“Sword of the Witcher” – premiere of VADER’s newest video clip today!

+
freakie1one said:
freakie1one said:
As a 30+ year guitar veteran, I want to know were the damn guitar solo was! The Witcher deserves a Zakk Wylde esq' chainsaw solo!
I personally find guitar solos annoying. I'm glad Vader would be willing to be somewhat original and not follow the same cookie cutter recipe that everyone else does :p
Your kidding right? The industry has belched out crap for the last ten years with no guitar solo's and nothing but rhythm tracks for the masses of sheep.On another note for Petra; Listen to some BLack Label Society and you will understand what I mean :)

OneEyeRed said:
OneEyeRed said:
OneEyeRed said:
As a 30+ year guitar veteran, I want to know were the damn guitar solo was! The Witcher deserves a Zakk Wylde esq' chainsaw solo!
I personally find guitar solos annoying. I'm glad Vader would be willing to be somewhat original and not follow the same cookie cutter recipe that everyone else does :p
Your kidding right? The industry has belched out crap for the last ten years with no guitar solo's and nothing but rhythm tracks for the masses of sheep.On another note for Petra; Listen to some BLack Label Society and you will understand what I mean :)
No, I wasn't kidding. I've always disliked 99% of guitar solos. I started listening to metal in the 80's and it seems guitar solos have been overdone so much that now they just get under my skin. But then again, I stopped listening to metal about 10-12 years ago so I'm not too familiar with anything recent.

Kurak said:
Yeah, guitar solos sucks - Britney Spears rlz!
and what if both are in one song? Children of bodom, oops i did it again - cover:Dhttp://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=N6vTU78xLmA

YarpenZirgin said:
YarpenZirgin said:
Yeah, guitar solos sucks - Britney Spears rlz!
and what if both are in one song? Children of bodom, oops i did it again - cover:Dhttp://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=N6vTU78xLmA
Ha! That's good. However, this is more my taste (please excuse the low quality audio)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCW_d4aAfZEAfter metal started to become more mainstream I shifted to mostly industrial and EBM.

PetraSilie said:
but the voice sounds like a malfunction at concrete mixer
The voice is the very first thing which shows, that the Song/The Witcher is NOT meant for kids.This is not some sort of weak stereotyped Nu Metal. And The Witcher is not some sort of stereotyped Electronic Arts RPG.

Hi everyone have been reading for some time on this forum, yea the music video by vader is kinda okay but i belive that they could have done better. The one thing that bugs me is the lyrics, Witcher is my name? As one user commented almost sound like they did it over a six-pack of beer. If they had put more time into the lyrics i would be satisfied, my little contribution Iam a witcher, die by my bladeBeasts and evil men are the sameGive comments if you likeCheers!Quote goes to Yeawitcher and correction not a six-pack it was a twelve-pack

Dudes, I can't stay silent any longer!. ;DFirst of all, it'w awesome that the developers did something different and associated their game with a death metal band. And that it was Vader comes as no surprise. Well, it could have been Behemoth as well (as someone hinted) and they are equally good in their own way.Of course everybody can't like death metal but how mainstream and predictable wouldn't it have been to have a symphonic metal band like Nightwish do the music? Besides, as someone said, this is a dark, mature game. How silly wouldn't it seem to see those evil looking monsters get slaughtered by our own murder machine to the sound of an up tempo happy happy power metal song? Or a Finnish goth-metal love song. I mean, I can understand if you don't like death/black metal but it fits in the atmosphere much better. Personally I think über-commersial (but brilliant) Dimmu Borgir might have done something good with The Witcher. But I think it's cool that they chose a Polish band. The best choice for a song would be Forgotten Empire of Dark Witchcraft, hehe.

@ SchtraiderSmall rectification: while I'm not exactly sure whether you got it all correctly judging from your post, I just want to be certain that you are aware of the fact that Vader's "Sword of the Witcher" is only a track inspired by the game for promitional purposes only. It is by no means the band that performed "The Witcher's" in game music. That was done by Polish Adam Skorupa. Samples of his in game tracks can be found here.

