Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

+
Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

What are you recommended talents? Please let me know.Here is some of the info I have collected from my experience from the game, it might not be 100% accurate, but it's a foundation for discussion, please correct me if you find it different.Number of talent points:UPDATE: ReaperX's table has been updated (it had been quoted here)New updated talents chartPossible additional tokens:Lady of The LakeGives 1 Silver TokenIf you complete Ripple Quest at Chapter IV without taking on side, you will be given a Silver Token.Zeugl VigorGives 1 Gold and 1 SilverFrightener’s VisonGives 1 BronzeHellhound’s SoulGives1 SilverKoshchey’s CoreGives 1 GoldStriga’s UrgeGives 1 Silver, 1 BronzeSome of these are given based on your decisions in the game.Talents Stacking?No, the talent bonuses are not cumulative.Take Crushing Blow as an example; there are two levels of this talent, Crushing Blow I, and Crushing Blow II.Crushing Blow I – The bonus damage only applies to the first chain of attacks.Crushing Blow II – Once you have successfully chained on to the second set of combos, the Crushing Blow II damage bonus apples to these attacks.Absolute essential skills in my view are:Strength level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.They all add + Damage, + Parry, +Vitality and Resistances on Knockdown and Bleeding, which applies to you everyday combat.Dexterity level 1,2,3,4,5.They all add +Attack, + Doge, + Parry, resistances on Blind and Incineration, absolute essentials, ensure a greater chance of your attacks to land with all the damage you have developed from STR.Stamina level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.They add resistances and Endurance regeneration; this gives you a lot more option in combat with Signs, that’s tactically more damage, more protection and more control.Beside the benefit of Endurance regeneration, more importantly to me, Endurance adds resistances on two deadly conditions, which are Stun and Pain, resistance to them are highly valuable.More on Endurance, for example, there will be situations in the game where enemies have stunning abilities, my tactic is to: Hit a little, Arad, hit a little, Arad, hit a little, Arad and repeat. This will prevent them from knock, stun or blind you. Of course, you can do the same in other combat situations.Debatable essential skills?Intelligence level 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.The intelligence levels could be debatable to take all of the levels form 1 to 5, though I personally see the value in Sign from mid game. The Intelligence abilities add Intensity, reduce endurance cost, and make all the sign effects last longer.I have taken most of them (only about 4 Silver one left which I did not take), and this allows me to do about 200+ damage per Igni Sign at a Greater Brother, and I can do a few on a roll (though when I do that to Drowners, they don’t die straight away, does the damage based on the amount of their health? If you know please let me know).Together with Endurance, you are allowed a lot of Sign options.Signs:Personal rated Signs are: Arad and Igni.Arad as mention above, allows you a lot of control over your targets, also provide a lot of opportunities to finish tougher target in one blow, with the hit-stun-hit-stun method, it allows a healthier life style.However, I do not find the need to take it beyond the Bronze level even though it’s so useful. At higher level, it seems it will simply reinforce what it is already doing, because:The cost of Arad sign is quite low, and with my development with INT and STAM, if I really want to stun the target , I can repeat casting Arad until I see the result.IgniDamage and muti uses ability, with further development, your Igni damage increase, Incineration last longer, and with nice added ability such as Fear and Pain. Since the angel of Igni covers quite wide at 135 degree at Brozen level 2, and 315 degree at second silver level, you are doing a lot of damage to a large area you are covering.I have defeated AJ with 90% damage coming from Igni before, just repeated the Igni sign whenever I am up from it’s knocking, while I was down, I just kept him burning. Please see to this video at 4:00 of this video:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4w5bx0pZF_sAt level 3, you may add Fear to your target, and at 4, Pain; this is an ideal crowd control spell, but for its damage alone, I would use it for one to one combat. Not to mention it provides a push back to all those effected.YrdenA very fun way in killing your target, however, I have not found it’s life saving value yet (please let me know how you use yours), sometimes it blocks off people coming at you, it has it’s usefulness at times, but for me it’s more of a fun thing. Such as this: at 2:07 and 3:00 of this video:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4w5bx0pZF_sQuenI have developed my character mainly to kill, and have yet to find the usefulness of Quen’s protectiveness. There are great suggestions that Quen is useful when you walked into ambush, and Quen would allow you the time to prep yourself, such as drinking the desired potions and selecting the right weapon, or may be even coating it?But since Igni has Fear and Pain effect, as well as a push back on the targets, from my experience I have found all the time I need, thus I still don’t see Quen worth any further investment of talents beyond Bronze (level 1 and 2).AxiiI rely on Igni on crowd control, causes Fear and Pain, from that perspective, I am totally missing out on Axii (Please let me know how you use it).Sword styles:If you had not heavily investing on the Signs, you should be able to take 4 out of 6 sword styles to level 5.Personally I have almost maxed out Strong and Fast Styles on both Steel and Silver, mainly on the more realistic talents which would add damage and attack, secondly the one that increases chance for Bleeding and Pain, and later on, max them.Group Style wise, I have left them at level 3 with both Steel and Silver, I am not so keen on the Group Style because of the following reasons:1) I have some crowd control from Signs, which provides the Fear and Pain effect, allowing me to fight my enemies on average no more than two at a time.2) Later on in the game, with the appropriate investment in Igni and STAM, INT, you can spam Igni if you wish, whatever is left, would usually require Strong Style to kill (This experience is based on Normal and Hard difficulty of 1.1a).3) Group Style is not as accurate as Fast Style, there are times where you would not be able to hit a fast target with it, together with the above reasons, I tend not to invests in a style that only functions as a convenient, but I rather investing in something I would "need" in a challenging situations, such as heavy armoured and quick targets.Video References:Igni - Power and the Pain Effecthttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c114S-5qOTwIgni - Fear Effecthttp://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A-QvV_XYnnA:

