Sword Requirement Levels, Equipment Level Scaling

+
Damien had some more to say about item scaling: (credit Tovarisc on GAF for finding it)

Damien Monnier said:
Yes maybe you are right actually - you won't even feel the system is in place and you can still get mega epic stuff that will stay static.
I felt like maybe this is something that people wanted to know to understand our thinking but maybe you are right I talk too much sometimes about our technical stuff (I like to explain to people the thinking behind a design without it breaking the illusion).
Maybe just go with the flow don't try to "game" it I would say, that's how I play it and I have a tone of fun. :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...stream_with_cdprs_damien_monnier_in_5/cqkbwiv

Damien Monnier said:
We also have unique powerful swords and gear that will always be at a set level and set stats. I forgot to mention that - and that's why I came here to reply to your point which is totally valid - in fact as soon as I remembered that I failed to mention it (when the recording was over) I thought to myself "I must go on Reddit and clarify this no doubt somebody picked up on it!". Only some gear is there to 'fit' you but you don't notice it. Fear not it works really well :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...stream_with_cdprs_damien_monnier_in_5/cqkbkvr

Yeah it was very probable. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if swords dont even have damage, but just have a percentage that it increases your base damage based on your level., hence ending up with weapons basically having no "original version" in terms of damage.

So if I kill a monster, but I still need 100 xp to level, should I go farm and then come back and pick up the loot box? And will it still be there? Could be kind of frustrating to level right after you pick up a cool sword that ends up being a level behind.

So if I kill a monster, but I still need 100 xp to level, should I go farm and then come back and pick up the loot box? And will it still be there? Could be kind of frustrating to level right after you pick up a cool sword that ends up being a level behind.

It might not be that bad. Like I said, depends how high the damage differences are and what exactly changes with +/- one or two levels.
Also, it might be that you can not do that, considering you might not be actually SHOWN which level the weapon needs to use it's full potential. They would be stupid to show you that if they really want to "Immerse" you into it an make you not realize the sword is "nerfed" to your level.

Top Bottom