecoming being a mess. It's understandable to move to other games that are more popular and more interesting to him.

People got mad at him not because he moved from the game, that was understood as something logical in many streamers, in many types of games, in different periods of time.

The difference was in the attempt to promote Artifacts as a genuine interest on their part when in reality it was a paid advertisement.

It was simply a movement that went wrong and as a result that took away credibility, especially because after the decline of Artifacts he did the same with that game.

There are still people who remember that and give it something of importance.

In my case I would prefer that he continue making meme decks as before(At the same time I do not know if the game allows such ideas as before, everything is very limited and pre-built today. I think that makes it more interesting that there is someone looking for those rare interactions.).

I do not care if his interest is genuine or not (but I would not take it into account for any opinion given the case ..... "because money").
And of course I would never see him in relation to Gwent as I can see Oceamud or Pumpking(which does not matter either, each of them looks for their fan base in a different way).

Top Bottom