tattoos

+
I could very easily see myself getting the Wolf's Head as part of an abstract / generic tribal band or barbed wire band on my arm (not with symbolism, just the stylized linework looks really nice to me). But then for me anyway, the wolf has been a very powerful personal and totemic symbol since I was a child (I'm 47 now), and everybody already knows I'm insane and a gamer, so my boss would just laugh, my husband would not understand why I want to spend more money on ink, my mom would be horrified, and my friends would just say it looks cool (but totally not comprehend the gamer end of it).I'd generally be cautious with symbolism for ink: even separate from the horror of discovering that your cool looking full back Asian characters says something like "Men's Toilet Closed for Cleaning", I'd be careful just because, we change, our interests change, and the winged unicorn carrying a that held deep and profound meaning for you when you were 19 might by the time you are thirty be about as relevant to where you are in your life as the Spongebob stuffed toy that you carried everywhere when you were two. I can think of plenty of things I would have happily gotten as tattoos when I was younger, that I am very glad is not memorialized on my body now. For the record, my ink includes some barbed wire on my wrist (which I probably would not get again), and a Hammer of Thor with barbed wire and a wolf's head on my shoulder (which I am very happy with).

Labeled with coca-cola until the end of life... this is very embarrassing. I would never take a tattoo on my body with a motive I don't know for sure. Asian characters are a fashionable trend. I'm sure Asian poeple find it ridiculous to have their body labeled with a apothegm. I have just a few tribal tattoes which have no reference to anything which I may regret years later.I would say I'm crazy about The Witcher now but I'm sane enough not to get a TW related tattoo. Who knows what I will think of the game in 10 years. I used to be a very big Diablo fan for 6 or 7 years. Once we had a similiar discussion about getting a tattoo of the diablo head. I found this idea fascinating. Thanks I didn't get a Diablo tattoo. Today I would regret it :whistle:

Well, I have now a witcher tattoo and I love it. I would not say it is like getting labeld with someting like coca cola. For me, it means a lot more and I just know , I´ll never regret it.You can see it soon onwww.tatrock.deI´m just not able, to put in a picture my self, sorry.Yours MerritHope that works now.:

This is a marvellous masterpiece :eek: My tribute goes to the tattoo artist who immortalised this artwork on your back and of course to you for the pain you took for... how many hours? ;D I guess you had more than one session for this tattoo or was it done within one day?

I have the witcher wolf head logo tattoed on my wrist, had it done 2 weeks ago and I must say, it is looking awesome. I know most people would frown upon getting a tattoo of a video game, but I LOVE the witcher! I own both copies of the game (the original and enhanced edition) as well as both the novels that were already translated into English (The Last Wish and Blood of Elves). I won't ever tire of The Witcher (or my tattoo, for that matter) and I didn't rush into getting this tattoo (have been thinking about it for months). I have numerous other tattoos and all my tattoos have a meaning for me, the withcer one represents a kind of charm against evil, much like Geralt and them's wolf's head necklaces that vibrate when evil is near.

very very nice job on the wolf head!I've thought of getting the wolf head, though I think I'd put it on my shoulder or bicep. it is seriously cool looking.

Uh, 'am happy I found this thread. I wanted to ask you 'bout smth.Friend of mine wanted of me to design her a tattoo...Never done it before, so I ask of you is what I came up with any good. Mind that its without shading, pure outline of sort. Comment aaall the way please.

did your friend specifically ask for a unicorn ? if not, i'd say they've been done to death -- but that's just my opinion :)

nice tribal swirls and spikieness, nice job on the unicorn, would agree that you might want to check with the friend on preferred critter. I did the same thing, design tatts without shading (it was a winged lion and a VERY stylized tribal dragon), turned out very well with a talented artist doing the actual tattoo-ing.Critiquing: I would re-draw the same image, just to clean up the line widths and detailing. Tatt artists copy EXACTLY what you draw. Warts and all.

Yes, my friend wanted a/an(?) unicorn. And some tribal stuff. And yes, I know its been done to death (what wasn't?) ;DThe bottom line is what is your approach to the subject. Some end up as memorable and artistic, and some simpliy generic...I cant decide which is mine...

wisielec said:
Yes, my friend wanted a/an(?) unicorn. And some tribal stuff. And yes, I know its been done to death (what wasn't?) ;DThe bottom line is what is your approach to the subject. Some end up as memorable and artistic, and some simpliy generic...I cant decide which is mine...
for what it's worth, to me it is in a school/tradition/meme of current spiky tattoos, but that seems to be what your friend wants, so that's OK. And within that tradition, it is well drawn with clean lines and will look smart.So I think it's a good design, for the person who commissioned it. What more do you want?

Top Bottom