Tactical Decision + Snowdrop Combo is too much points?

+
Tactical Decision + Snowdrop + Affan, + 2 Mage Assasins is 7 + 12 + 5 + 4 + 4 = 32 points bomb (and 3 thinning)!
WHAT THE HELL????

Put this into ANY Nilfgaard deck and BAM you got a strong playable deck that has a guarantee of winning 1 round (to win another round you will actually have to use other golds then Snowdrop lol). That's it, THAT ONE COMBO guarantees you winning a round since it's THIRTY TWO POINTS + 3 THINNING! IN 1 TURN.

Why? WHY DOES THIS EXIST?
Eist + Blaze of Glory into Jutta is usually 4 + 24 = 28 points (+ more if you get bloodthirst ofc...). AND EIST IS A 12 PROVISION CARD! And that's IF you have a 12 power unit to remove, if not then it plays for less points, and it also thins by 1, not by THREE.
I am not saying this with the intention of saying that Eist + BoG is weak lol, NO, iT ISN'T WEAK, IT'S PRETTY DAMN STRONG.
- I am just using it as comparison to show that Snowdrop + TD is too strong.

Meanwhile Snowdrop is 8 provisions.

Okay, sure you might say that Affan and Mage Assasins need to be in your hand for all of that to happen... BUT it's pretty damn hard not to have them in hand when Snowdrop + Leader draw you FIVE CARDS!
AND YOU THIN BY 3!

And not like those cards are 100% useless if you don't have them (highly unlikely though), they can still be purged with Dead Man's Tongue or pulled out with Blightmakers (which would then themselves be thinned out by DMT (for a 12 power boost) if you did get your full combo).

Okay, now let's see the other, suboptimal results from TD.

1. No Snowdrop: You still probably will have Affan and 2 mages so then the leader on it's own is still a whopping 20 points + 3 thinning!
Maybe you simply didn't put her in deck, you absolutely don't NEED to, the leader with thinning materials works well on it's own.

2. No Mages and no Snowdrop: Okay, now in this very unlucky situation you'd get 12 instant points + 1 thinning. Which is still not bad for a leader ability, some play for less...

3. You have Mages but no Affan: 7 + 8 = 15 points plus 2 thinning = STILL awesome value for a leader.
Precision Strike from ST can at max play for 11 points + 2 thinning and it's a 14 provision leader (a well balanced one at that, learn from this example).
(Against no-unit ST, PS leader may potentially play for ZERO points if you don't have enemies to hit, but ok, this is an extreme case since no-unit is also an extreme deck which needs nerfing.)

4. You have no thinning mats, only leader = This will never happen, no one is forcing you to play your leader if you are not ready. :]
This is one of the potential problems with SK discard packages though... And they are still playable so not like this very rare situation makes the leader horrible. As I've said before... you have DMT to clean up any bricks left in your deck.

It's almost impossible to bleed out this leader combo (usually comboed with Sunset Wanderers) without going a card down...

Suggestion to fix this:

1. Ok, first of all, give a counter to Snowdrop, so she only boosts from the first 3 draws during EACH turn, this way she can at most grow to 8 power in 1 turn instead of to 12.
2. Since even without Snowdrop this combo is pretty damn powerful, I suggest reducing the provisions from this leader to 14 (down from 15), AND THEN reducing the power on Morvran to 6 (down from 7).

If we were to do it like that, we would reduce the maximum value from the combo, from 32, down to 27 + 3 thinning for 1 more provisions (1 less for you to use in the rest of your deck).

Disclaimer:
Not saying this is currently ISSUE #1 with the game. But, after no-unit ST, SY KoB, SK Onslaught and Alchemy get nerfed (do not try to justify this leader by comparing it to one of these since those are brokenly powerful and so it makes no sense trying to compare to that which is obviously overtunned)... - Then NG's TD leader will be issue #1, sticking out out like a giraffe trying to hide inside a small bush.
After all of the above, just make Griffin Witcher Adept a 5 provision card and the game is in a decent shape lol.

Last edited:
For me everything about blightmakers and mage assasins its to OP.

I know The topic its not about it, but mage assassins are in The topic so i had The say about them.

About The leader and snowdrop i already blamed about that (in a discussion where People were blaming about tunel drill and a sy leader - cant remember If it was jackpot or lined pockets). I said The morvran/snowdrop/affan/mage assasins combo was better than drill and leader

...and then enters real seasonal win ratio data and all that is just pointless whining.

One combo does not make a faction, but can keep it on top, like Eist.
Skellige is the best faction, that has been dominating gameplay for more than a year - as data clearly shows.
It has great versality with pointslam, damage, healing, ressurecting and control. And powerful versalite combos on top of that.

NG is generally weak as an overall faction, and always hangs on one type of combo or luck. Ball was killed, hyperthin or even mill proved to be losing with new power swings. Maybe some luck with assimilate.

So having long months of Cerys abuse, witchers control, druids abuse, triple scenarios, then Eist-win-game combo, and now - armored pirates abuse - is fine, but one strong combo just for one leader is bad ?
jeez....

And if you are data denialist - just stay silent., please.

I agree with everything in the first post.
Unfortunately, it's just one example of bad balancing. We all know that these problems won't be solved.
You have 2 options:
- forfeit instantly when seeing this leader
- quit the game

Compared to Fucusya, this is peanuts. There are heaps of tall removals in the game and 4 provision resets.

On the other hand, NG is annoying always, so I can understand the author's frustration.

Do not see this combo to be problematic. Those cards are there to support an underperforming leader. Snowdrop is a very risky card and does not dominate the meta at all.

What I still do not like is the blightmaker + assasin combo as it offers huge value + deck thinning but I would prefer a small nerf for blightmaker (maybe one less power).

I agree with everything in the first post.
Unfortunately, it's just one example of bad balancing. We all know that these problems won't be solved.
You have 2 options:
- forfeit instantly when seeing this leader
- quit the game
What do you do if you meet one of the actual real strong topnotch metadecks?

The combo is really strong, one of the strongest for sure. But not alone there. If you have the full 4 card combo in hand + leader its 32 ponts all conditions met
Eist + BoG: up to 39 all conditions met
Dead Eye Ambush: Leader + Eleyas + Aeliren 23 points
Shieldwall + Anseis is 7+14 dmg with only one leader charge

yes the pointslam is huge but as EduFerraz already metioned the "unfair" card here is the mage assassin, wich is just to cheap.

Top Bottom