Switch version and mods?

+
Hello there.

I have a mild curiosity. I've been playing TW3 on Switch, it was my first time playing the game. However, ever since the latest update, I've transferred my save file to the Steam version and been playing there, often transferring back to Switch if I intend to play on the go. Thing is, since I've already beaten the game, I want to install some mods (stuff like Henry Cavill's face for Geralt, or TW1's Raven Armor). But I fear I'll no longer be able to transfer my saves without the game crashing or worse. Is it possible to install texture mods and/or new items on the pc version and it still be playable on the Switch version?

I doubt there's a definite answer to this question. It could also vary from mod to mod. And some consequences might only show some time later in this huge game. The only really safe way is without mods!

Definitely make sure to remember the save game before you moved it to the PC version with the mod.

I think it will most likely cause issues. Whenever you save the game with mods running, it will leave reference data from that mod in the game's save-state. There's no way for the Switch to read that information, and there's no way to remove the data. (Think of it as holes left in the data that require the mods to fill. The Switch will treat it like corruption or missing data.)

Top Bottom