Tagging broken on pc

+

Can you tag in combat tutorial?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
WARNING if you're on mouse keyboard and had to rebind tag button to continue. Don't equip the special outfits in inventory. The only way to unequip them is middle mouse button. There is no middle mouse button inventory rebind.

The special outfits lock you in your current gear set until you unequip it so you cant put on new gear.

We should NOT have to go into the system ourselves to fix this issue. This is a problem for the coders to repair, and repair it correctly. At this point, this is more important than some fuzzy graphics bug somewhere a couple hours into the game when you can't even get a simple key to work right out of the box. Very disappointed.

Had the same issue with Logitech MX Master 2S mouse. Looks like Logitech Options for some reason don't use middle mouse click directly, but somehow emulate it. Same reason why people that have disabilities can't play the game as they use some software for input emulation.

Anyway, the SOLUTION is to uninstall Logitech Options app.

Cant get past combat tutorial due to not being able to tag.

tried changing keybindings, looks like other people having same problem with controller
Hi,

I had the same issue wheb trying to tag with the middle mluse button. I have changed the key binding to "T", then I have been trying to tag the enemies and moving around, but did not work. Then I tried to tag the guy sitting closer to you on the left, and for some reason it worked.

So in my experience so far with tagging, sometimes just a press of the mmbwon't tag them, but BUT press and hold mmband the tag will work

Have same issue, checked again after patch no change. Tagging not working. Remapped to different keys on keyboard and different buttons on mouse, no effect. Still cannot tag. Mouse is a Corsair Nightsword.

Also had issue using Logitech Master MX, temporarily plugging my old mouse just to use its middle button has worked for me. No uninstaling anything or killing proceses fortunately.

It works for me:

Go to find your mouse profile XML. Mine was here:

Open the XML with notepad. Mine was "6b023.xml".

Find a line that looks like this:

<fn_controlid rawxy="1" actiongroup7="win8nav2" actiongroup8="win8nav2" rawwheel="0" group="3" groupmask="7" id="0x0052" reprogrammable="true" type="mouse" taskidlist="middleButtonTaskList2" gestureidlist="othersGestureidList" actiongrouplist="win8NavList" actiongroup="virtualdesktop">
<task id="0x003a" class="mouseclick">

Add the 'divert="0"' text to it as so:

Save, restart windows, try, like i said - it works for my logitech mouse!!!
I can verify this worked flawlessly, although my filename was "6b018.xml" (MX Anywhere 2). After a reboot, simply works.

Someone more technically minded that myself. Is there cross similarity between my Corsair mouse and the Logitech? Should I attempt the above fix or continue waiting to see if CDPR notices us?

Someone more technically minded that myself. Is there cross similarity between my Corsair mouse and the Logitech? Should I attempt the above fix or continue waiting to see if CDPR notices us?
If you can find the corresponding file and text within it, sure, why not try? But make *absolutely sure* you back up the original file first!

People....I have made this mistake. I thought tagging would lighten up the enemies or something, but all it does when you press, the middle mouse button, AND THAT IS NOT the clicking the scrollwheel, but the button beneath it, you see two little yellow triangles appear left and right above the head of the guards. That's all, tag them all 4 this way and you are fine!
Happy Gaming Brothers!

Simple solution:

Load autosave and skip the Stealth tutorial. The Stealth tutorial isn't necessary to advance (in my version of PC game).

Auto-Save-3

ezpz chill

Cant get past combat tutorial due to not being able to tag.

tried changing keybindings, looks like other people having same problem with controller
I noticed in keybindings that I couldnt assign it to middle mouse button. I assigned it to V and it worked.

Top Bottom