Schtraider said:
**** snip*****Of course everybody can't like death metal but how mainstream and predictable wouldn't it have been to have a symphonic metal band like Nightwish do the music? Besides, as someone said, this is a dark, mature game. How silly wouldn't it seem to see those evil looking monsters get slaughtered by our own murder machine to the sound of an up tempo happy happy power metal song? Or a Finnish goth-metal love song. I mean, I can understand if you don't like death/black metal but it fits in the atmosphere much better. Personally I think über-commersial (but brilliant) Dimmu Borgir might have done something good with The Witcher. But I think it's cool that they chose a Polish band. The best choice for a song would be Forgotten Empire of Dark Witchcraft, hehe.
Ok .. maybe I need to clear some more things up on my comment. There is nothing necessarily wrong with Vader and Death Metal in general. I made the comment about Nightwish simply because I feel they put a lot more thought and time and feeling into their music. So maybe the up tempo sound of Nighwish couldnt have fit the bill either for this game but lets face it. The lyrics Vader put together for this game make me wanna hurl. If you actually read the ' backstory ' and spent some time getting to know the game I have no idea how they could come up with the lyrics they did for this song. It was commented, that the game inspired the music, however-from the very real opposition to that comment it was said that developers from CDProjekt CAME TO VADER which makes my comment about crappy lyrics even more clear. If your heart/soul isnt into something (as clearly the developers of the witcher have their heart and soul into this game,) then you are going to get a what you see from Vader. An empty conglomeration of words to go with neat effects and a scratchy voice. So, this is not a track inspired by the game, this is a track inspired by 'the thought of having a death metal band do a joint video with cd projekt in order to help promote the game' which, IMO was done poorly and without much thought of the game itself. It seems a bit funny to me that some people are actually sticking up for Vader ...... A rose by any other name is still a rose. And that goes the same for sh¥sta.

Witu: I realize the song was some sort of PR stunt. Although I like death metal I wouldn't want my entire game sountrack to be that extreme. Yeahwitcher: To be honest I disregarded the quality of the song in this discussion. But now when you mention it I must say I kind of like it although, as you said, the lyrics kind of blows. At least the ones I can make out. And Peter's "singing" is awesome, so shut it. ;DI HAVE been following this game since 2004, don't jump to conclusions. I know something about the world and of the story of Geralt. And although a more medieval sounding song would have fit better, Nightwish (why is it always them, hehe) are too wimpy, to be honest. And I personally think that the glimpses from the game, the video and the music create a mood that at leat I associate with The Witcher. Maybe a weeee bit too much horror but still.At FINALLY, to even hint that Nightwish put more thought into their music than Vader or other death metal bands is just laughable. Tuomas (I think that's his name) is to me a extremely talented melody maker but that doesn't make their music more "deep" or thoughtful. They make catchy tunes, nothing more.

Forgive if I missed that but is there already a Nightwish song out that is "inspired by The Witcher"? So we might have sth to compare regarding inspiration ;D All I know so far is that Atari will launch several promotion acts with Nightwish but I haven't seen sth like that. Is "Amaranth" considered as such a promotion? o_O

Nightwish and the Witcher? I'm not too sure about it. I would say Within Temptation or Blind Guardian would live in a better symbioze with the Witcher climate.

Just watched Vaders video and I didnt really like it. Music was ok and vocalist sounded ok but lyrics bugged me a lot. Like some have said, I got the feeling too this song had been done without thinking much. What comes for Nightwish, I guess they would have done better job at this ;D

I'm sorry to say this, but the lyrics of this song just leave me wondering whether I should give in to manical laughter or cry in desparation.What were those guys thinking?"I am the lordand master of the sword"?Oh my god.... this is just so stupid it could become a classic on its own. I guess I choose manical laughter. But haven't we got Manowar for stuff as stupid as that? ;)I liked the intro (roughly the first 40 seconds), but the rest of the song is... as a fan of Vader I'd be pretty pissed. This song is so simplistic it could be in the charts, at least here in Germany. Probably the only thing keeping it from being in the charts here is the singing, which I liked, except for the lyrics, of course, and the lack of publicity in the media.Nevertheless, it's a nice move to do this with a polish band, not just with any generic band that's currently well-known.Regarding Nightwish:I really used to like them, every once in a while I still listen to the "Oceanborn" album. I agree with Petra (I think she said that), that Anette's voice just sounds like any generic pop-metal girlie out there. Don't like it too much, but I guess it fits now that they're becoming more and more mainstream. I don't think a song by Nightwish would capture the dark world of The Witcher too good, either. They're still quite romantic, after all, I can understand that Vader fan (Stormbringer, I think?) referring to them as kitsch. ;)I would like some bands, that are not black, death or goth metal (or whatever you call Nightwish's style nowadays, I get confused with those substyles pretty easily), but still manage to be somewhat dark and brooding. Nevermore (one song example here would come to mind, who always manage to amaze me with every album they release. Also, they tend to have great lyrics and have a great range of songs, from really good ballads like this one up to nice neckbreakers like this one ;) It doesn't always need to black / death or goth metal. But I doubt something like that might happen, because they are neither polish nor are they really popular, so this deal would be pointless, except for people who already are Nevermore or The Witcher fans ;)

you're right that there are lots of better lyrics, it's not epic just cool :) I don't especially like death metal, I like other metals, but this song is excellent, even I don't like the other songs of the band :D

Top Bottom