T-Bug Really... ? (Spoilers)

+
One question. . . . What happened to Oleg Darkvich?
We don't know but my guesses, either Dex has reserved the same fate for him as V, either Goro took care of him before "taking care" of Dex.
One thing is certain, it was that he was not included in the escape plan of Dex (who had reserved only one place)
In my opinion, anyway, it ended "badly" for him as for every one who were involved in the Heist :)

Last edited:
We don't know but my guesses, either Dex has reserved the same fate for him as V, either Goro took care of him before "taking care" of Dex.
One thing is certain, it was that he was not included in the escape plan of Dex (who had reserved only one place)
In my opinion, anyway, it ended "badly" for him as for every one who were involved in the Heist :)

That's my point! There are a bunch of weird cliff-hangers in the game that can be better expanded upon than the stuff that was actually addressed in-game. It would be interesting to know how he got killed if he did. The game did a good job of introducing characters that ended up not mattering later in main story of the story. Here's something to think about. The dude that caused Jackie and V to meet in the Street lifepath was addressed, the 6th Street guy that insulted Padre got addressed, T-Bug got addressed, but Oleg?! WTH?! I can imagine that Goro killed him to get to Dex, but it would have been a cool closure to find out his outcome.

The truth is, even Takemura could be alive, somehow. Maybe they kidnapped him during the attack of the year!

Well, there a few netrunners you have to reconnect Gigs.
I imagined in the finish product, T bug was with Dexter Shawn. She was relaying the events as they unfold.
Upon hearing Saburo was killed, he freaked out, he killed T-bug as a lose end, simply unjacked her right there and then.
Fled to the No-tel Motel to wait for V.
He might have even killed Oleg when they dumped V body, he was a loose end. or Takamura as suggested
Takamura kills Dexter... story arc continues

I wish they'd make the Netrunner lady who tells you about T-Bug into a quest.

"Go find T-Bug's body."

You do so, find her corpse, and then take it to be transported for burial. Maybe have V have a moment to talk to himself about it.

I wish they'd make the Netrunner lady who tells you about T-Bug into a quest.

"Go find T-Bug's body."

You do so, find her corpse, and then take it to be transported for burial. Maybe have V have a moment to talk to himself about it.
That would have been nice. Jackie gets a send-off, so why not T-bug? She helped the boys escape the hotel, so she deserved something.

Another thing to think about. In one of the endings you get to "talk" with few soul-killed characters stored on Mikoshi. There's never any sign of T-bug in there.

Another thing to think about. In one of the endings you get to "talk" with few soul-killed characters stored on Mikoshi. There's never any sign of T-bug in there.
She wasn't fried while in cyberspace though. She got fried while IRL. You can go to her apartment and find her body in a tub.

This is what the lore of cyberpunk TTRPG looks like. There are concrete facts but also rumors, legends, point of view of the media (which media, owned by which corporation?)..., so it invites us to speculate and not take things for granted, as we should in the real world.
My hypothesis is Dexter was working for Yorinobu all along and T-bug was in on it. First, the trailer is actually a pretty big deal. It means that at some point CDPR considered that plot, whatever changes might have happened between 2019 and launch (maybe back then this was but one branch of possibilities (Jackie dying,...) but then some stuff had to be cut short. Anyway they thought out this plot (Dexter and T-bug together betraying V) and all the implications of such.
Another important clue is that if you wear the eye mod that tags enemies that detected you in kompeki you see that Smasher detects you, as he is looking straight at V. So Smasher and probably Yorinobu know we're there to snatch the relic. What I think happened is that Yorinobu knew his father wouldn't just let Yori take the relic away so he plotted the heist just to get it back unofficially. Then he just loses it and ends up killing his father on the spot.
I believe T-bug told Dexter that V and Jackie are proficient in what they do (V especially, she doesn't really jive with Jackie but he comes with the duo and they end up working well together) AND they are still without a reputation or big affiliations, making them suckers in terms of reputation and desperate to get into the afterlife, but resourceful for the job nonetheless.
Now, with Saburo dead it wouldn't make much difference if V and Jackie make it out of Kompeki, as long as someone from Yorinobu's party gets to the bodies and snatches the relic back.
As far as Dexter and T-bug are concerned, maybe none of them knew they were working for Yorinobu, Dexter didn't, seeing as he kills V and leaves the relic inside. T-bug might have been the one to actually land the job on Dexter, having been contacted by Yorinobu herself. If that's the case, she might have thought things were getting crazy after Saburo's death and left the mission early.
Goro was the wild card in all of this, faithful to Saburo.

It's possible that she survived and did end up burning all bridges.
But when you visit the netrunner shop on Kabuki roundabout, you have an option to talk to her about T-Bug's death [after the heist]. She explains how painful T-Bug's death was. Now we won't really know for sure but I'd like to think she's alive and chilling, but still it wouldn't make sense to ditch the heist without getting paid and leaving V and Jackie to certain death.
They really needed to explore more on Jackie and T-Bug's character to be honest.

Go back in act 2 to the vender where you got your free "ping" daemon in act 1, and she will tell you they found T-Bug dead in her pad, fried like anyone who goes after Arasaka
Vender, "Do you know what that is like?"
Valerie, "I can't say I can"
Vender, "It is like a thousand knives stabbing you at the same time. Poor girl, I liked her too."

Maybe the whole play was getting Yorinobu to move the prototype out of an Arasaka lab so the op could be carried out to both steal the relic and kill Saburo.

I still think Yorinobu was expecting Saburo to show up and both him and Smasher knew someone would be in the room so they could pin the murder on someone else other than Yorinobu himself...

Maybe the whole play was getting Yorinobu to move the prototype out of an Arasaka lab so the op could be carried out to both steal the relic and kill Saburo.

I still think Yorinobu was expecting Saburo to show up and both him and Smasher knew someone would be in the room so they could pin the murder on someone else other than Yorinobu himself...
I would say Saburo being there on the day of the heist was not antecipated. If Yorinobu wanted Saburo dead anyway why bother with taking the relic first and plan a heist on it? He would just inherit it along with the rest of Arasaka.
Plus he could find other ways of hiring someone to do it instead, I think.
But you agree that Yorinobu might have been behind the heist setup?

Unfortunately, she was not that important. She didn't even have a character bio at launch.

Top Bottom