Switcher is coming in 2019!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019!

Set to launch this year both digitally and in retail, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition for Nintendo Switch comes with the base game, as well as every piece of additional content ever released. This includes both story expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, as well as all 16 free DLCs.

Forum veteran
You people are insane and I love it.

Obviously there are some visual compromises to keep the frame rate up, but visuals are a tiny part of what makes the game so good.

Especially since Geralt 'hates portals', eh? The old witcher must have taken some persuading. Heh.
I'm giving you a redpoint for finding a way to weaponize puns. That caused me physical pain.

Forum veteran
Ach, I've been punishing the unsuspecting with these sort of jests for years. You know that.
Oof. Awful. Also, off-topic. I demand an immediate self-ban.

On topic: does the port use dynamic resolution scaling like on the Xbox? Watching at 1080P, the lack of sharp edges suggest it's being upscaled to 1920x1080, and 15 seconds in you can see everything suddenly get less blurry. It looks like a switch (HA, I CAN DO PUNS TOO) to a higher resolution. And is the game targeting 30 or 60 frames per second?

Here's a few screenshots captured on Nintendo Switch:

Witcher3-Switch-Adventure_is_waiting_around_every_corner-RGB-EN.png

Witcher3-Switch-Be_honest-you_really_want_to_tickle_these_feet-RGB-EN.png

Witcher3-Switch-Farily_certain_I_can_beat_you_guys_there-RGB-EN.png

Witcher3-Switch-Got_a_bad_feeling_about_this-RGB-EN.png

Witcher3-Switch-King_of_the_Wild_Hunt-pleasure_to_make_your_acquaintance-RGB-EN.png

Witcher3-Switch-So_eager_to_join_his_friends...-RGB-EN.png

Witcher3-Switch-Switch_Should_have_taken_the_long_route-RGB-EN.png

Witcher3-Switch-They_call_it_the_Hanged_Mans_Tree_for_a_reason-RGB-EN.png

Witcher3-Switch-Two_witchers_are_always_better_than_one-RGB-EN.png

Witcher3-Switch-Whatever_it_is_she_is_thinking,_you_can_tell_she_is_dead_serious_about_it-RGB-EN.png

Here is some gameplay footage of the game:

On a more serious note, it's impressive how much the devs can achieve with the Witcher 3, knowing the specs of the Switch are pretty mediocre.

And now, a more thoughtful reaction to this announcement -- free of bad jokes:

Honestly, for me, this is an unanticipated extension of The Witcher III (and, frankly, a rather disappointing one, as an aside). Of all the thousands of suggestions, requests, pleas, demands, laments, rages, and entreaties I've seen posted on the Forums over the years, interest in Switch has been remarkably minuscule (only two small threads). Based upon feedback players voiced here, I'd have expected a release of quite a different kind. However, judging from just one example of the reactions, on Twitter (with approximately 17K Likes, so far), clearly, this is an innovation which excites gamers, albeit elsewhere.

Although I've no interest in mobile gaming, personally, after watching a short interview with CDPR's Co-CEO Marcin Iwinski, I begin, dimly, to see the appeal of Switch, for busy gamers, constantly on the go, with little time to sit down in front of a screen at home. It seems a convenient, though very confined, means to keep playing. That said, Witcher III, given its rich visuals, and often grand, impressive landscapes, seems an awkward choice for a small screen. To my mind, the playing experience of a vast open world seems cramped, when compressed into the Switch's format -- and, even when linked to a larger screen, the graphic fidelity would still be somewhat limited. . . .

But, perhaps these are mere superficial considerations, for there is far, far more to the game than visuals alone. Foremost are the compelling narratives and engrossing characters. These may be appreciated, regardless of resolution -- outshining all else. Although the emotional impacts of Geralt's adventures could be slightly diminished by a smaller tableau, perhaps their considerable force and accomplishments can transcend the presentation. For me, above all, stand the stories.

Therefore, my personal disappointment, and doubts aside, I am genuinely pleased at the prospect of new players engaging in the world of the Witcher, as they experience, and appreciate, the magnitude of Witcher III's stories! Ultimately, I hope this is achieved by the Switch release: To expand the game's audience, and provide quality entertainment to newcomers and veterans alike. So, welcome to the Path, witchers and witcheresses!

@Alicja. I'm really interested in the switch version of the witcher 3 but could we get a confirmation if it will be possible to transfer/sync existing save files if you already have the game on any other platform?

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!! So excited for the Switch release, I have already pre-ordered. You really surprised me after all the negative views of the Switch and its capabilities that surrounded my and a few other peoples requests for this release. I thought it might only happen after the next updated model of the Switch releases, so was absolutely stunned, in awe and over the moon delighted at this announcement.
Again, Thankyou, I cannot praise you enough and may the Witcher 3 on Switch be the most successful seller and profit maker for your amazing staff and company. Honestly wishing you all the most utmost success with the "Switcher"!

Forum veteran
Various details from this Eurogamer article:

- The download is ~32 GB
- No cross-saves
- 540p in handheld mode, 720p docked (with dynamic resolution enabled)

The more I think about it, the smarter a move this seems. Technical challenges of the port aside, there's really nothing like it on the Switch except for maybe Breath of the Wild. And lower resolutions are less noticeable on the small screen in portable mode anyway. Besides, the people who own Switches know it's not the most powerful thing on the planet, and tend to be more willing to double-dip to have a beloved game on the go. So long as the port doesn't crash, it seems destined for success.

@Alicja. I'm really interested in the switch version of the witcher 3 but could we get a confirmation if it will be possible to transfer/sync existing save files if you already have the game on any other platform?

After my wishes were trounced, I thought Gwent, The Witcher Adventure Game and even more probably Thronebreaker would come to the Switch first, but how lovely it is to be wrong! (Hells denizens must be having a nice cool reprieve just now!)
Thankyou for achieving the seemingly impossible by porting the best game ever to the Switch. May you achieve every success with this launch! May your other games successfully follow on to the Switch in the future also!
Thankyou, Thankyou and Well Done!!!

Will the nintendo port have Ragdoll_Physics in the dead_enemy_corpses like in PC/PS4/XBOX.

It is very fun to move the dead_enemy_corpses with AARD !!!

(( In the PC/PS4/XBOX the dead_enemy_ragdoll_corpses stay in the wolrd several minutes ))

Top Bottom