Syndicate Faction Ambassador Nomination

+
tldr; >>> Trynet123 would get my vote for Syndicate ambassador badge
I'm not sure if this is happening, but I'd just like to give my bid for who I believe should be given the nod for faction ambassador.

I came back after a long hiatus during the Nilfgaard update, and decided to check out some streams to 1. Farm freebies, 2. Get a sense of how the game changed since beta.
There have been a lot of great personalities on twitch. Lot of nice players, lot of skilled players, but my bid for someone who encompasses the whole package would be Trynet123

1. Extremely pleasant: able to interact with skilled players and new players equally. Also, his stream isn't "twitch cancer".
2. Highly skilled: amongst the top of the leaderboard.
3. Innovative: capable of inventing new decks that more or less would be playable versus top meta decks at high mmr.
4. Consistent: his stream schedule is followed closely, and you would never know if he was having a bad day.

Like I said, a lot of great streamers, but for me Trynet would be the best overall choice (as someone looking to learn to get better at the game, but also enjoy a quality stream when doing work late at night). For me, special mention could go to BeardyBog (another educational and chill stream, but maybe not as "corporate" ... which is in no way meant to slight Trynet's channel), but I think he'd be better suited as a Shupe Ambassador.

rrc

Forum veteran
I don't know if Faction Ambassador is even a thing. I followed every Faction Ambassador in Twitch and the only one Ambassador who is regular is SirPumpkn of ST. Shinmiri2 streams every now and then. I haven't seen OceanMud streaming (may be due to time difference and I am never online when he streams; but I haven't seen any YT or guide or anything from him). McBeard was kind of regular and now he is in vacation I think. But he hosts podcasts and is enthusiastic about Gwent. I haven't seen Jaggerous (sorry for the terrible typo) playing Gwent at all. Even when she streams, it is always about other games and never about Gwent. Never seen any video or tweets or guide or anything from her.

Also, Faction Ambassadors were chosen apparently by people who loved those faction and supported it for a long time. How can you appoint a FA for a faction which hasn't even been released? The only criteria to choose someone should be that, that someone is passionate about game and has been with Gwent through thick and thin. If that is the criteria, CDPR should FA from streamers who are regular, passionate, friendly and loved by the community.

I haven't seen Trynet123's streams (due to time conflict). I have seen Spyro and Corzyr and both are very friendly and nice people. Lets see who CDPR chooses.

Trynet streams late NA hours, early European hours (so not ideal for people with regular day schedules in EU).
Spyro and Crozyr both good choices too.

Ocean Mud is very regular in NA afternoon hours (understandably given he's west coast). Entertaining stream too, and he sticks with his monsters class mostly (doing stuff like weather eredin if he's trying to mix it up and getting decent success).
I have never seen Jaggerous either; I think ambassador status should be fluid -- either rotate it for everyone, or if someone is inactive, politely pass it on. Nothing wrong with "Skellige '19 Ambassador", perhaps Shinmiri can be the "Northern Realms '20 Ambassador" then. Give them a special portrait for their selection.. maybe.

I thought the faction ambassadors were there to help create the sarted decks.
If there is no starter deck for Syndicate (only a leader), then would that make sense?

Another thing would be to redefine what the faction ambassadors are for, which could also make sense (i.e., streamers that promote a faction to help all of them get played, also to help developers with improvement suggestions, etc.)

Top Bottom