Sword fighting...as a witcher

+
Sword fighting...as a witcher

Hey there.I hope some of my points and quiestions will get through or are already implemanted.1. Figting monsters. I hope we wont be able to parry their attacks. Only dodge. For obvious reasons.2. No group style. Which means? What exactly? Is the target mode 1 enemy only kind of attack? Is there a possibility that while attacking a foe we can injure another in a reach of a sword sweep/cut? Or all attacks, no matter how wide, have an effect only on highlighted enemy?I would liketo have an opportunity to wound multiple targets if they find themselves on a colliding course with my blade.3. Block/parry - will they be automatic, while holding a key, no matter which direction are they coming from?I just hope RED team is working or consulting with someone that knows a great deal about fencing :)Ok, thats all for now. please let me know do you fell/think the same.

I can say something about gropu style. As we can know, there won't be styles like W1. In interview from GC, Jasiek I think, said that under left mouse button we will have stron strike, under right quick strike (or inversely). In polygadka (Polish language only) Tomek Gop said something about sword fighting development. If we would "buy" strong strike skill, we will be able to hit more that one oponent in the same time. If we will develop it more we will be able to hit oponents in front and behind us too. So everything depends on our character development (alchemy, signs, sword fighting).

Your first point. Wouldn't it depend /entirely/ on the monster you're fighting? There's a huge difference between a drowner and a dragon.

Dezired said:
Your first point. Wouldn't it depend /entirely/ on the monster you're fighting? There's a huge difference between a drowner and a dragon.
Thought of that too, but I think it's pretty obvious, that it's extremely hard to block a clawed beast paw with a sword... BTW, in the W1 Lambert told us that "silver" sword-styles were developed from usual styles but with some differenses - one of them is "no blocking, only dodging"

As for fighting multiple opponents, I think that, ofcourse, geralt will do some g=damage to those enemies who are stupid enough to cling to the badguy, who is being chopped by the witcher in the current moment, but I'm also pretty sure that there will be some combos, which will posess a very wide hit range (these combos I think will be the "substitute" of the group style)

Top Bottom