Swim quit for Artifact - Good sign?

+
I can see Artifact picking up a lot of interest after ES: Legends disastrous refresh and so many people complaining about HC now. It's a shame, I think HC has bags of potential and I really enjoy the nuance. People have no patience these days.

the more i read posts of some unmentionables the more i think they want gwent dead. not saved. i which case ill say this. you don't need to quit gwent. gwent will quit you.

rrc

Forum veteran
I want Homecoming dead. I liked Gwent.
In this case you actually have the power to do. It's called Uninstalling the game. Just uninstall and clear your browsing history and forget about this forum. It's as good as the game is dead to you. Please do it now.

Swim quitting Gwent...And then what?
New games mean part of the community will split and others will stay, it's nothing surprising and you must be very naive if you think that nobody will leave Gwent for Artifact. Gwent survived Magic Arena, that was easily the toughest part, Artifact is nothing compared to it.

All the community from all CCG will be affected and it's not a bad sign at all, in fact it's a good one, it'll encourage developpers to find new ideas and keep making their game better and better to keep as many players as possible and attract new ones.

Also, peoples leaving for artifact now isn't a concern anyway, because the game is new and fresh, of course a lot of peoples are gonna try it and focus a lot more on it for a while, this is a common phenomenon.

Some of them will stay on Artifact, others will come back on Gwent or even move to another game, meanwhile, some peoples will stumble on Gwent and join the ranks, life goes on...

Gwent has a great core now and very little to do in order to balance the whole thing (most issues are very easy to fix). I'm not worry for this game or CDPR, personaly.

Also, also, doomsayers are active since the beggining of closed beta, yet we're still here, talking about Gwent and playing it. It's been a while since I don't give them credits.

Last edited:
... Also, also, doomsayers are active since the beggining of closed beta, yet we're still here, talking about Gwent and playing it. It's been a while since I don't give them credits.
Also, also game was never at players low like it is now.

And I hate to do this, but it is actually CDPR that did it to themselves.

How do you know? Do you have numbers? Where do they come from?
Stop playing blind. See how many people are streaming the game, how many people are watching, how long you wait between games sometimes. Like, stop pretending. HC is a disaster so far.

Swim quitting Gwent...And then what?
New games mean part of the community will split and others will stay, it's nothing surprising and you must be very naive if you think that nobody will leave Gwent for Artifact. Gwent survived Magic Arena, that was easily the toughest part, Artifact is nothing compared to it.

All the community from all CCG will be affected and it's not a bad sign at all, in fact it's a good one, it'll encourage developpers to find new ideas and keep making their game better and better to keep as many players as possible and attract new ones.

Also, peoples leaving for artifact now isn't a concern anyway, because the game is new and fresh, of course a lot of peoples are gonna try it and focus a lot more on it for a while, this is a common phenomenon.

Some of them will stay on Artifact, others will come back on Gwent or even move to another game, meanwhile, some peoples will stumble on Gwent and join the ranks, life goes on...

Gwent has a great core now and very little to do in order to balance the whole thing (most issues are very easy to fix). I'm not worry for this game or CDPR, personaly.

Also, also, doomsayers are active since the beggining of closed beta, yet we're still here, talking about Gwent and playing it. It's been a while since I don't give them credits.

Talks about nativity - finishes his post - doesn't see the correlation.

I liked his Dryad deck and Foltest video, a little. The guy Is a smug teenager.

But, credit to him and others for making decks other people copy. That's the world of CCG games which I didn't appreciate until GWENT.

I'm not interested in other card games. Life goes on..

Stop playing blind. See how many people are streaming the game, how many people are watching, how long you wait between games sometimes. Like, stop pretending. HC is a disaster so far.
Eeeeer...If that's you only argument, I'm sorry but I don't buy it.
As I said, community is shifting, that makes a lot of sense considering the number of new CCGs coming out lately. It doesn't mean anything on the long run and certainly not the game is dying.

And even if you're right about the player base, do you know about a game called "For honor"?
About a year and a half ago, the game lost 9O% of it's player base on PC...9O%, just imagine.
A lot of peoples were saying that the game is dead and the servers will shut 2 months later at best, yet, not only the game is still active now but Ubisoft keeps making updates and adding new content on it, the game has never been better than it is now....and the game is complete shit (I mean, on paper it's genius but the game developper's incompetence turned it into a pile of garbage).

