Sword BUG

+
So, i had brought Ciri to Kaer Morhen. Soon as the battle started and i had to play as Ciri to save Triss i noticed Ciri's sword was invisible.
So basically Ciri had the sword in his hands, i could hear the sound when it hit some object, but could not do any damage to enemies.
I manage to save Triss with the amulet which causes a fireball fall from the sky.
Well, now i need to fight Crones inside their mountain and obviously can't use the amulet there.

Please respond to this as soon as possible, i wanna play.

I'm afraid we'll need some more information to help you out:

1.) What platform are you on: PC / Xbox / PS4?

2.) If PC, are you using any mods, or have you every used any in the past? (Also, please post your specs.)

3.) Have you tried reloading to an earlier save and playing through the KM intro again? Did you ever encounter anything like this earlier in the game?

Haven't experienced anything like this before.
Im playing on PC

Gtx 1060 6GB, Intelcore i5-8600k
I've tried to reload the game many times, but just does not seem to work.
Also playing on Ultra settings.
Post automatically merged:

While on a cutscene i can actually see the sword.

Last edited:
Very importantly from above:

2.) If PC, are you using any mods, or have you every used any in the past?

Mods are normally responsible for obscure weirdness.

If not, however, and the sword appears correctly in other scenes, then it's likely missing or corrupted data. A verify / repair through GOG / Steam / Origin is a good place to start.

When you say reloading the game, are you reloading to a point before Ciri is active? If it was a simple loading hiccup, the bug may still remain resident in the save-state.

Another thing I just remembered -- don't loot corpses with Ciri. If you manage to pick a weapon to her "inventory", it can cause the model of the other weapon to draw in on her back in a way that sort of merges with her actual sword. You may be experiencing a version of that.

A second-second thought, did you happen to toggle the alternate look for Ciri on/off while actually playing as her in the game?

Top Bottom