Takemura (Minor Spoilers)

+
I missed something, I guess. Why is Takemura my "friend" (not literally, but so to speak) and how does he magically know that V witnessed the Emperor's murder when everyone else thinks he committed the murder?

I mean, I suppose I can presume he tracked down Dex who set the record straight, but why would Takemura believe Dex?

I don't know... if this were a movie, I would say it was over-edited.

Yeah, a lot of the story bits are very badly handled. They skip over key elements that really should have been an important focus.

For all we know, they're planning on making Takemura's missions to find the truth before finding V into DLC.

I have a gut feeling (Aka no source) that both Jackie and Takemura segments were cut content.
The 1 year you spent after you start your life as solo in NC and same for Takemura figuring out what happened with Arasaka.
I still like Jackie and his death still sucks but I think if we had the 1 year with him instead of a timeskip would be much more engaging.

As for Takemura segment, actually show him piecing together the evidence of foul play. It really missed that. I remember I saw an interview where they said they cut content to avoid being too long like TW3. But thats the issue whoever play RPGs of this kind wants to devour each little aspect from story. Sadly this decision done more harm then good.

Makes me wonder how much content got snapped off to appeal the garbage marketing?

Edit: Oh before someone come with the excuse but muuuh work muuh family, man I'm in the same boat have at best 2 hours to play. I'm not a kid full on ADHD that have an anxiety attack if I don't see the ending in 2 minutes.

Glifu

Forum regular
I missed something, I guess. Why is Takemura my "friend" (not literally, but so to speak) and how does he magically know that V witnessed the Emperor's murder when everyone else thinks he committed the murder?

I mean, I suppose I can presume he tracked down Dex who set the record straight, but why would Takemura believe Dex?

I didnt se any plot hole. For me that was obvious that:
DeShawn told V that he chose peacfull life, so he betrayed us to cover his ass and sold V to Arasaka. Thats how Takemura "find us out". And about beeing friends - Takemura wanted to take V to Arasaka, but meanwhile young Arasaka
framed Takemura into murdering Saburo. So V and Takemura ended on the same side.

I agree, I was so confused at first because I thought that he hunted me down so he can find out the truth or something. I didn't find it obvious in any form that he was framed as part of the murder until I myself made the conclusion by the dialogue choices I was given.
Like I don't recall him explaining to me in any way what happened to him. And why were mealstrom gang members trying to hunt us down during that car chase?
Post automatically merged:

I didnt se any plot hole. For me that was obvious that:
DeShawn told V that he chose peacfull life, so he betrayed us to cover his ass and sold V to Arasaka. Thats how Takemura "find us out". And about beeing friends - Takemura wanted to take V to Arasaka, but meanwhile young Arasaka
framed Takemura into murdering Saburo. So V and Takemura ended on the same side.
Yeah you make that conclusion once the game puts you on a quest that makes it obvious. It's not explained how those things went down at all. I didn't understand why V wasn't more confused about the chain of events, especially in his state at the time.

Glifu

Forum regular
Like I don't recall him explaining to me in any way what happened to him. And why were mealstrom gang members trying to hunt us down during that car chase?

Im pretty sure that, those were not mealstrom but Arasaka bots (or my corp. origin helped me with that) but i could understand that confusion.

Yeah you make that conclusion once the game puts you on a quest that makes it obvious
That was my conclusion based only on fragment when we get shot by DeShawn and what he said before he shot us.

But tho, I understand Your point.

Im pretty sure that, those were not mealstrom but Arasaka bots (or my corp. origin helped me with that) but i could understand that confusion.

That was my conclusion based only on fragment when we get shot by DeShawn and what he said before he shot us.

But tho, I understand Your point.
If they were obvious arasaka bots then I've never been intrdouced to them as a street kid. In that case yeah it's easier to put together the pieces.
I personally assumed they were maelstrom who attacked us for whatever reason (that was another confusion of mine) since their design reminded me mostly of that gang. And that Takemura simply wanted to take me back to HQ alive. But after the attack he had to visit Vic to keep me alive for information. Only then later at the dinner I figured that he must be on the run then too. Never explained clearly tho that he was framed.

I was really confused by Takemura's about-face too. There was definitely no reason given why he suddenly didn't want V dead or believed that there was anything amiss about the murder.

But... Given that this game had already started to feel largely rushed and unfinished/unpolished with no NPC reactions, I just ignored it. I no longer expect that anything really matters in the game.

It's explained in the game. Takemura put 2 and 2 together after he informed Yorinobu he had found V at the scrapyard, and then elite Arasaka agents attempted to kill him and V on their way to HQ.

