Syndicate Question

+
After resisting the faction for a long time, I finally broke down and tried playing Syndicate, and found it more fun than I expected — even though I am still missing most of the gold cards.

But so far, every deck I try seems to work best with the hidden cache leader ability — even when I run almost no cards with hoard abilities. My firesworn deck runs better with cache than with congregate, my intimidate deck works better with cache than with lined pockets, tribute decks don’t work with my cards regardless of leader, my pirates deck runs better with Skellige, and even my “coin-free” decks run better with cache because cache allows me to add in Peaches.

So my question is: is Cache just that much stronger than other SY leaders, does my lack of certain cards (such as Imke) impede other leaders disproportionately, or am I still not handling the SY economy well?

After resisting the faction for a long time, I finally broke down and tried playing Syndicate, and found it more fun than I expected — even though I am still missing most of the gold cards.

But so far, every deck I try seems to work best with the hidden cache leader ability — even when I run almost no cards with hoard abilities. My firesworn deck runs better with cache than with congregate, my intimidate deck works better with cache than with lined pockets, tribute decks don’t work with my cards regardless of leader, my pirates deck runs better with Skellige, and even my “coin-free” decks run better with cache because cache allows me to add in Peaches.

So my question is: is Cache just that much stronger than other SY leaders, does my lack of certain cards (such as Imke) impede other leaders disproportionately, or am I still not handling the SY economy well?

Yes it is and it's easier to manage. Congregate comes second.

In most cases, yes. Definitely not for Fireswarm though - no matter if you play the taller devotion version or the wider group buff version, Congregate is just key for certain combos and provides the right flexibility the deck needs (which is not coins, but tokens).
Jackpot is useful once you get better with Syndicate overall - it can easily replace Cache for Passiflora decks and can carry meme decks like the recent Salamander exodia-poison deck :)

The rest - not so much.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hidden cache its really good, and easy to use, works with pretty much all SY archetypes, some of the best cards SY has synergize well with Cache (Peaches, Sea Jackal, Redanian Ship, Saul, Herst, Passiflora, etc.)

If you're running too many of these cards on decks with other abilities, that's why you're finding them harder to use, Cache is SY's "easy mode".

Top Bottom