Yes, the manual says that the amount of all talents in the game won't allow you to get all skills. What I decided to do when I read this is always keep 6 talents in stock. Now I can choose dpeending on the difficulty of the game what I should focus on. Up till now, I am still in the Outskirts, I do what i always do in these games. I up my stamina and intelligence and strength. Dexterity less so_Of course all this depends on your style. I don't know if Geralt is gonna be fighting single tough monsters a lot or very regulalrly needs to dispatch bands of enemies. So I am not sure if putting very many talents to the group style is useful.I think the toughest monsters in any game are always the boss monsters, so talents in the strong style would always pay off. as for magic...well...if you always like to use magic, that helps. It is a chouice. I notice I can use Aard sign to blast and stun hounds. Excellent, when fighting 3 I can disable one and focus on the 2. Or choose to finish it off as it can't defend itself. So do you invest in group style or more in aard sign. Both ways work.What is your preference? I don't think there will be enough talents to up al your magic signs. So choose if you like fire or some other sign.I just began playing this game so may advice is based on my experience with many other games.I like magic so I will probably be picking a few sword skills and then invest more in magic. Iusually, in games like Baldurs Gate I prefer the Battle Mage. Which is basically the ability to use all or most weapons and armor, to tank myself a bit and have a choice depending on the situation and spellcasting. Same with Neverwinter Nights. Aracane Archer is good. But lately a generaits in this way is sometimes not always good.In Two Worlds and this game I decided to focus more on some skills. In 2W I am going archer and 2 types of magic, abandoning horse riding and thieving and sneaking skills.

Keep in mind that you can never rely on the magic alone when developing your character.IMO you should priorize in this order:1. Attribute talents (STR, DEX, INT and STA)2. Sword styles (All are equally important you need to switch them frequently even during fights)and lastly3. Magic skills (Aard is probably the most usefull as it enables finishing moves, knockback and stun).

To be honest I have saved all talent points.Right now I'm at the Beast in Act 1 and I have 27 (lvl9) points saved. The only monster that was a bit harder so far was the ghoul boss in the Crypt and that was only because of his stun attack.I play on medium difficulty.

U don't have all talents, Max lv for Geralt is 75 lv (that I think, that tell me CD Projekt RED)In my opinion witcher must be universal becouse u don't wanna know witch what monster(s) or human u fight in the next chapter, u can fight with archer (fast style), knight witch full plate( strong style, and axe(axe is good for shield)) and group style for couple of easy monsters,MagicI think the most powerfull is Aard ang Igni (fire) because aard is good in fight, and witch upgradeed Igni u can have something like a fireball.Quen - magic sign, u have a magic shield, upgraded minimalize oponents hit pointsPs. Sorry for my english.