Wouldn't you find it a bit odd that after you just told your new boss you found the guy that killed Saburo, a bunch of Arasaka agents on bikes tried to murder you and the bounty? Even if the agents didn't have "Arasaka agents" written on their foreheads, you could easily figure it out based on the outfits, the bikes, and the military grade Mantis blades. These aren't your typical scavs.

Last edited:
I was really confused by Takemura's about-face too. There was definitely no reason given why he suddenly didn't want V dead or believed that there was anything amiss about the murder.

No reason, except for Takemura clearly not being convinced by Yorinobu's explanation back at the penthouse and the assassins that came for him the moment he informed Yorinobu he found Saburo's killer alive.

The motivation for his cooperation with V is as clear as day to anyone who paid a modicum of attention to what was happening in the game.

It's explained in the game. Takemura put 2 and 2 together after he informed Yorinobu he had found V at the scrapyard, and then elite Arasaka agents attempted to kill him and V on their way to HQ.

Wouldn't you find it a bit odd that after you just told your new boss you found the guy that killed Saburo, a bunch of Arasaka agents on bikes tried to murder you and the bounty? Even if the agents didn't have "Arasaka agents" written on their foreheads, you could easily figure it out based on the outfits, the bikes, and the military grade Mantis blades. These aren't your typical scavs.
Well it was a bit of a chaotic sequence in my opinion so I didn't have much chance to examine them closely. From what I saw was they had heavy implants with red lights and looked pretty brutal. So since the only faction I've seen like that before were the maelstrom, I thought maybe it was just some highway hijacking going on.

No reason, except for Takemura clearly not being convinced by Yorinobu's explanation back at the penthouse and the assassins that came for him the moment he informed Yorinobu he found Saburo's killer alive.

The motivation for his cooperation with V is as clear as day to anyone who paid a modicum of attention to what was happening in the game.
Noone is questioning his motivation throughout the game. We were saying that shortly after V wakes up and heals up, it's a confusing chain of dialogues.

V was literally on death's doorstep then in a coma for who knows how long, yet it seemed he put the pieces together faster in his dreams than I could behind the screne.

Well it was a bit of a chaotic sequence in my opinion so I didn't have much chance to examine them closely. From what I saw was they had heavy implants with red lights and looked pretty brutal. So since the only faction I've seen like that before were the maelstrom, I thought maybe it was just some highway hijacking going on.

The key exchange happens before the car ride:

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 2.54.16 PM.png

So the characters should wait for you to catch up to the plot? Like, how does that work?
Like when they first meet, give a dialogue of:
"Hey btw.. what happened out there...?"
"Oh yeah... after I found you, they sent those arasaka assasins to off us both..."

The key exchange happens before the car ride:

View attachment 11091329
Exactly! imagine my confusion on why did maelstrom suddenly decided to attack us, and he doesn't seem to plan to take me back to the HQ.

You guys above claiming it's explained in-game are simply creating your own narratives. Never once does V proclaim his innocence to Takemura, nor even tell him what really happened, when first they meet. The near first dialogue sequence is the other way around with Takemura telling V that he needs his help.

Takemura wasn't in the room. He left. Takemura had no way of knowing that the son killed his emperor father, and he had no reason to suspect otherwise. That's why I found it confusing. And given Takemura had no reason to believe V didn't do it, the son would have no reason to send a goon squad to have Takemura killed, so Takemura "putting two-and-two together," though maybe not wrong, has no credible foundation story-wise.

I was confused about the highway attack on my first playthrough. I didn't know who they were or why they were attacking exactly and like others I assumed they were some aggressive Maelstrom members. I did catch Takemura obviously not believing the story of the Arasaka death. So he knows Arasaka wasn't poisoned. The only other person in the room was Arasaka's son. Takemura suspects the son, the son threatens Takemura. Takemura tries to at least play lapdog until he can get out of the situation or find another solution. As he's playing along, Arasaka's son hires hitmen who attack us on the highway on the way to Arasaka HQ. I only realized this on my 2nd playthrough because their dialogue is shown as "Assassin: xxx" and their gear is pretty advanced (seemingly even for Maelstrom) and they call Takemura a traitor (as he was actively bringing the 'suspected' killer into custody). Which is an obvious sign of betrayal toward Takemura, even as he's playing along. He says "fuck it, how ya gonna kill me when i was covering your dumb ass?" and then joins with V. If you were Arasaka's son, Takemura is the one big blockade for Yorinobu to convince the public of whatever narrative he wants to put out. And regardless of whether Takemura wants to play along or not, he is still a liability.

You guys above claiming it's explained in-game are simply creating your own narratives. Never once does V proclaim his innocence to Takemura, nor even tell him what really happened, when first they meet. The near first dialogue sequence is the other way around with Takemura telling V that he needs his help.

Takemura wasn't in the room. He left. Takemura had no way of knowing that the son killed his emperor father, and he had no reason to suspect otherwise. That's why I found it confusing. And given Takemura had no reason to believe V didn't do it, the son would have no reason to send a goon squad to have Takemura killed, so Takemura "putting two-and-two together," though maybe not wrong, has no credible foundation story-wise.

There are blood splatters on the pillar. They left for a second. I'm sure in a Cyberpunk universe their equipment could read details pretty easily in an environment (hell, we do it as part of the game). There is literally Yorinobu standing over his father's dead body, wounds to the back of Arasaka's head, and blood splatter on the big pillar we were hiding in. And immediately after Takemura comes in he gets threatened by Yorinobu in a very weird tone (one you wouldn't have if your father was just poisoned, regardless of your relationship with them). Bro. It's all there. It seems a bit rushed but it's definitely there.

I think there's a very simple answer and it's fucking hilarious.

Goro knows because Dex contacted him and said, "I killed the guy who killed the Emperor!"

So Goro came to the junkyard and gunned Dex down because he knows Yorinobu killed the Emperor.

I would believe this. Dex is a moron

V didn't help their situation by not clarifying they didn't kill the Galactic Emperor/Sauron/Warren Buffet.

Mind you, they just lost their best friend so I can understand if they weren't on their A game.

But yes, Dex totally misread the situation.

Goro needed a witness and got one with a bullet in their head.

Ok, I know this is an old thread, but anyway. I just had the conversation with Takemura at Tom's Diner. After reading all the comments here (thanks a lot guys) This is my conclusion:

Takemura knew Yorinobu from long back, he knew (everybody knew) the father and son had a bad relationship. He knew about that time Yorinobu quit to Arasaka and started his own gang. To his eyes, Yorinobu was nothing but a spoiled brat, playing rebel.

Then, Yorinobu stole the relic, and thus, committed treason. The same Subaro says so, something like "I could forgive you for everything, except treason". Even if the emperor never verbally expressed these feelings to his bodyguard, Takemura was not blind. Betraying the company is to betray the father, and from betray to murder there is only a little step. So, when Yorinobu claimed "somebody poisoned" his father, Takemura didn't buy it, but he played along.

When you are hiding inside the pillar, Takemura is thoughtfully scanning that zone, he 'feels' there is 'something' there, but he is interrupted by the emperor and forced to leave the room.

Dex tries to wash his hands out of the whole mess (or at least buy some mercy) by selling V. He is probably dealing directly with Yorinobu (as he tells V something like "I want to do business with Number 1 and you are in the way" before shooting V). Yorinobu is afraid that there is a witness he must deal with, so he orders Dex to kill V.

Now, Yorinobu has 3 loose ends he must tie:
1) V: Yorinobu has no way to know if Dex actually killed V
2) Dex: He knows too much
3) Takemura: Yorinobu never actually trusted him.
In order to deal with this in the cleanest way, Yorinobu sets up for all the loose ends to be in the same place at the same time. For this, he orders Takemura to "take Dex and go to the place where the body of my father's murderer is, and bring the body to me", and orders these corpo bots to follow Takemura and kill them all.

But Takemura has his own agenda, so when he meets Dex, they have a 'smooth talk'. From Dex, Takemura learns that V was in the suite at the time the emperor was killed; that 'something' Takemura felt when he was scanning the pillar turns out to be a 'someone'. When they go to the dumpster, to surprise of both of them V was actually alive. Seeing that Dex is no longer required, Takemura kills him (also because of honor and shit). V is Takemura's best chance to know the truth (and maybe even a witness of the emperor's murder?).

As Takemura is still pretending to be loyal to the spoiled prince, he calls him and tells him that "i've found your father's killer", but he intentionally omits the little detail that the killer is still alive. Takemura takes V and starts driving, most likely he doesn't have a plan or a clear destination yet as he just discovered that V is still alive, but before he can come up with something, the corpo bots show up and shit rains.

And, when they are at Vik's clinic, I guess Takemura took advantage of V's current mental state and interrogated him (or maybe V started talking due to the pain killers), something V doesn't clearly remember. Now Takemura knows what actually happened, and needs V as a witness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom