jobs Support Register

Tailbot Wins - Pure RNG

+

Sheva007

Junior Member
#61
klaymen;n10915244 said:
Well, I don't think it was a problem. Staarcraft 2 was intended as an e-sports game from the beginning and it was fine. However when we ignore the inherent RNG in the games, SC2 stayed the same, but Gwent has developed a strong case of Hearthstonitis (especially when it was propagated as a "skill beats luck" game). It is as if in SC2 the devs added a chance to hit for all attacks and abilities.
I wouldnt say SCII was "fine" in any way, shape or form, honestly. SCII is probably the worst game blizzard has ever done, and the e-sport scene of the game was a massive flop, and is pretty much dead and buried by now.

nowadays Gwent has more viewers in twitch than SCII, Nuff said.
 

Esmer

Junior Member
#62
Pruny;n10915322 said:
Weather is not very good when elven scout can clear it.
Maybe you run axemen? i havent use them since frost was damaging all units :)
And i wont change my swordmaster deck just to counter braindead elfswarm, i am more happy destroying henselt and harald.
I played Henselt and Bran with ships+cursed on higher ranks. Axemen deck is too draw dependent, so I had fun with it on lower ranks where you can still win even without drawing weather.
Btw, Henselt with Seltkirk and reinforced ballistas is pretty good against greatswords. My stats against GS are 10 wins 2 losses. The matches were at 4k+ MMR.

Sheva007;n10915391 said:
I wouldnt say SCII was "fine" in any way, shape or form, honestly. SCII is probably the worst game blizzard has ever done
Nope, there's also HotS and arguably D3.
 

CallMeHoot

User
#63
Sheva007;n10915391 said:
I wouldnt say SCII was "fine" in any way, shape or form, honestly. SCII is probably the worst game blizzard has ever done, and the e-sport scene of the game was a massive flop, and is pretty much dead and buried by now.

nowadays Gwent has more viewers in twitch than SCII, Nuff said.
Except that everything you've just said is completely untrue. Just because you may not like it, doesn't mean it's bad or dead.

The game is actually very well balanced. I play it. The pro scene for SC2 is also very much alive and well with the GSL, WSC as well as IEM hosting many SC2 tournaments for handsome prize pools. The fact that it is 1v1 focused and reliant heavily on mechanical skill and knowledge of the meta-game doesn't translate easily into widespread popularity like Dota 2 does. SC2 was also ahead of the eSports bloom, if it had caught that wave things might have been different but it's just what the game is that keeps it from widespread coverage, as I've said.

Twitch popularity isn't the be all and end all of a game, even an eSport. Even so, your comment about Twitch numbers is a complete fabrication as well. As of writing GWENT currently has ~1800 viewers, SC2 is sitting at ~6000.

However, this isn't the SC2 forum so let's stick with talking about GWENT :)
 
Last edited:

Sheva007

Junior Member
#64
CallMeHoot;n10915502 said:
Except that everything you've just said is completely untrue. Just because you may not like it, doesn't mean it's bad or dead.

The game is actually very well balanced. I play it. The pro scene for SC2 is also very much alive and well with the GSL, WSC as well as IEM hosting many SC2 tournaments for handsome prize pools. The fact that it is 1v1 focused and reliant heavily on mechanical skill and knowledge of the meta-game doesn't translate easily into widespread popularity like Dota 2 does. SC2 was also ahead of the eSports bloom, if it had caught that wave things might have been different but it's just what the game is that keeps it from widespread coverage, as I've said.

Twitch popularity isn't the be all and end all of a game, even an eSport. Even so, your comment about Twitch numbers is a complete fabrication as well. As of writing GWENT currently has ~1800 viewers, SC2 is sitting at ~6000.

However, this isn't the SC2 forum so let's stick with talking about GWENT :)
What is untrue? That Gwent has more viewers? True, Gwent is even worse.

All my other points stand. SCII was a game specially made and designed with the competitive scene and the e-sports in mind, and it flopped.

And í dont care if you like it or not, if you play it or not , thats purely subjective, the fact is that twitch is a clear indicator of the interest people has in a game, and SCII is nowhere near the top. Is not even in the top 20.

Look what a massive success it was, that blizzard had to make it F2P in order to try and revitalize the game.



 

giorno

Junior Member
#66
is the thread which is inconvenient for CDPR deletion?
wow, it's a splendid work.
 

CallMeHoot

User
#67
Sheva007;n10915547 said:
What is untrue? That Gwent has more viewers? True, Gwent is even worse.

All my other points stand. SCII was a game specially made and designed with the competitive scene and the e-sports in mind, and it flopped.

And í dont care if you like it or not, if you play it or not , thats purely subjective, the fact is that twitch is a clear indicator of the interest people has in a game, and SCII is nowhere near the top. Is not even in the top 20.

Look what a massive success it was, that blizzard had to make it F2P in order to try and revitalize the game.
And again you haven't researched your facts very well at all. A cursory look at Twitch shows SC2 standing, as of writing, with 17k viewers and the 10th most popular game being viewed on Twitch right now. In addition, that you are making wild, sweeping comments about the balance of a game you don't play and then telling someone who is an active player (with reasonably high MMR) that it's unbalanced is kind of...well...do I need to say more?

What's subjective is your opinion. It's the nature of an opinion. That you are wrong anyway is irrelevant. And in any event, any game that is the national sport of a country can not objectively be viewed as a flop.

But as the man said, this is getting off topic. If you wanna continue to debate hit me up in PMs or I'll catch you on the flip-side (Bekker's Twisted Mirror Forum).

Peace, bro :)
 
Last edited:

SoSaHer

Junior Member
#68
To stay a bit more on topic. I think most of us agree that we would like to see the game a bit more like chess, instead of roll of the dice like we got now.

But give it some time. The game developers are getting a lot of learning experience making the game, and I personally have quite a bit of faith that they can turn things arround towards a more skill based game.
 

CallMeHoot

User
#69
SoSaHer;n10915751 said:
To stay a bit more on topic. I think most of us agree that we would like to see the game a bit more like chess, instead of roll of the dice like we got now.

But give it some time. The game developers are getting a lot of learning experience making the game, and I personally have quite a bit of faith that they can turn things arround towards a more skill based game.
For sure. I have all the time in the world for CDPR. They bought a lot of my goodwill over the years with GOG.com and The Witcher series.

I'm only so vocal because I really, really liked GWENT. And I wanna continue liking it.