Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

+
Hey guys, Im just new here so be gentle. :)I recently started playing The Witcher. I understand that when you level up, you get the bronze, silver or gold talents, and use these to upgrade your skills.My question is, when there are multiple levels of the same talent, can I bypass the earlier levels by just purchasing the higher leveled talents? Or is there a benefit to also purchasing the lower levels?Ill try to explain with a crappy example. Here is my fake talent tree:First Tier: Cupcake Making Level 1 Egg Cracking 1 Delicious Icing 1Second Tier: Cupcake Making Level 2 Egg Cracking 2 Delicious Icing 2etc etc.So what I'm asking is, if I have the choice between upgrading to "Egg Cracking 1" or "Egg Cracking 2", why would anyone bother buying the first level when they can just skip it and go straight to the second? Is there some hidden benefit to starting on the lower levels that I haven't figured out yet?I sincerely hope that my question makes sense. If not, I'll try to find a way to word it better.Thanks,d3c4y

Probably You mean skills in sword fighting styles :)Yes, You don't need these lower ones to have higher ones :)You only need to get one after another main skills (each tree has main skill and then three, four, sometimes less minor skills). Also in signs' trees there are skills for "improved" attack. These work similar :)Hope it is quite clear xDTo add:These levels of skills work with specified attack. So these with 1 will work with first attack of a serie, 2 with second attack, and so on :)And welcome on our forum :wave:

Oh I see!So level 1 of a skill works on the first attack, level 2 on the second attack etc.I just never realised this.Thank you so much for your help.d3c4y

darn! now i'm bitterly disappointed that my Geralt didn't get advanced cupcake making AND delicious icing :mad:LOVE your example d3c4y ;D

liveinabox said:
liveinabox said:
Really? It seems reasonable with some of these values, like a combined +Damage% of 50. But for Vitality it seems almost overpowered, with a whopping +400 at Strength 5. Then Intelligence giving a potential +120 Sign Intensity explains why Igni can become so insanely destructive.
I think Vitality is +100 at str 5 on hard difficulty.
That just contradicts what Flash had said. So are these values cumulative or are only highest rank values used, or is there no consistency at all? The more answers I get the less clear it seems to be.

Hello all, I'm playing the game and I've just managed to level up my fast steel sword technique to tier 4.. The problem is that the gameplay during the swordfights is very different when I'm using the fast silver style. I used to push the left mouse button on an enemy to focus on him. When I did that the sign changed from just a sword to a sword in a circle meaning that I could now press the right mouse button and begin attacking. When ever the "lightning sword" was showing up I used to press the left mouse button again to initiate a combo etc.That was quite perfect. Now fast style does not work like before. I push the left mouse button and I dont get the sign of the sword in the circle which allows me to begin striking my enemy. Instead of that I get a bar which seems to fill up or something like that.When I checked the HERO section which describes my abilities I've discovered that now I am able to use twister when I use the fast steel by pressing the mouse button and releasing it. I tried to work with it several times but I still don't get how its done. I can't fight anyone who needs fast steel to be fought! Please help, its just ruining my game experience:(..Thanks!!!!

the 4th level sword styles are all special attacks and have a "power up" phase ... give them a shot, let that 'bar' fill up, then let'er rip :peace:

Hmm, I experimented with this yesterday with some mixed results. Here's what I've found:a. The 4th level attacks are special attacks and independent of the normal chained attacks. (Unless I'm missing something here).b. Click and hold the LMB to let the special atack charge up, then release to unleash the attack.c. It uses Endurance, so if your Endurance is too low you can't use this attack until Endurance has recharged.d. Enemy attacks can disrupt the charging, so use this ability with discretion. It's not a one-shotl boss killing move.

I'm putting points into Aard to knockdown enemies so I can then do a coup de grace. It's not for crowd control, just big baddies. So to get the best knockdown, should I take both Thunder and Gale? Or do they not stack, so just Thunder?Thanks,Will

I find the above-mentioned Tier 4 attacks to be a waste. My character never gets to power-up as he gets sliced or munched on.Just the chain of attack is enough to keep the enemies' slash of sword or claw away. Then again, it is easier to try on EASY. :peace:

Dezired said:
Dunno, I almost always had the time to finish my combo, playing on normal.
I guess normal also works. But, why not try on Hard? :hmmm:.... wait... Nope, Hard is also Easy.I guess what you should really try is one of the Difficulty Mods and then report back. :evil:... Then we will see your view of things. :peace:

Just wondering, are skills like Cut at the Jugular 1, 2, 3; and Crushing Blow 1,2,3 cumulative? Or is it just the current tier or higher tier that is in effect?

PetraSilie said:
It doesn't stack, I take strong steel as exampleLevel one = your first attack, it has2 blows with damage 20−30, Enemy Armor −10% and Bleeding 30% as basic. You put a talent in Cut at the Jugular 1, now this attack has bleeding 15%flaming sword to chain the…Level two = your second attack, it has 2 blows with damage 40−80, Enemy Armor −20% and Bleeding +40% as basic. You put a talent in Cut at the Jugular II, this 2nd attack sequences has bleeding 15%. If you put instead a talent in Crushing blow and skip Jugular II, your 2nd attack has basic damage and Crushing blow, no Jugular II.The tier of each level just offers you additional damage for this attack sequence ;)
OK thanks for clearing it up for me. So Strong Steel, the first tier for example. The talents in that tier only effect that first attack and are not cumulative? If so, it would be wise to get all the power ups in each tier to maximize the effectiveness of that attack, thus maximizing effectiveness for the whole style in general?Also do the signs work in the same way?

Top Bottom