Switch - post 1.36 bug with Witcher Contracts

+
I'm recently updated my switch version of the game and after that all of my quest bugged.Before all of this I transfered my save file to GOG played a bit than transfered back to Switch version. I can't finish the Family Matters quest (I'm killed the tree spirit) when i try to speak about Anna with the baron the only yellow option is the "play gwent". Other one is the Contract: Shrieker , I'm killed the beast and a navigator says to go to the board but nothing happens, when i go to the contract issuer I can't speak with him. The third one is the Fyke Island quest where i can't open the door to the last floor, it doesn't matter how i pull or push the levers. Then I tried to transfer my save back to GOG and all of the things are the same.

Please help
Thank You

Stuck on the same lever quest as you, contacted CDPR and was told to start from scratch if i didnt make a save before i started using cross save. Trying to find a way around this with mods as i do not wish to restart my save.

Sorry, folks, but if that was the response from Tech Support...there's likely nothing else for it. :(

It's unfortunately common that certain bugfixes are not retroactive. I can prevent the bug from happening, but if it happens before the fix is introduced...there's no way back.

One thing that might be worth trying, if you have the game on PC, is to use the command console to throw all of the flags for that quest. Once the game thinks the quest is done, you should be able to carry on. (Just be sure the PC game is 100% vanilla aside from the command console mod before you transfer your save from the Switch.)

Does anyone know how to fix the witcher contracts bug? Im playing througg hearts of stone and my witcher contracts tab has completely dissapeared. I have followed the instruction laid out by support, but no luck. Ive now messaged the support team, as I fear looking about 20+ hours of gameplay and effort.
Any help is majorly appreciated, bought a switch specifically for this title, so very dissapointed.

Does anyone know how to fix the witcher contracts bug? Im playing througg hearts of stone and my witcher contracts tab has completely dissapeared. I have followed the instruction laid out by support, but no luck. Ive now messaged the support team, as I fear looking about 20+ hours of gameplay and effort.
Any help is majorly appreciated, bought a switch specifically for this title, so very dissapointed.

If I'm understanding this correctly, just head to any contract board and grab the quest(s) associated with HoS. After that, the regular witcher contracts should go back to normal.

[...dupe snip! -- SigilFey]

If I'm understanding this correctly, just head to any contract board and grab the quest(s) associated with HoS. After that, the regular witcher contracts should go back to normal.

Unfortunately this isnt the case :( I have tried to open saves prior to this, and my witcher contract tab has entirely dissapeared on them also - aside from one which is considerably back way before completing the main story line - meaning I have lost 20+ hours of gameplay if I continue from there. I am also weary about continuing from there and running into the same issue.

Its worth me mentioning that I had opened Witcher contracts whilst playing this expansion in the past - it seems to have only happened since the last time me playing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...

Are you sure it's not a filter setting?

Also, have you taken all of the contracts that surround HoS? They will override the contract boards temporarily (and maybe the journal for contracts as well) until they're accepted. (I say, "they", but if I remember right, I think it's only 1.)

Also-also, very importantly, just confirming that you're not using any mods, nor have you ever used any in the past. If so, that's likely the root of the issue.

Hmmm...

Also, have you taken all of the contracts that surround HoS? They will override the contract boards temporarily (and maybe the journal for contracts as well) until they're accepted. (I say, "they", but if I remember right, I think it's only 1.)

Also-also, very importantly, just confirming that you're not using any mods, nor have you ever used any in the past. If so, that's likely the root of the issue.

Hey there - I have never used any mods at any point!

How would I determine if this is a filter? Bearing in mind if I go to past saves prior to starting HOS of BAW my contracts still arent there, but ofcourse were at the point of play where I saved them. I can go back 20+ hours and can access the witcher quests from there, but ofcourse lose a load of my save that way (takes me back to before completing the main story).
I can access all other quest tabs (main quest, side quests etc) apart from Witcher Contracts.

Hmmm...

Hey Sigil, did you get my reply to this?
Cheers again for being willing to help me here - still no luck my end!

Hey, again! Just super-busy this week. Sorry.

1591824118309.png

For example, if I were to click on "Secondary Quests", it would expand that list. If I clicked on "Witcher Contracts", it would collapse that list. That's how it works on PC and console, at least. I've never played the Switch version, but I assume it would be much the same.

As for the modding concern, most bugs that seem like unique, one-off issues are normally a result of modded games. That doesn't mean only on the Switch, either. If, for example, I were to mod the game on PC, then transfer one of those saves to the Switch (or from the Switch to the PC), I'd almost certainly wind up with a borked game. Just double-checking that no mods were involved in any way, shape, or form.