I think very useful might be upping fast sword styles, as they offer more chance to hit and additionally stun and knockback abilities.After stunning an enemy you can finish even much stronger enemy with one strike, so i think it might be really deadly tactics.

Would anyone be able to provide an estimitation on how many bronzes, silver and gold talent you get for the entire game.This way, you might actually have a plan how you want your character to be at the end.

s9

Senior user
I am not sure how many talent points you get per stage (i.e. bronze, silver, gold). however I am going to focus on more core abilities first (i.e. str, dex ..) then on the sword styles and magic last.it all depends on your playing style. but you need a good core set of talents, this way you are ready for most situations, rather than specialized on one type.

You get three bronze points as you lv up (at least at the early lv's, not sure about when you start getting silver/gold).Right now I'm pretty much expanding out as a jack of all when it comes to sword styles. However I've focused more on Dexterity out of my attributes followed by Strength and then Int. I haven't put any into Sta yet really. The dex-line just looks the best to me, with the blocking of arrows and other neat tricks that I would like to have plus I always thought Witchers were supposed to be quite fast and such so it seems very fitting to me. Sword styles I expanded in all three so far with the steel sword, up to two in each one along with a few other skills in the various tree's. The least part that I've trained in is the Signs, as I only have got the Aard sign so...yeah. This brings up a question if someone could answer it, in the outskirts near the Cave there's a stone there that you can touch, I did this but I didn't get anything from it? Or it did something that i didn't realize, can someone tell me what the heck it does? I thought it was a new sign but it seems not so...

Based on what it says in the game:Bronze you get from level 1Silver you get from level 15Gold you get from level 30Okay, may be you get: 75 Bronzes at level 75.60 Silvers.45 Gold.Now, I think, you get 3 Bronzes per level early, but you don't get them after a certain levels.If my theory is right, you should be able to cover most of your skills with bronzes.

Eh? You get 3 bronze points at lv up. (Plus remember there are a few ways to get points other ways, like potions, etc I got an extra bronze from the Frightner's eye potion). Perhaps that means that at lv 15 (45 bronze points just going by lv up's) then it switches over to silver? So once you hit lv 15 you don't get bronze any more or such.

Read my post again.That is almost what I have just said.To which point you don't get bronze anymore, I would like an experience player to give us some idea.

Stiler said:
This brings up a question if someone could answer it, in the outskirts near the Cave there's a stone there that you can touch, I did this but I didn't get anything from it? Or it did something that i didn't realize, can someone tell me what the heck it does? I thought it was a new sign but it seems not so...
It's the same type of stone you first encountered in the lab in the prologue. Since you've already got that sign it doesn't teach you anything new but instead improves the power of the aard sign by 100% (i think) for a medium length of time (4 hours in-game or thereabouts).As for the total number of talents that's best answered by someone who's finished the game. My guess is this:lvl 1-15 you get 3 bronze per level = 45 bronzelvl 16-30 you get 2 silver per level = 30 silverlvl 31-?? you get 1 gold per level = ? (45 if max level is 75 which would surprise me seeing as how there are only 33 gold skills...)

I am beyond level 15 (Lost count on my level, but I am at Skilled Witcher), I still get 3 bronzes per level, and I think 2 silvers (I am not sure about this because I sometimes safe some).But I am sure one thing, you still get bronzes token after level 15, but might stop at some point.

so bronze doesn't stop with lvl 15 - does anyone know when, if at all, it stops?There are 107 bronze skills, so that you'd have them maxed out at level 36...

I was wondering if It was worth it to invest in for example, the level 1 and 2 +dmg talents (15% and 20%) for group silver if i can just spend a silver talent and get the lvl 3 damage talent. Do the talents override or stack?

Not -exactly-. According to a post on the "ask the devs" thread, each set of upgrades affects its "combo". So if you get all the "Strong Steel I" enhancements they apply to the first strong steel series of blows, the second level all apply to the "Strong Steel II" series, and so on. It makes chaining attacks important.

Top Bottom