System requirements for Cyberpunk 2077 - UPDATE!

+
So after playing the first 30-40 hours of my playthrough with raytraced lighting turned off (due to using GeForce Experience's optimized settings) without any crashes, I decided to enable raytraced lighting to see what impact it would have on my framerate.

I was ecstatic that with raytraced lighting set to medium the impact was minimal. However, I immediately started getting random display driver crashes. After some troubleshooting such as turning off GOG's in-game overlay, verifying game files and re-installing the game, I was still getting black screens requiring a hard reboot.

With a lot of trepidation, I finally bit the bullet and turned off RTX again and the crashing stopped. At least with my hardware (EVGA RTX 2080 TI Black Edition) the game is very unstable with raytraced lighting enabled.

Due to the fact that was a major feature used to market the game, this is very disappointing.
Post automatically merged:

have ultrawide ratios been confirmed as suppported? apologies if this has been answered.

Confirmed. I play at my native 3440x1440 (21:9).

I honestly think this game was meant to be played on the Nvidia 3000 series. I played on a 2000 series card then played on a 3000 series card and WOW. It's truly amazing. My mind is blown even though this is my third playthrough. Ray tracing is is INCREDIBLE. The game is very demanding in terms of graphics card.. but I heard Witcher 3 would melt cards back in the day. Although I wish more people can experience it in such a way, I do appreciate CDPR pushing the graphical limit and making a beautiful game. It always sucks when a game gets held back because of last gen.

Does anyone have any Raytracing specs on newer model AMD cards? I know they aren't listed in the specs here, but I know they support Ray tracing. Admittedly not the same degree since the game is optimized for Nvidia and all, but does it actually function or is it literally Nvidia hardware only?

So after playing the first 30-40 hours of my playthrough with raytraced lighting turned off (due to using GeForce Experience's optimized settings) without any crashes, I decided to enable raytraced lighting to see what impact it would have on my framerate.

I was ecstatic that with raytraced lighting set to medium the impact was minimal. However, I immediately started getting random display driver crashes. After some troubleshooting such as turning off GOG's in-game overlay, verifying game files and re-installing the game, I was still getting black screens requiring a hard reboot.

With a lot of trepidation, I finally bit the bullet and turned off RTX again and the crashing stopped. At least with my hardware (EVGA RTX 2080 TI Black Edition) the game is very unstable with raytraced lighting enabled.

Due to the fact that was a major feature used to market the game, this is very disappointing.
Post automatically merged:

Confirmed. I play at my native 3440x1440 (21:9).

I have been saying for over two months now that I have had no major bugs nor crashing and had a smooth playthru BECAUSE I am using win 7 (so direct x 11 only ) with a geforce 970 card with settings all set to med and high but no RTX, thus sidestepping the GPU getting kicked in the nuts...

All the youtube guys with all their horrible bugs I am betting were using high end PC (and max graphic settings ) to play the game. :shrug:

Last edited:
Does anyone have any Raytracing specs on newer model AMD cards? I know they aren't listed in the specs here, but I know they support Ray tracing. Admittedly not the same degree since the game is optimized for Nvidia and all, but does it actually function or is it literally Nvidia hardware only?
iirc the RayTracing option in the settings menu is greyed-out when using amd cards.
Maybe there's a workaround but don't expect good performance.
For RayTracing Without DLSS you would still need a 3080 for 60FP at 1080p, ultra settings.

iirc the RayTracing option in the settings menu is greyed-out when using amd cards.
Maybe there's a workaround but don't expect good performance.
For RayTracing Without DLSS you would still need a 3080 for 60FP at 1080p, ultra settings.
Well, right now my budget would either tend me towards a 2060/80 or the new release 'low end' version of AMD's card on price point with my planned new build. I don't expect or need max and ultra anything. I just wanna see some of the actual glow and have that fuck ass dapple texture on everything do something for me. Bugs me even when playing Control, it's just less obvious in a 3PS

Honestly I'd go for something cheap and skip Raytracing for now. Prices are just too extreme on RTX cards. Nowhere near the msrp. If you can manage to get your hands on a new AMD card for a good price, or a used RTX in a good shape, that would be a good option too. But I personally don't recommend enabling Raytracing in Cyberpunk2077 for anything lower than a 3080.

Oh yeah the RTX 2060 is far from being enough to actually use Ray Tracing... DLSS is pretty cool tho. I have a 1080p screen but when you use auto DLSS with 1440p resolution, it makes the borders on everything smoother (especially hair) without losing image quality elsewhere.

RTX + DLSS would be okay, if TAA was tuned for 1080p/1440p correctly. But it works well only for 4k, extremely corrupting the image on lower resolutions.

I can recommend to forget about RTX, turn off SSR, set the main performance hitters on medium and play 4k + DLSS Performance (advice for 2070/3060 cards). The crisp image looks much better than RTX-enhanced 1080p blurfest, despite the same initial resolution.

And yeah, it's a shame that I have to use most of my GPU resource for upscale-downscale fiddling. I'd really appreciate more community attention towards the TAA and the game render.

Last edited:
Well, guess I'll just be trying for that new AMD card still then if the Raytracing isn't worth it or even works all that well on anything below 4k. My desktop monitor is only 1600x900 and a monitor is not in my build budget. 1600x900 Works just fine for me and lets me super sample once I have better spec gear. Just means I'll be refreshing every Monday on AMD's site.

