Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

+
To make a needed elixir, You need to extract ingredient from Dagon in Act 4. So don't worry, You'll have the occasion to get this enhancement ;)

Just to make things clearer: each mutagen is connected to one specific talent. You can't choose which talent to get from these, ever. Take a look at the Wiki if you want to see all mutagenic potions available.

at my first lvl up and im confused on how the magic works in this gamelike with aard, i start off with lvl 1 but theres above each lvl a student, aprencice, ect lvl, are those only if you want to use the powered up version? can you just get the regular spell, or is it required to get the 'student, aprentice,' ect lvls for each one?

You don't have to get the power-ups (Student, Apprentice, etc.) in order to obtain the new levels, but they are chained in-between. So in order to obtain Apprentice, you have to have Student and so on. The are often very useful, for example Igni gives ranged attack ability - very convenient and some say even overpowered.I tend to use the ones for Aard, Igni and Quen. Axii I almost never use at all, and for Yrden I almost always use the base lay-a-trap function.

Getting the powered up version isn't necessary for the base use, and it doesn't add power to it. Some get impressively powerful, but aren't always tactically feasible. Aard sents out a full-circle shockwave, but when you're that surrounded, good luck getting it charged up. Igni has a ranged fireball for greater damage, and it's pretty useful and powerful even at Student level. Quen's chargeup is a great counter for attackers who deal knockdown/stun/etc, or soften up crowds before Group slashing.Can someone tell how the Axii and Yrden chargeups work?

thanks that clears it up quite a bit. Im going to be more melee oriented so i'll probably get the shield one (quen) and the pain causing one.. yrden id like some clarificcation on the improved yrden and axil spells too, its not really clear on what they do.. i think yrden just changes it from a trap to a blast attack in front of you? not sure... axil i have no idea

For Yrden, you build up an "instant" spike trap around you that gives damage to everyone surrounding you, with a greater range than the ordinary one. I don't use it much since it's mostly suicide to get surrounded in the first place. And as with Aard, you usually don't have the time to use the power-up when you're surrounded.Axii adds Fear as an effect (the base only tries to gain control). In theory much more useful for crowd control, but I can't say that I have used it much anyway. Too many monster are resistant to Fear for it to be generally useful like the other signs.

Group styles are seriously underrated here, from my experience. I've found it's actually much quicker and easier to fight a crowd with group style than an individual with an equally developed style. If I want to cut a battle short, I'll herd as many together as possible before cutting loose. There are a few exceptions:Wyverns: Not the royals, which fall as easily as anything else, but the smaller size are good at blocking and getting critical effects in past the circle. At maxed Group skill and with a good silver sword, even those are a breeze.Bloedzugers: It's doable, and very effective to catch a group in the deathblast, but you have to be quick and paying attention. If you're not watching the one who's about to die, you have to be ready to flip away as soon as you hear the death hiss, even interrupt your current attack to get out of the way. Quen is useful for this, and highly recommended if there'll be a unpredictable chain reaction.Knights: Anyone with a shield has a chance to block a Group attack, and even if you can get the first attack in, you're highly unlikely to chain a second onto it. Samum was useful for getting around this; so far the only use I've found for bombs.

Hey all,I've had this game for years but never got around to playing it...well i did but i was put of by the combat after 2 minutes and never touched it again. all you do is click and you cant even block, but I will try and get used to that. Anyway ive just installed it and upgraded to the Enhanced edition. im playing it now and have just killed the frightener and got 3 bronze points to spend...I'm playing on hard cos I like a challenge in games but im not sure what to put the points into...probs wont bother much with the whole Alchemy side of things..not really my thing and seems a bit complicated. I was thinking of upgrading my aard so was gonna put 1 point into INT and 1 on aard level 1 and the other in Stun... Im just wondering how important Stun is? Does aard stun anyway and when I upgrade to level 2 and beyond will it just not stun anymore? Do you need stun to kill that beast that everyone says is impossible? I dont wanna end up wasting points when I could put them into STR/DEX or one one of the sword stats...I'm guessing I need a load in INT to get higher level signs..I just dont wanna end up wasting points! i may end up saving em for the igni tree.

Aard stuns all the time and even improves in range and effects Aard developement. I used on my first playthrough mainly Aard and Igni. The four attributes are important because they have many passive boni and unlock other skills of the combat styles.If you play on hard you can't do without potions. It's a bit confusing because you have so many coloured substances (5) and 3 additionals substances which are imo very important as well because they supply you with buffs if you use them of one kind for a potion, take a look at substances or ingredients and potions ;)

Simple question really.Do talents stack on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd tier levels? For instance, Does Deep Cuts 1 stack with Deep Cuts 2 or does Deep Cuts 2 make the 1st one useless, and only increase "total" bleeding by 5%?

I would guess that no, they do not stack. If level one had +5% and level 2 had +20%, you would be on +20% not +25%.Might be wrong..

I get that u need Student before u get Apprentice etc but if aard stuns anyway whats the point of the level 1 Stun choice?

It doesn't stack, I take strong steel as exampleLevel one = your first attack, it has2 blows with damage 20−30, Enemy Armor −10% and Bleeding 30% as basic. You put a talent in Cut at the Jugular 1, now this attack has bleeding 15%flaming sword to chain the…Level two = your second attack, it has 2 blows with damage 40−80, Enemy Armor −20% and Bleeding +40% as basic. You put a talent in Cut at the Jugular II, this 2nd attack sequences has bleeding 15%. If you put instead a talent in Crushing blow and skip Jugular II, your 2nd attack has basic damage and Crushing blow, no Jugular II.The tier of each level just offers you additional damage for this attack sequence ;)

really getting into the game now. I was getting my ass kicked in the Crypt Chap 1..so i decided to spend some talents instead of saving em all up for no reason..3 in Stam, 3 in INT, 2 in STR and a few to improve my endurance and 1 so I can make oils..whacked on some CAT and some of that oil that does 100% damage against Ghouls and it was easy! Alghoul couldnt even get a hit on me now ive mastered the chain attacks. just a few Qs..Is there any point in using any of the other weapons? does having more points in STR give you more special and finishing moves?How do I make more money! Ive only got like 900 and I need to buy a load of crappy books with that to get formulas..do i need the herbal books? (herbs and the subterrainian one)? i wanna have enough to get that good leather jacket in Chap 2..dunno how much thats gonna be tho.even tho im only like level 7 whats best to put my first silver talent in? Aard or Igni? Im not gona bother with any of the other signs.

1. Maybe to save talents which you spend to your sword ::)2. No, it doesnt. You get new moves by spending talents to your sword styles.3. You may get more money playing dice poker or taking part in fist fights. As for me, I prefer poker :)4. I would go for Aard :)

Top Bottom