- updated my switch version of the game
- and after that all of my quest bugged
- Before all of this I transfered my save file to GOG
- played a bit than transfered back to Switch version
- I can't finish the Family Matters quest

just a wild goose here, but when you moved the files to GOG, did you play it on any other version? Is that even possible? I don't have the GOG version, or multiple/cross platforms, just PC.

the root cause of the issue, you have thus explained, but solve it how, i knows not.

just a wild goose here, but when you moved the files to GOG, did you play it on any other version? Is that even possible? I don't have the GOG version, or multiple/cross platforms, just PC.

Yes, exactly. It is possible to transfer saves via the cloud between Switch and PC. That's why I'm checking again about the possibility that this could be a mod-related issues. While Switch offers its own mods, PC mods will almost certainly create issues on the Switch once the data references are in the save-state. And vice versa.

Although, you raise another good point (even if indirectly):

@TomHarrison1992
Can you confirm that the game has installed completely and correctly? If possible, try to manually update / verify / repair the installation.

I know that both PS4 and Xbox offer a feature that lets you begin playing a game as soon as it has reached a "playable state"...even though the game is not fully installed. I'd recommend against this for TW3. Not sure if Switch has such a feature.

Yes, exactly. It is possible to transfer saves via the cloud between Switch and PC. That's why I'm checking again about the possibility that this could be a mod-related issues. While Switch offers its own mods, PC mods will almost certainly create issues on the Switch once the data references are in the save-state. And vice versa.

Although, you raise another good point (even if indirectly):

@TomHarrison1992
Can you confirm that the game has installed completely and correctly? If possible, try to manually update / verify / repair the installation.

I know that both PS4 and Xbox offer a feature that lets you begin playing a game as soon as it has reached a "playable state"...even though the game is not fully installed. I'd recommend against this for TW3. Not sure if Switch has such a feature.

Hey Sigil cheers for getting back to me.
Regarding the image you uploaded for me - the whole 'Witcher Contracts' tab has completely dissapeared - as if it was never there in the first place! So whereas in your image you can see the header 'Witcher Contracts', it has been completely removed from mine.
I only have the game on Switch so have not imported any saves from elsewhere and have not installed any mods.
I have been playing since february and installed it correctly and updated when necessary. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game in hopes of fixing the issue, as well as deleting all cache (as the CD Projekt Red help page reccomends).

I have noticed that this has been an issue since doing an update on the game a couple of weeks ago - before that update the game played absolutely fine.

Cheers once again for your reply and continued effort to help me solve this.

...the whole 'Witcher Contracts' tab has completely dissapeared...

:oops:

I have noticed that this has been an issue since doing an update on the game a couple of weeks ago - before that update the game played absolutely fine.

Alrighty -- now we're sure something's up. Can you send this into CDPR Support? Please, identify the version of the game as of the last update (that introduced the issue), and include a saved game file.

You can tell them I said: " :oops:"

:oops:

Alrighty -- now we're sure something's up. Can you send this into CDPR Support? Please, identify the version of the game as of the last update (that introduced the issue), and include a saved game file.

You can tell them I said: " :oops:"

Hey Sigil,
Have sent them a second E-mail - as they never responded to my first, although there is a 1000 character cap so couldnt explain in full detail what the issue is.
Do you know the team personally? Is there any possibility of forwarding this on/checking they recieved my querie?
Thanks again for the continuous help, you have certainly made all of this less stressful.
Heres hoping this can be resolved soon!
Tom

Edited the title to avoid confusion.

Hey Sigil,
Have sent them a second E-mail - as they never responded to my first, although there is a 1000 character cap so couldnt explain in full detail what the issue is.
Do you know the team personally? Is there any possibility of forwarding this on/checking they recieved my querie?
Thanks again for the continuous help, you have certainly made all of this less stressful.
Heres hoping this can be resolved soon!
Tom

As for forwarding it, not really much more to be done even on my side. They'll get to it. It may also take time to figure out what happened. I've never heard of anything like this before happening in the vanilla game. And, of course, stuff is moving more slowly in general because of the pandemic.

For the future, don't worry about explaining too much for the actual ticket. Always best to keep that brief. Just include:
  • Platform
  • Game version
  • Save file / screenshot / short vid (as either a link or attachment)
  • Brief on the problem, and whether or not it seems random or reliably re-creatable. So, for something like this, I'd put the following in the ticket:
"Playing on the Switch, v1.36. No mods. Witcher Contracts completely disappeared from the journal. It began after updating to 1.36. Save file included. Thanks!"

Top Bottom