So even the usual "the game never had been so low on players before" don't worries me whatsoever and I'm sure we will still be playing for a long time...

In fact, it's better than that, even poeples who're complaining about the game are still here and we're long past the state of "giving a chance to the new formula". So basically they're complaining because this is what people does but I have the feeling they'll keep playing it because deep inside them they like it.

And at this point it's all about assumption from my part, that's true but let's be honest, if I play a game and trully think that it became crap, I just uninstall it and move on to something else. I would not waste my time rambling about how bad it became for months. The real sign of a game dying is when the forum gets silent, not when peoples complain about it.

Impetuouspanda just said on his stream that he'll go pursuing casting career in Artifact. Has nothing against doing both if both companies are OK with it, but here you go. Nothing to worry about here too. Everything;s rainbows and roses.

who cares about panda, swim would have been beter caster in gwent tournaments ...

I personally don't find wait times long. Might just depend on when you play.

I am just curious, for the people that are always negative about everything qwent; why do you stick around and fuss about it instead of finding something else you love?

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I am just curious, for the people that are always negative about everything qwent; why do you stick around and fuss about it instead of finding something else you love?

I think it goes like so...

1. Players enjoyed Gwent.
2. Developers changed Gwent.
3. Players stopped enjoying Gwent.

It's like having a favorite blanket. It's the awesomest, most bestest blanket in the whole wide world. It was a gift. Then the gift giver comes over and rips it out from under your feet, pours gasoline on it, lights it on fire, puts a portable fan in front of you, places the ashes in front of said fan, turns it on and calls it Gwent: Homecoming.

I'd say the above is a bit of an extreme view point. It's a view point, nonetheless. I wouldn't go so far as to say I share it. I can certainly understand it. Some of the card abilities and mechanics in HC right now range from ridiculous to, in the words of the Redanian guard I bumped into in W3, "Uh, what the fuck?". Yeah, a lot of this stuff can be fixed with balancing patches. A lot of it existing in the first place doesn't exactly instill confidence.

Short version, because they're passionate about the game.

who cares about panda, swim would have been beter caster in gwent tournaments ...
He used to be a caster in tournaments
Post automatically merged:

I personally don't find wait times long. Might just depend on when you play.

Compare that to the beta. I never had to wait more than 10 seconds to find a match, casual, ranked, and arena after 6 months of no patches
Post automatically merged:

It's like having a favorite blanket. It's the awesomest, most bestest blanket in the whole wide world. It was a gift. Then the gift giver comes over and rips it out from under your feet, pours gasoline on it, lights it on fire, puts a portable fan in front of you, places the ashes in front of said fan, turns it on and calls it Gwent: Homecoming.

I'd say the above is a bit of an extreme view point. It's a view point, nonetheless. I wouldn't go so far as to say I share it. I can certainly understand it. Some of the card abilities and mechanics in HC right now range from ridiculous to, in the words of the Redanian guard I bumped into in W3, "Uh, what the fuck?". Yeah, a lot of this stuff can be fixed with balancing patches. A lot of it existing in the first place doesn't exactly instill confidence.

My all time favorite game. Been gaming close to 40 years and played them all.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

The funny part being, back to old Gwent, peoples were complaining about it, saying that CDPR needs to trash everything they did and restart from the beginning....Now they actually did peoples are complaining because it's not the same game...

So when you say that "players enjoyed Gwent" I'm sorry but based on what a LOT of peoples said on the forum before HC started as a project, this is not true at all.

Some of the card abilities and mechanics in HC right now range from ridiculous to, in the words of the Redanian guard I bumped into in W3, "Uh, what the fuck?".
Don't play MTG...especially Legacy or Vintage, even the most ridiculous effect in Gwent is a big fat joke compared to the weakest card in those formats.

Compare that to the beta. I never had to wait more than 10 seconds to find a match, casual, ranked, and arena after 6 months of no patches
Same as now btw, nothing changed from that perspective...

Humorously, and concisely put. I'd give you 1000 cookies if I could and thanks for making me laugh :D

I hope one day all those people who are always positive about everything qwent, always bathe in rainbows and unicorn farts no matter what happens to gwent, would finally get a grip on the situation rather than complaining that people are complaining. Nah, I am asking too much. Do whatever you wish. Who cares.

Top Bottom