Tailbot Wins - Pure RNG

+
I can understand the difficulty of balancing cards. I also don't mind the Create mechanic per se; RNG can and should be a modest part of the game. This isn't chess after all.

But the Mulligan bug is a travesty. A young child could programmatically resolve this issue with ease.

Evald;n10898151 said:
If you dont want randomness in game, just dont play card games. I even agree that create should be reworked and at last bronze create should be removed, but i am more tired of this whining then a create mechanism

The level of RNG is what is discussed here. Card games have inherent RNG to it, the card draw.

But, do we add more? Originally, GWENT added a bit more of RNG. We had, for example, Reinforced Trebuchet, dealing 1 random damage to the enemy. Or the ghoul, devouring one random criature in the graveyard. Then we had Gaunter O´Dimm. Or the random bronze pulled from your deck with First Light. Lets say it was a "soft" RNG.

Then more and more RNG was added. And eventually, Create came. I dont know what the developers thought, something along the lines of "Well, since the keyword "Discover" worked in HS, surely Create is going to be a blast in GWENT".

Well, there you go, it was not a blast. It was CDPR shooting themselves in the foot, trying to compete with HS. They could aswell go full retard and add a Yog-Saron-like creature that does random stuff, since, hey, it worked in Hearthstone. Then, they could proceed to carefully cancel GWENT.

This "all card games have rng" to justify more useless rng on the game argument have already been debunked so many times that i dont understand how people still bring it up aside from an absurd desire of being publicly shamed or something like that.

"this is not chess, but it can be head or tails! =D"

Personally i didn't watch this tournament and couldn't care less who won and how, but i think you guys are working yourself a bit too hard over it.

I mean what's the difference between a create highroll and a good draw or mulligan RNG? Luck was always a part of this game, not long ago i recall people talking about another tournament where some guy who was playing some consume deck but he lost cause he didn't draw his Neckers, this type of RNG seems worse than create.

Hell, one time, at my 6th consecutive game starting on blue coin (the 7th was blue coin aswell), i thinned my deck to 5 cards, which contained 3 of my golds. If this was to happen in a tournament would it be fine? After experience this type of luck in the game do you think something like create would make a difference?

Iuliandrei;n10899791 said:
Personally i didn't watch this tournament and couldn't care less who won and how, but i think you guys are working yourself a bit too hard over it.

I mean what's the difference between a create highroll and a good draw or mulligan RNG? Luck was always a part of this game, not long ago i recall people talking about another tournament where some guy who was playing some consume deck but he lost cause he didn't draw his Neckers, this type of RNG seems worse than create.

Hell, one time, at my 6th consecutive game starting on blue coin (the 7th was blue coin aswell), i thinned my deck to 5 cards, which contained 3 of my golds. If this was to happen in a tournament would it be fine? After experience this type of luck in the game do you think something like create would make a difference?

One thing is 1 match on 100 to be decided on bad draws.

Another thing is almost all matches on a tounament being decided by draw rng/card innate rng.

Of course, i'm taking those numbers out of my arse. But you know what i'm saying.

Its impossible to watch the first challenger tournament and than watch this one and dont agree that the game is WAY more rng-driven now.

Create bring cards that are not in deckbuilder, like nekurat or abaya in alchemy , or elven scout into dragooon, and henselt winches, its disgusting!

PS. elven scout is the reason i dont play eredin frost anymore, so sick of create weather clears
:rage:

Last edited:
Iuliandrei;n10899791 said:
what's the difference between a create highroll and a good draw or mulligan RNG?

I build a deck with weather clear units...say 2. I lost 2 cards in a match, when there's no weather.
I build a deck without weather clear with Elven Scouts. Weather comes? Voilá: a Vrihedd Brigade... no weather? No problem, I create a Dragoon and buff my units. Nothing lost.

I hope, it's clear what I wanted to say (my English is not so good...)

bojerbela;n10901041 said:
I build a deck with weather clear units...say 2. I lost 2 cards in a match, when there's no weather.
I build a deck without weather clear with Elven Scouts. Weather comes? Voilá: a Vrihedd Brigade... no weather? No problem, I create a Dragoon and buff my units. Nothing lost.

I hope, it's clear what I wanted to say (my English is not so good...)

It's perfectly clear.

Except to cdpr

TrompeLaMort;n10904891 said:
People in this thread do know that CDPR already said create will get reworked this month, right?

I'm sure it will, and I'm almost 100% convinced that it will not be satisfactory.

After they release whatever fix they have and then get told it's garbage by the community again, I'm hoping they do a proper job on it for Homecoming.

homecoming is not solution. This game require weekly small balance fixes to some cards.
Because after homecoming its released Swim will find the most abusable cards fast and all netdeckers will play the same deck another 6months.
If warduncer were fixed after couple of weeks the meta wouldnt be so anoying.

I mean, in general it's not just create, RNG favored Freddy heavily before his matches with Tailbot (he drew Ronvid which he shuffled back in the deck with ADC into Thaler, out of all the cards he could draw) but it also favored Adzikov (highrolling an Auckes out of a create card) and as pointed out, Freddy when he killed Harald's skulls with a created Dol Blathana Archer. Then Tailbot spawned a Nekurat completely disrupting Freddy's gameplan which sucks admittedly. But I can't say either of them deserved the win more than the other. They both had lucky draws and lucky creates. Freddy did not get to play Brouver at all, so we didn't see the effect of TailBot's targeting vs Freddy's unorthodox plays. He got wiped by Henselt and then Alchemy's lucky creates while playing his Consume.

Laveley;n10906981 said:
What? he did.

Really? I don't recall. Even so, the true deciding game for the series was really when he lost to Alchemy with his consume. He needed to beat that so he has as many attempts with Brouver as possible.

TrompeLaMort;n10904891 said:
People in this thread do know that CDPR already said create will get reworked this month, right?

It needs to get removed, not reworked. Reworking stuff since midwinter update (aka bandaids) instead of reverting them, is what forced the Homecoming. And now they tell us they gonna "rework" create...and follow the same foostepts that lead us into this. Forgive me, but OFC i don't believe that anything will get fixed by this patch.

RVG1926;n10913121 said:
It needs to get removed, not reworked. Reworking stuff since midwinter update (aka bandaids) instead of reverting them, is what forced the Homecoming. And now they tell us they gonna "rework" create...and follow the same foostepts that lead us into this. Forgive me, but OFC i don't believe that anything will get fixed by this patch.

Removing works too. I'll vote for that...were it up for a vote.

Top Bottom