Tailbot Wins - Pure RNG

+
Tailbot Wins - Pure RNG

Yeah, so the final game of the Challenger match Tailbot pulls a Nekurat with Black Blood and basically wins the game because of it.

Pure RNG.

Meanwhile poor Freddybabes gets screwed by a broken mulligan system (yes, the bug still exists) and despite having a better gameplan and actually drawing better cards, still loses because a guy playing Alchemy Nilfgaard can draw Nekurat through the lovely (read absolute trash) "Create" mechanic.

Incredibly disappointing way for it to go down.

Looks like as well as not playing GWENT for the next 6 months I won't be watching GWENT either.

Complete travesty that pure RNG (i.e. not draw/mulligan RNG) should decide a tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be frank, all matches that i saw RNG played a big role except by some matches yesterday that one of the players made some missplays imo.

But i liked the deck choices of the winner, tailbot i think it was his name? I always wonder why people dont use more ballista on henselt, its a really strong card against swarm. He also played very well and didnt made any missplays that i got aware, so i think it was a well deserved victory in the end, even though the rng is clearly having a bigger impact on the overall flow of the game.

To be fair Freddy also had few lucky "Creates" like Doppler (or Scout idk) into archer who killed the Harald's skull which spawns a Bear. So what have we learned during the Gwent Challenger so far?
  • Mulligan issue is fixed
  • Create is fine
  • Henselt is absolutely not overpowered and did not win almost all his matchups

Did someone played eithné on the tournament? Didnt saw any. A pity since is probably the strongest deck against engine out there and there was an awful lot of consume played.

Yeah Cmel, but with swordmaster+dwarfs very crapy deck, you cant run swordmasters without Aguara...

Tailbot deserved victory because he blows scumatel swarm.

Ps.Cdpr is to blame Braindead Create has to die! Muligan not fixed !
:mean:

Tailbot would have always won this tournament, everyone's victories and losses were through the help of Create. It may sour your enjoyment of the tournament overall like it did mine but that doesn't mean players were undeserving, everyone high rolled and low rolled this tournament. The tournament was stupid but Freddy thinking he could win a tournament netdecking the most popular deck in Ranked and Tailbot targeting it is why he won.

the winner was RNG Jesus !!

- bronze inflation
- braindead deck
- mulligan bug
- university level costume play, etc.

- unfinished game,
however charter a world heritage and do a meeting (reckless action, waste of the money)
great work CDPR, it was splendid official negative campaign !!
:cheers:

Last edited:
The other day, i saw a, now famous, video from Merchant, sharing his thoughts about Homecoming.

In it, he said that the events of Gwent, Challengers and whatnot, were outstanding, and even though he didnt play much anymore, he was looking forward to watching them. I think that most of us would agree on that. The events from gwent were fun to watch, thrilling.

It turns out that the events were good, of course, but the reason they were good was because the game, with flaws, was great. It turns out that, when the game is no longer great, the events are "meh".

sigh.

Sariel_;n10893491 said:
To be fair Freddy also had few lucky "Creates" like Doppler (or Scout idk) into archer who killed the Harald's skull which spawns a Bear. So what have we learned during the Gwent Challenger so far?
  • Mulligan issue is fixed
  • Create is fine
  • Henselt is absolutely not overpowered and did not win almost all his matchups

Create is NOT fine. Stop saying that. There is WIDESPREAD outrage at how bad the mechanic is with top streamers (Mogwai, Merchant, Swim) admitting now that it is a pure garbage mechanic. Hell, it's even getting "fixed" (hopefully removed from Ranked play altogether) in the May patch and probably looked at for Homecoming as well.

So stop being a naive appeaser. Create is objectively not fine. This isn't a matter of opinion.

Better waste your time on balance and game development next time, rather than on tournament in broken unfinished game without any patches for 4th months :facepalm:

Last edited:
CallMeHoot;n10895131 said:
Create is NOT fine. Stop saying that. There is WIDESPREAD outrage at how bad the mechanic is with top streamers (Mogwai, Merchant, Swim) admitting now that it is a pure garbage mechanic. Hell, it's even getting "fixed" (hopefully removed from Ranked play altogether) in the May patch and probably looked at for Homecoming as well.

So stop being a naive appeaser. Create is objectively not fine. This isn't a matter of opinion.

Man, all those 3 points are irony

Sariel_;n10895891 said:
Man, all those 3 points are irony

All three? thats quite funny because Mulligan actually seems to work fine (yea, i know, everyone who has no knowledgle about statistics/probability will say otherwise) and Henselt didn't win all his matchups at all. If you think Henlselt is so strong then go play ladder with it and take top spot. I can tell you that last seasn there were VERY few Helselt decks in top100

Mulligan is a disaster, if i get roach in round 2 its 100% to drop again in round 3
:eredinfacepalm:

Last edited:
If you dont want randomness in game, just dont play card games. I even agree that create should be reworked and at last bronze create should be removed, but i am more tired of this whining then a create mechanism. Also I don't know why you say mulligan is broken. Did you done some statistics data and calculations

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a general reminder to people not to assume their opinions are superior to others' opinions. All opinions are welcome, and all opinions are to be respected. Please, keep the conversation constructive and friendly.

CallMeHoot;n10895131 said:

He was being sarcastic :)

Evald;n10898151 said:
If you dont want randomness in game, just dont play card games. I even agree that create should be reworked and at last bronze create should be removed, but i am more tired of this whining then a create mechanism. Also I don't know why you say mulligan is broken. Did you done some statistics data and calculations

You can call it whining but a lot of people are frustrated and I think it deserves to be brought up as often as possible until we see how CDPR is going to address it.

No one is asking for randomness to be completely eliminated, but Create is different.

Evald;n10898151 said:

Isn't randomness in card draw / mulligan is enough? You are asking other not to play card games but why just you don't stop reading other whining comments if you are so tires about it LoL :D

Mulligan is broken indeed as I too draw the same card again & again which I mulligan previously, I mean even if its designed like that then what's the use of mulligan?
If you think if mulligan is not broken then why don't you run some statistics data and calculation & prove that it's not broken?

Last edited:
Top Bottom