tattoos

+
tattoos

hello ppli was wandering if there is any1 who love the witcher so much that he made a tatto reffering to the witcher story?if so i would like to see it (and i think every1 else also) :)also.. where i can find more pictures related to the witcher? aside from the wallpapers showed from the offical site

Even if I liked tattoos, I wouldn't make one from a computer game. You see, people who don't play computer games still think games are for little kids, and would give you a look of mixed contempt and pity if you attempted to explain them who Geralt is, even if you said he is from a novel. Dragons, Chinese characters, skulls and girlfriend names are fine, but game/book characters -- nooo.

Hi,I am really looking for a good motiv from Gerald to get a Tatoo, but I think it will take me a while, to get a realy good one. So as soon as it is done, I´ll tell you :)Yours Merrit

I had the idea already... the wolf head as tattoo but it remained as a idea ;D As a motive the wolf head is okay I think but I don't like tattoos which pigeonhole you into a certain corner. Or tattoos which are related to a specific thing or person. In a few years I regret to have a boyfriends name tattooed -.-

Planewalker said:
Even if I liked tattoos, I wouldn't make one from a computer game. You see, people who don't play computer games still think games are for little kids, and would give you a look of mixed contempt and pity if you attempted to explain them who Geralt is, even if you said he is from a novel. Dragons, Chinese characters, skulls and girlfriend names are fine, but game/book characters -- nooo.
Well, that is your valued opinion but people have differing tastes in tattoos and the only one it really has to please is the person wearing it.If someone wants a Witcher inspired tattoo I would say go for it.The difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is tattooed people don't care if you don't have a tattoo.

Yes, but many tattooed people wish they'd made better choices. Those happy with theirs thought long and hard about getting them.~ Roxy

PetraSilie said:
I had the idea already... the wolf head as tattoo but it remained as a idea ;D As a motive the wolf head is okay I think but I don't like tattoos which pigeonhole you into a certain corner. Or tattoos which are related to a specific thing or person. In a few years I regret to have a boyfriends name tattooed -.-
Getting a name tattooed is much more risky than getting a symbol tattooed. I mean, the whole thing about getting your significant other's name tattooed is the romantic idea that this is the one true perfect relationship and will last for ever... but usually it turns out that it wasn't. But a wolf's head is just a wolf's head - it will mean something to other people who know the game, but to people who don't know the game it's just a striking symbol.Petra, get the wolf's head tattooed over your ex-boyfriend's name - solve both problems at one stroke!

So I found my motive and on the 29th of January I´ll have it done! I think it´s a very personal thing to have such a motive tattooed, but I´m doing it for me and nobody else. Als the books impressed me al well and s I´m not doing it just because of thegam but those people just gave the witcher the face I thought of.

do remember that maori and celtic tattoo designs (unless you understand the symbolism) as found in tattoo parlours tend to be "made up" and often contain stuff you might not want permanently etched on your body :peace: -- more people are aware of unscrupulous use of asian characters, but anything allegedly "symbolic" should be studied closely, or with the help of a true expert (i.e. NOT your tattooist!)

Exactly. A tatt artist will draw anything you want for the money. It's up to the individual to decide what the true art is.If I ever went for a tattoo, I'd likely get a Celtic Knot, or something with similar meaning, but not a random image which may or may not be important later in your life. Besides, I've heard many horror stories regarding 'Asian' symbols being tattooed, only for the wearer to later find that the symbol meant something completely different. Alas, too little research, too late to repair....~ Roxy

RogueRoxy said:
Besides, I've heard many horror stories regarding 'Asian' symbols being tattooed, only for the wearer to later find that the symbol meant something completely different.
A "LOST" fan? 8) ;DWhen i 'll put a tattoo on my skin, it 'll be something i really want for a lifetime (or, at least, know that in 20 years it won't bother me). A Witcher tattoo? No, not a good idea for me. A European mythology dragon maybe, or a symbol. :hmmm:

Actually, I've never watched a single episode of "Lost". Sorry.I am terribly into Celtic folklore, though. I also frequent renaissance faires. In costume, of course.~ Roxy

gamewidow said:
do remember that maori and celtic tattoo designs (unless you understand the symbolism) as found in tattoo parlours tend to be "made up" and often contain stuff you might not want permanently etched on your body :peace: -- more people are aware of unscrupulous use of asian characters, but anything allegedly "symbolic" should be studied closely, or with the help of a true expert (i.e. NOT your tattooist!)
Book(s) with authentic designs is the key, specially if you're looking for the right meaning. I've just one, but there is plenty of them, in my country they are expensive (usually imported) but it's worthy.Did you hear the story of the guy that lived in China an always had lunch in the same restaurant? Someday he decided to make a tattoo based on Chinese letters to always remember from his stay in China. He asked the waiter of the restaurant to write the word (I don't remeber exactly the word) and the waiter, who didn't know of his intentions and just for kidding wrote "Coca-cola" in Chinese. He discoreved years later that he had wrote Coca-cola" written in his skin. :dead:

Top Bottom