Taking inspiration from...Fra cry 6 ?

+
I know that might sounds like a joke...but it's not 😜
I'm right now playing far cry 6 on series X (and surprisingly I really like it🔥), and many times I founded myself thinking about cb2077 and where it could take some inspiration from far cry 6.
I think there are some points where far cry 6 could really be a sort of model for the future updates of the game, or even better, where cdpr can overhaul some aspects of cb2077 with "small" efforts.

- Aesthetic Changes😎
The aesthetic is really one of the aspects that seriously took me down in cyberpunk.
I didn't expect, before the release, I could've not modify the aesthetic of the weapons. Or of the cars. Or of the character itself (damn, in a cyberpunk world😅...).
Even how the inventory and all your menu are visualised. I really like the red colour theme on a deep blu screen...but the icons are too small !!! And we should have more simply life to admire our character 😉

So, here some suggestions: 1) each weapon and each car should have at least 4/5 skin you can purchase with eddies. If you think about it, we already have these in the game (there are many skins for one type of weapons, you can clearly see those when you loot them; same think for the cars, for example the Quadra-tyger claws version ecc). Same thing for the cyberware you purchase.
2) changing a bit the UI. More big icons in the menu (for the example the pane of clothes, weapons, ecc). More sensation of 3D UI during the gameplay.

- Gameplay changes
1) you categorize clothes in 3 type; street kids, nomads, corpo 😏!
Each category has its own bonus (and maybe even malus) on stats. Example: nomad clothes = more damage on power weapons and more life... Corpo = more coolness and tech ability/bonus... Street kids = more bonus on blades and punching the enemies. Let me know if this is a good idea, in my opinion it could become a nice thing to have a more deeper RPG section.
2) weapons. Weapons, and weapons. Guys, I find far cry 6 weapons out of mind, and they are awesome, maybe one of the best thing of that game. In cb2077 we have really good choice and variety, but I'd like to see more "futuristic" and "cyberpunkish" weapons 😜 PLUS, each weapons is highly customisable in far cry 6, in a way that cyberpunk doesn't, and it should being a futuristic setting !!
3) there are not so many types of archetypes of enemies in far cry 6, but they're very good. Each one has its weapons, its abilities, its resistance and weak points. Is it really hard even thinking to modify each archetype and programming its resistance and weaknesses ?? I don't think so... (Example - Valentinos weak to hacking damages, voodoos boys far more strong against hackings, Animals pretty invincible to punchs)

What do you say ?
I'm pretty happy they delayed cb2077 next gen patch... Maybe it's a good sign cdpr want to modify many things of how the game works.

PS - HDR in Far Cry 6 is incredible, really. It should be even and especially in cyberpunk 2077......

PPS - please CDPR, I want an UI in native 4k 😅🙏

Last edited:
No. Maybe point 3 and surely HDR, but big no to everything else (regarding the gameplay changes). That being said, cp77 would have been much better with a different game design ( = no looter shooter)

Played FC5, and it actually does two things quite well: the level design for all the outposts is generally varied and elaborate, so that you can utilize multiple points to infiltrate using either stealth or full on guns. Secondly, you have to invest in the guns you want and upgrade them. You don't see multiple tiers of each weapon like you do in a looter shooter. They have an impact on gameplay and a place for different kinds of encounters. And they certainly aren't dropping by the dozen like they do in Cyberpunk. So yeah, CDPR could use similar ideas in CP imo, especially since it's open world, has stealth and lots of weapon types.

Played FC5, and it actually does two things quite well: the level design for all the outposts is generally varied and elaborate, so that you can utilize multiple points to infiltrate using either stealth or full on guns. Secondly, you have to invest in the guns you want and upgrade them. You don't see multiple tiers of each weapon like you do in a looter shooter. They have an impact on gameplay and a place for different kinds of encounters. And they certainly aren't dropping by the dozen like they do in Cyberpunk. So yeah, CDPR could use similar ideas in CP imo, especially since it's open world, has stealth and lots of weapon types.
Think they could remove the part of looter using a simple escamotage of the lore of the world = each weapons is working through finger prints ;)
It's pretty common in a futuristic world I mean.
It could give also more "life" to an entire section of customizable weapons ;)

A gun should be a gun. bullets don't fly faster if you add red paint to it, this isn't wh40k and we ain't Orks. Making it a looter-shooter was the single most boneheaded decision. There should be special guns you can find with special features, but not levels. Instead, you should need special AP ammo to punch through heavier armor or higher caliber weapons.

Clothes should also have no inherent stats but you can put mods on them to reduce damage a little bit, then actually utilize the "special" slot with actual assault armor suits like the Arasaka Assault Troopers have that reduce damage but make you slower all the way down to optical camo sneak suits.

Top Bottom