I think you should be totally fine with a Ryzen 5 3600x or 5600x and a Radeon 5700xt, if 60/70 FPS is enough for you.
I'm playing it right now on a 1650Ti with an intel 8800 laptop running with 16 gigs of RAM and down scaling to 1600x900. I'm looking do more than just run this game as best I can. I'm happy as long as I can get a consistent frame rate. Could be anywhere between 30-60 More than 60 on FPS's and things start to feel really weird. I'm not a stickler for major graphics. I was just hoping that a card I can actually get direct from manufacturer could still allow ray tracing. Whatever texture/bump mapping that's everywhere bugs the crap out of me, and I wanna see that cyberpunk glow. But, if I'm only gonna get that with a 300 series Fuck that noise. 600 bucks for a card is pretty much my max limit and I ain't getting that with a Nvidia.

I am playing on Ryzen 7 3700x , 32GB of Ram & RX6800 Radeon, 1080P

Strangely enough one of my mates has exactly the same config and us having the same settings he is having aroun 25FPS more on GTX 3070 with DLSS on quality settings

I have tried all of the RTX settings on my rig including latest AMD drivers and no RTX on gives me 90FPS on 1080P, with RTX enabled including all settings I have between 40-50FPS

Still suspect that RTX is not that well optimized with AMD cards in the game

Beside tha above the game is amazing

I am playing on Ryzen 7 3700x , 32GB of Ram & RX6800 Radeon, 1080P

Strangely enough one of my mates has exactly the same config and us having the same settings he is having aroun 25FPS more on GTX 3070 with DLSS on quality settings

I have tried all of the RTX settings on my rig including latest AMD drivers and no RTX on gives me 90FPS on 1080P, with RTX enabled including all settings I have between 40-50FPS

Still suspect that RTX is not that well optimized with AMD cards in the game

Beside tha above the game is amazing
Honestly, 40-50 FPS is nothing to sneeze at if it's not the best optimized, but you're getting a better FPS than your friend with Nvidia! So, I'd say that says something about the reason that they 'turned on' the AMD ray tracing and where the original optimization was. But, this is coming from someone that's lived on budget computers and mostly played on consoles for most of their life. So running anywhere between 30-60 FPS has been my life, and frankly as long as my frame rate isn't choppy/frame smoothing is doing it's job. Then I'm happy. Running on my laptop rig currently I can run a persistent 45 FPS with dips down to 40 occasionally and I'm a happy guy.

DC9V

Forum veteran
A Patch for Agesa 1.2 is now available within BIOS updates from several vendors, fixing issues with USB connectivity, including audio crackling.

Some are available as beta version "1.2.0.1 Patch A". It will be followed by "1.2.0.2" later this month.
Check your motherboard vendor's website for available updates.

AMD's official statement on its new updated AGESA:

We would like to thank the community here on r/AMD for its assistance with logs and reports as we investigated the intermittent USB connectivity you highlighted. With your help, we believe we have isolated the root cause and developed a solution that addresses a range of reported symptoms, including (but not limited to): USB port dropout, USB 2.0 audio crackling (e.g. DAC/AMP combos), and USB/PCIe Gen 4 exclusion.
AMD has prepared AGESA 1.2.0.2 to deploy this update, and we plan to distribute 1.2.0.2 to our motherboard partners for integration in about a week. Customers can expect downloadable BIOSes containing AGESA 1.2.0.2 to begin with beta updates in early April. The exact update schedule for your system will depend on the test and implementation schedule for your vendor and specific motherboard model. If you continue to experience intermittent USB connectivity issues after updating your system to AGESA 1.2.0.2, we encourage you to download the standalone AMD Bug Report Tool and open a ticket with AMD Customer Support.

DC9V

Forum veteran
[Wasn't sure where to post this]
The RTX 3090 won't change much, it's more of a card made for creators and streamer, not gaming entirely.
Streamers and content creators might benefit from the performance too, but I'd like to point out that the rtx 3090 has mainly been advertised for 8K gaming. If you're streaming at a lower resolution like 1440p or even lower, which most streamers do, then having a 3080 or a 3090 doesn't really matter. At that point the CPU may become equally important, if not more important.
Hell most games run at under average 5% FPS difference with a 3080.
I assume that's because many games have been developed for 12GB VRAM max, and nobody thought people would buy such overpriced GPUs. According to Steam, the 3090 has sold more units than AMD's entire 6000 series line up. (Apparently.)
Since the 3090 has become so popular, the 3080 ti now comes even closer to the 3090 in performance.
Again, I think this is because games just don't make proper use of the VRAM.

I assume that's because many games have been developed for 12GB VRAM max, and nobody thought people would buy such overpriced GPUs. According to Steam, the 3090 has sold more units than AMD's entire 6000 series line up. (Apparently.)
Since the 3090 has become so popular, the 3080 ti now comes even closer to the 3090 in performance.
Again, I think this is because games just don't make proper use of the VRAM.
True, i rarely see more then 10-12 gb of vram get used. In games that use shader cache i notice a big improvment in preformance/streaming of assets (like COD coldwar)

Top Bottom