Swim quit for Artifact - Good sign?

+
it's okay, he was only one of the most popular Gwent streamers (advertisers) who struggled to make content for the last six months in hope that homecoming would be great.

Don't worry, though. I'm sure he will be back when Valve release the game with only one row, because apparently that is what developers do these days.

I was waiting for someone to make a post about this. In my opinion that's a terrible sign. He like most pros knows that the game has taken a terrible turn and he must put his future on another game (maybe artifact developers actually listen to his feedback) from what I understand he was consulted from time to time but he should have been hired as a card developer or hired to break the cards, no one can exploit bad card design like him. Overall this is bad. I dont watch him and am releaved to have him stop making net decks but it's obvious that serious players realize the game has taken a turn far worse than midwinter.

Guys relax... Streamers like him do everything for their best interest. if he had another better deal on artifact he chose so to do and stream exclusively . Its all about business . You cannot compare the 2 games cause they are totally different if you ask me and both are nice. plus i like that gwent has more features that reward you daily (like the lvling system or the ggs/reward points) . in the end its about which game you feel more like playing... dont follow brainlessly others. decide for yourselves which game you like better...

rrc

Forum veteran
Is it confirmed? I haven't watched his videos for sometime. I watch it to see how he thinks in a given situation rather than copying his decks.

It is sad if he quits. But I doubt it has anything to do with whether he liked HC or not. He seemed to like it and had positive feedback only. May be CDPR can't compete with Valve and their prize pool or overall renumeration a streamer or a pro player can get. May be he got better incentive in playing Artifact than Gwent. No matter what, we should just respect his decision and wish him good luck.

Guys relax... Streamers like him do everything for their best interest. if he had another better deal on artifact he chose so to do and stream exclusively . Its all about business.

Yes. Also Artifact is likely to be more NA-centric with events that are going to be held in his own country. There are multiple reasons that have nothing to do with the game mechanics that factor into: "career decisions". However, when he listed his reasons, he picked as number one "Complexity and depth" of new Valve's game.

Gwent has lost its complexity. With only two rows they reduced the design space. For example, imagine having a card with Reach 4 that can hit from the Siege Row to the Melee Row. Maybe with a nearby Crew ally it can gain +1 Reach and hit even further, or if subject to Fog be affected by a -1 Reach modifyier. You can do a lot more things with 3 rows.

Even the card placement is now binary. Yes, I want to stress this, the choice is binary.
You put a unit on row 1.
You put a unit on row 0.

1 0 1 1 0 ... and that's what binary means!

Is it confirmed? I haven't watched his videos for sometime. I watch it to see how he thinks in a given situation rather than copying his decks.

It is sad if he quits. But I doubt it has anything to do with whether he liked HC or not. He seemed to like it and had positive feedback only. May be CDPR can't compete with Valve and their prize pool or overall renumeration a streamer or a pro player can get. May be he got better incentive in playing Artifact than Gwent. No matter what, we should just respect his decision and wish him good luck.
Yes he posted a whole video about how he is leaving and in his reasons went he states he is a competitive person and artifact offers the complexity he is looking for

Finally. Maybe these Copy-Decks of him will vanish as well. People tend to elieve popular opinions more than others. Maybe now we can discus on even footing

A design space that still is so big, you could park the Death Star in it. But let's all just ignore the new provision and order system because those didn't increase the design space by five-fold anyway. Nah, the two rows is what killed Gwent.

It is so big that if it weren't for the removal/control meta, I bet we would not have enough space to play our cards on the board.

I like the new provision system and the orders as well, but cutting a row has a lot of drawbacks, including weather, Reach, cards like Lacerate, Froth,...

The only good thing about 2 rows is that it makes a mobile port possible.

It is so big that if it weren't for the removal/control meta, I bet we would not have enough space to play our cards on the board.

I like the new provision system and the orders as well, but cutting a row has a lot of drawbacks, including weather, Reach, cards like Lacerate, Froth,...

The only good thing about 2 rows is that it makes a mobile port possible.
LOL exactly. This us very similar to the Diablo fiasco. That's how I feel about every update from midwinter on, getting the game ready for mobile. I can't even imagine playing this version on mobile. It's way to slow and boring to grasp the hardcore fans let alone the impatient casuals

He also mentioned he has been making gwent content for two years and was ready for a change. Anything gets old when it is your job, even if you love that job. He said he will still check in on gwent and play it sometimes, but it isn't his professional focus. Doesn't change my opinion, I enjoy coming home from work and playing a few rounds of gwent :)

@4RM3D If you really must know, he quit because he believes the game is beyond saving. I am of the same opinion, and have absolutely no confidence that it will be fixed at this point. There are so many serious design flaws, that it would take months, if not a year to fix them. Assuming you could even make CDPR understand, as they don't even acknowledge them as problems, but intentional design. That's not reassuring, and definitely provides cause for concern. You can't balance a game simply by tweaking numbers.

Whenever I see Karolis.petrikas posting right after idomyownstunts, I know that I am in for a treat. Like those Harry Potter candies, you never know what you'll get, but it's going to be interesting, either way.
ear wax!! im flattered dear moderating friend. dunno about Stunts.
Post automatically merged:

@4RM3D If you really must know..
i went back the thread to see what @4RM3D was asking. and found jacks shit... why u put it this way as if he's an average joe begging his tutor to enlighten him. beats friggin me...

Last edited:
@4RM3D If you really must know, he quit because he believes the game is beyond saving. I am of the same opinion, and have absolutely no confidence that it will be fixed at this point. There are so many serious design flaws, that it would take months, if not a year to fix them. Assuming you could even make CDPR understand, as they don't even acknowledge them as problems, but intentional design. That's not reassuring, and definitely provides cause for concern. You can't balance a game simply by tweaking numbers.

He quits because he's trying to make something out of his videos and streams and considers that Artifact will be more profitable. I don't blame him, a new released game always gets some hype. So he just announce it 20 days in advance the game release to prepare his audience. Period. End of Story.

Also I think I heard in SirPumpkn stream that he was going to participate in the pre-beta tournament of Artifact, so much likely he got invited to play it. Good for him.

Using the X youtuber, or Y streamer left to justify "the game is dying" speech is just childish :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom