Tech weapons seems overpowered ?

+
Not only tech weapons do insane ammount of damage when charged, but also can shoot through walls. Is there any reason to use classic weapons like shotguns, submachine guns ?

It seems to me like complete rework is required for DPS, armor on items and stats on weapons.

Problem isn't really the tech weapons, but the AIs inability to effectively respond. They just sit there or stand still when getting shot through multiple hard covers.

If they aggressively moved around and searched for the player IMMEDIATELY upon being fired at (as you would expect), it would be much harder to actually hit them and kill them before they found you.

Not only tech weapons do insane ammount of damage when charged, but also can shoot through walls. Is there any reason to use classic weapons like shotguns, submachine guns ?

It seems to me like complete rework is required for DPS, armor on items and stats on weapons.

um yeah i agree tech weapons are broken .... check this out

Post automatically merged:

Problem isn't really the tech weapons, but the AIs inability to effectively respond. They just sit there or stand still when getting shot through multiple hard covers.

If they aggressively moved around and searched for the player IMMEDIATELY upon being fired at (as you would expect), it would be much harder to actually hit them and kill them before they found you.

I agreed to the previopus person point as well. And honestly i agree with your points also. I found it weird that the enemies just stood there. Maybe if the AIs also used the tech weapons like we did. To prevent us from just firing away?

I dont see them fixing the AIs unfortunately. They are just terrible all all around

>Insert whatever here< is to op for the game. I mean with Tech, you can charge and shoot through walls, with smart you can rain headshots, power can shoot around corners, hacks can do all the work from outside, melee can block/slash win, or turbo dash in for the quick grapple kill... I mean, how OP you want to be is up to you and your eddies.

>Insert whatever here< is to op for the game. I mean with Tech, you can charge and shoot through walls, with smart you can rain headshots, power can shoot around corners, hacks can do all the work from outside, melee can block/slash win, or turbo dash in for the quick grapple kill... I mean, how OP you want to be is up to you and your eddies.
[/QUOTE

I agree, i feel that if AIs had the same abilities as us. I mean technically they do. Then i think that would balance out the game. For instance, if the enemies used tech weapoins like how we did. We would have a harder time taking them out one by one.
In the same scenario if the net runners did any thing else besides ping and over heat, that would make us less op. We would be forced to genuinely run around and be quick with our decisions.

If some how they made the game some sort of rock paper scissors with abilities and weapons that would be cool :)

um yeah i agree tech weapons are broken .... check this out

Post automatically merged:

I agreed to the previopus person point as well. And honestly i agree with your points also. I found it weird that the enemies just stood there. Maybe if the AIs also used the tech weapons like we did. To prevent us from just firing away?

I dont see them fixing the AIs unfortunately. They are just terrible all all around

AI system have lots of potential, CDPR should finish it.
Enemy can use the hack system at early fighting, but barely since mid.
Hack system can located V, they should start locate V while they realized the attack, such as watch the body.
Enemys will stay at cover, which give tech weapon a good chance to shoot.
In the other hand, they never use the wall through or jump bullet to attack V.
Fighting of the hacker at early game is much exciting

Is there any reason to use classic weapons like shotguns, submachine guns ?
Yes, Buzzsaw can go through walls with no charge required and it's an automatic pistol :) And if you aren't one-shotting things due to level advantage you may want CC of shotguns or some other weapons like burn on Fenrir to prevent enemy from atacking, rushing you.

Aside of that AI needs improvement ;)

I had to hurry and start another play through to keep this game challenging. Heres the tech pistol my first toon had before starting over with a nomad.

thehammer.png

And? It's single shot and slower reload. You can get OP with pretty much anything in this game.

Its single shot and slow reload was never an issue for me. I didnt post the picture to stand above all and say im the almighty pistol god. I posted it to make the point of this thread....that the weapons are stupid op in the game.

Please put your cynicalism back on the shelf.

I posted it to make the point of this thread....that the weapons are stupid op in the game.
Everything is and that's without such numbers (and posting big numbers may be misleading that only weapons with big numbers are OP). You can make Buzzsaw and shoot through terrain and concrete without the need to charge even. You can quick hack a contagion and it will clear the whole "dungeon" without even going in... they really should do some tuning and balancing patch that actually puts some disadvantages to not having some stats, perks and so on.

Everything is and that's without such numbers (and posting big numbers may be misleading that only weapons with big numbers are OP). You can make Buzzsaw and shoot through terrain and concrete without the need to charge even. You can quick hack a contagion and it will clear the whole "dungeon" without even going in... they really should do some tuning and balancing patch that actually puts some disadvantages to not having some stats, perks and so on.

Theres nothing misleading here...anybody whos played this game for only a few hours already knows how ass backwards the stats with all equips in this game are. The toon with this pistol also has 6000ish armor and wont die in very hard mode. Is that number misleading? No, because everyone already knows that armor is also broken in this game.

Its just one picture. Perhaps posting a picture or two will show the devs what kind of balance needs to occur. :)

AI system have lots of potential, CDPR should finish it.
Enemy can use the hack system at early fighting, but barely since mid.
Hack system can located V, they should start locate V while they realized the attack, such as watch the body.
Enemys will stay at cover, which give tech weapon a good chance to shoot.
In the other hand, they never use the wall through or jump bullet to attack V.
Fighting of the hacker at early game is much exciting

I agree with your points. It just appears that working on AIs or making them smarter hasn't happened in alot of games. Unless a developer releases a sequel.

It's just unfortunate that lets say for example. The voodoo boys who are known to being netrunners. Don't do much hacking. If you run around killing them and give them the chance to hack they dont anything but use overheat or ping. Or maybe have the voodoo boys have some quick hack that prevents you from hacking them. Something different.

Each enemy just feels the same once your lvl 20

Tech sniper rifle is made to be used from afar, so the enemy cannot react, the other tech weapons that pass trough walls, pass trough buildings wall, and if you cannot see the player you cannot hack or attack the player, you need to see your target to ping or hack him

The game is just super easy. Classic weapons are good for effects demage like burning i think.

Is there any reason to use classic weapons like shotguns, submachine guns ?
Each of the three categories of weapon refers to the technology it uses, not the type of weapon. So there are Tech shotguns and Tech submachine guns and Tech sniper rifles just like there are Power and Smart weapons of those types.

Power weapons (which seem to be good old fashioned chemically propelled slugthrowers) can ricochet to shoot around corners (if you have the right kind of hand cyberware, which you get from Vik for free the first time you visit him) and generally accept silencers.

Tech weapons (which seem to be more like electromagnetic railguns) can be charged for more damage, and when charged can shoot through walls, but don't (afaik) accept silencers.

Smart weapons (which basically fire tiny self-guided missiles rather than bullets) lock on to targets so you don't have to aim (if you have the right kind of hand cyberware, which you can get for free from Wakako for doing the first mission of the game, though you can't actually get it from her until Watson opens up). They also don't (afaik) accept silencers.

So "traditional" (aka Power) weapons are great for high-Cool stealth builds since you can attach a silencer, and they also have a limited ability to hit opponents in cover, though not to the degree of Tech weapons. Tech weapons are great for high-Tech Ability "stealth in name only" builds where you start the combat by using the Ping quickhack to tag all of the enemies, then shoot them through the walls. (It's "stealth in name only" because it's sneaky, but you're not really in stealth once you fire that first shot.) And Smart weapons are great for run-and-gun builds when you can't be bothered to aim, and also have some ability to hit targets behind cover in certain situation if you fire the weapon at the right angle (such as aiming high at a target ducking behind a low wall so the "bullets" arc over the wall to hit the enemy from above). But the technology doesn't limit your type of weapon in terms of pistol / rifle / shotgun / submachine gun / etc.

In all honesty, if you feel you are to OP with weapon X, play very hard. let them one shot ya to.

Top Bottom