Takemura (Minor Spoilers)

+
How did Goro aquire malware for the parade after telling Wakado he had no money? writers oversight or suggestion of outside help?
The questions are an important mechanic in story telling, they leave you wanting to know more.
To assume oversight would be over critical and to assume purposeful obfuscation would be overly charitable so with schroedingers cat being both dead and alive, this story is both well told and badly written.

When you are hiding inside the pillar, Takemura is thoughtfully scanning that zone, he 'feels' there is 'something' there, but he is interrupted by the emperor and forced to leave the room.

Takemura knows someone was behind the pillar because I remember seeing “unauthorized scan” pop up while hiding. I noticed that on my first play through and remember saying out loud “damn he scanned me” but was surprised he didn’t say anything. I then wondered if maybe that was a glitch or was that for me as I too was scanning Takemura.

Second play through with a new V and life path I didn’t scan anyone this time around since I already knew who was who. That message came up again “unauthorized scan” and this time I really wondered why Takemura didn’t say anything. He definitely knew someone else is in the room besides them.

Edit: Correction - Takemura did not complete his scan. Realized this during gameplay while V was scanning. Scanning doesn’t reveal anything until complete.

Last edited:
i would say Dex definitely sold out V to goro
and yorinobu sold out goro because he was loyal to saburo.
the bots that attack on the road are arasaka, corpo V can say
something like "the assasins from troy".

I missed something, I guess. Why is Takemura my "friend" (not literally, but so to speak) and how does he magically know that V witnessed the Emperor's murder when everyone else thinks he committed the murder?

I mean, I suppose I can presume he tracked down Dex who set the record straight, but why would Takemura believe Dex?

I don't know... if this were a movie, I would say it was over-edited.
Because Takemura wasn't security of the Yorinobu BUT Saburo Arasaka security and he came with him to the hotel Konpeki Plaza as Yourinobu stolen relic from Saburo from arasaka tower. And Saburo wanted chip back but his son didn't want so killed his father.
Takemura was in hotel and when old guy died the son started shouting at him so he had to listen him. And Takemura obviously knew Yourinobu stolen chip and he realised why is shouting at him to cover he killed father. Takemura didn't know magically that V and Jackie was behind the glass. He obviously was interrupted by Yorinobu and didn't finish scanning. Takemura sensed suspiciousness on him and Yorinobu knew about it.
Evelyn parker, hired Dex shawn, then dex fixer hired you and t-bug and Jackie to do the dirty job!
But the mission went tits up as unexpected and dex de shawn got pants shitted as he said in motel ''you offed'' emperor it is now everywhere in the news.
As dex wouldn't believe that son strangled his father... and then V said it wasn't US that we killed emperor . Dex obviously didn't believe and he even mentioned that arasaka ninjas were sent after you. Then dex said can't risk it and shot you and threw you into scrap yard but takemura tracked down dex probably via Evelyn parker ( Evelyn Parker was hired by voodoo boys boss Brigitte as they wanted that chip/relic to be stolen but even NetWatch guys wanted the relic ...probably hired Brigitte hehe it is very good story !) because he wanted find out the truth (and Evelyn fucked up job so ended up as she ended up) demanded your body from him, you magically got revived by relic then you saw takemura with dex , but takemura after shooting dex said ; ''I found killer'' then Takemura didn't immediately send you back to Yorinobu, BECUSE he already knew Yourinobu killed his father but he needed proof so wanted to find out what exactly happened So Yorinobu sent arasaka ninjas even to kill you and Takemura too to retrieve the relic from you ant kill takemura that noboy will find out he killed father , then ninjas ambushed you on bikes and takemura asked you to help eliminate them . Then Yorinobu marked Takemura as traitor so he ha to speak with you later on to help each other

Last edited:
Been playing and yeah it reeks of cut content. I suspect its a deadline decision. As ever though, it's not that it can't be worked out. It's just feels like a bad edit.
I took Dex shooting you as covering his own ass, nothing more.
Takemura started to look into it, but was cut out due to lack of trust. So he searches for Dex, hoping to find you alive or dl your memories (if thats possible) he gets Dex to take him to you. Only you are set on by assassins.

Its no accident, the game chooses to only show things V would have seen. They expect that time to be confusing and low information, V has been shot in the head and in and out of consciousness. There is lots of mysteries they pose here. They also want the player to be unsure about Takamura's situation, so they keep you in the dark about many things.

Generally the game doesn't directly expose lots of information, some things, if the player wants to know more they can find hints, sometimes

Top Bottom