SY buffs are asinine.

+
SY did not need the ridiculous buffs it received in 10.6. It was performing great without this poison spam nonsense. Syndicate has had some of the most consistent over the top decks in the past 2 years. No idea where the devs are going with this other than trying to implode their own game.

SY has obviously been doing more than well for themselves, but the decks you run into is the typical standard SY meta deck where all they do is throw in whatever are the strongest SY cards at the current time, making it feel extremely bland without any real identity.

Some full on poison SY decks will only serve to increase the diversity of the meta rather than take away from it. Same as buffing handbuff isn't wrong just because elves were doing fine etc.

Some full on poison SY decks will only serve to increase the diversity of the meta rather than take away from it. Same as buffing handbuff isn't wrong just because elves were doing fine etc.
Well said. The only other meta Syndicate deck was the standard OtB midrange deck that just stuck the best Syndicate cards in it. Every other leader and archetype in Syndicate wasn’t good. Reviving and fleshing out a dead and incomplete archetype within Syndicate gives some more variety to the faction and the meta as a whole.

There is no meta variety. There is SY and Monsters this season with a side of ST. No way for other decks to keep up with their levels of removal and point slam.

SY poison is having rather hard time against ST or MO (pointslam, carapace) - there are just too many heavy units to remove, or puifies or veils.
Salamandra finishing combo depends strongly on last play.

SY poison is having rather hard time against ST or MO (pointslam, carapace) - there are just too many heavy units to remove, or puifies or veils.
Salamandra finishing combo depends strongly on last play.
It' s a cool deck because it requires a working brain, but there are too many cards you are not allowed to miss ( Roland, Salamander, defender, candle ) and suffers a lot answers to your board.
Long round is always preferred but, even in this scenario, against siege/st elves-dwarfes/sy cob and censer users it's gonna be an hard time.

After grinding for mastery quest for the last two weeks with Blood Money and SY poison I'd say it's not even in the meta.
Despite my 2/1 win/loss rate I was still losing consistently to:
- elves
- siege engines
- Keltullis
- SK self wound until I have included Kurt in my deck

After grinding for mastery quest for the last two weeks with Blood Money and SY poison I'd say it's not even in the meta.
Despite my 2/1 win/loss rate I was still losing consistently to:
- elves
- siege engines
- Keltullis
- SK self wound until I have included Kurt in my deck
could you share your deck? i need to complete the blood money contract too and i dont have clue how to do it (in fact i have with poison, but maybe your deck is already set up for it)

Self-poison Nekker deck seems alright, not sure about those changes to lackey or mutant though.

Give Pirate Cove it's coins back.

could you share your deck? i need to complete the blood money contract too and i dont have clue how to do it (in fact i have with poison, but maybe your deck is already set up for it)
sure, here it is.
There is no synergy whatsoever with Blood Money though :coolstory: Leader ability is just an instant removal here. But SY poison with Nekker works so well it does not depend on leader ability in R3.

deck.png

And if you want synergy, the best I had for Blood Money was with full on bounty deck.

Last edited:
Just went pro with this SY deck: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/guides/332902

No poison, much better than poison tbh and beats other SY poison decks most of the time. There's been a fair number of buffs to the crime archetype over the last 5 patches, that each individually, were minor, but added up together make an A or S-tier deck.
Thank you for sharing. One of the hardest elements of SY is balancing coin generation, spending, and enough non-coin based cards to be consistent. This deck is an instructive illustration of a deck that handles this balancing well.

Reviving this because I posted 2 months ago and the poison archetype has taken over the meta. An infant could have seen this was too strong. Literally toxic.

Reviving this because I posted 2 months ago and the poison archetype has taken over the meta. An infant could have seen this was too strong. Literally toxic.
Never played against poison this season.
Most dominant decks are Skellige - either Sihill-Patricidal or other shenanigans, sometimes Renfri
Second played is Scoiatael, sometimes with Renfri
Third is ex-aequo Nilfgaard Renfri and Northern Realms Knights, sometimes Travelling Priestess

No poison. Nada. I`m usually playing beteween Ranked and 3 levels.

I used to have have a Nil poison deck until they nerfed that. Like that was a problem. Now there are just so many faction decks which accumulate points like crazy. With my Nil deck, I used to be able to remove tall units but no, it had to be nerfed because that was somehow a 'problem'.

SY did not need the ridiculous buffs it received in 10.6. It was performing great without this poison spam nonsense. Syndicate has had some of the most consistent over the top decks in the past 2 years. No idea where the devs are going with this other than trying to implode their own game.
a

I used to have have a Nil poison deck until they nerfed that. Like that was a problem. Now there are just so many faction decks which accumulate points like crazy. With my Nil deck, I used to be able to remove tall units but no, it had to be nerfed because that was somehow a 'problem'.

a

Nerf of FE is still not enough - most broken card of that archetype - candle - is still alive and well. Even failed experiment was not as broken as that is without artifact removals, so the core of problem of that deck is still there. The reason it is not played as often now is only the swich in meta - not many people play tall units now, rather wide play with dmg, a lot of special cards in the meta ( like tactics) , decks like NR knights are not played now almost at all. If candle wond be nerfed or reworked or artifact removal restored, toxic SY decks like GN poisons will be back to meta sooner or later - unfortunatelly

Last edited:
Nerf of FE is still not enough - most broken card of that archetype - candle - is still alive and well. Even failed experiment was not as broken as that is without artifact removals, so the core of problem of that deck is still there. The reason it is not played as often now is only the swich in meta - not many people play tall units now, rather wide play with dmg, a lot of special cards in the meta ( like tactics) , decks like NR knights are not played now almost at all. If candle wond be nerfed or reworked or artifact removal restored, toxic SY decks like GN poisons will be back to meta sooner or later - unfortunatelly
How about Nil's poison mechanic being nerfed (e.g. puffball being able to affect 3 units) but in recent times Syn's ability to poison every unit on the board and then wipe out their opponent's entire board using the poison mechanic, I think, with another card? (I'm thinking of the Salamander card). It's an "I win" play. Explain the logic there, please!

Last edited:
Top Bottom