Taunts

+
Taunts

So we dont get a chat because people might say bad stuff but we get taunts that do exactly that? I rather have a chat with the option to mute and report bad behavior than taunts that are exactly said bad behavior.

I have a thick skin and wouldn't mind it either way but many people are easilt rattled.
More importantly, given that this game is what? PG 12?, I think that inability to post a real nasty stuff is better...

HenryGrosmont;n8201610 said:
I have a thick skin and wouldn't mind it either way but many people are easilt rattled.
More importantly, given that this game is what? PG 12?, I think that inability to post a real nasty stuff is better...

12 year olds dont post bad stuff, its the older people that do. And chat moderation and mute options should be a thing.

SarahAustin;n8201620 said:
12 year olds dont post bad stuff, its the older people that do. And chat moderation and mute options should be a thing.
I meant that 12 years old shouldn't be exposed to such stuff. That's all.

SarahAustin;n8201620 said:

If you think 12 year olds don't post bad stuff you've never played Counterstrike or LOL... they are usually the worst offenders in my experience

JohnathanHopkins;n8202470 said:
If you think 12 year olds don't post bad stuff you've never played Counterstrike or LOL... they are usually the worst offenders in my experience
I gotta agree... not so much that they are "the worst offenders" but nowadays it's tough to find an adult or rated M game where you don't run into kids around that age. Don't get me wrong, not saying it's right or that it's good or bad parenting to let them play those games, but I also think that in 2017 having a full chat system in a game that, let's be honest, is based on a pretty morbid world isn't unreasonable. I totally understand the reasons for not implementing it (at least for now) but personally I don't think it should depend on whether or not it's deemed safe for children.

Random fun fact: my younger brother just turned 13. He knows more about stuff he shouldn't than I did until I was at least 18. He comes to me and asks me about certain adult topics so nonchalantly that my mind is blown anew every time he does it. #JustHisBrotherCan'tBeHeldResponsibleForParenting

To add to this, I think a system similar to what Rocket League has in place would be good. There are lots of instant chat options, as well as a text chat (and voice, but that would be silly in Gwent). They can all be turned off or on as the user wants.

Top Bottom