Techie skills

+
Could you link that as a thumbnail, so we could see the full image?

Lets not forget that the deep dive images are 9 months old, the stats may have changed since then. (Its been so long.. painfully long..)

EDIT: did it myself. Click the image.
skills.jpg

ps. I find it funny that the top right corner reads "credit" even though the currency is Eurodollars..
Tech has only one perk branch, engineering, which seems even stranger to me. Why would either medical or a solo need engineering?

Last edited:
No, I meant nerve.
I was just wondering why netrunner nerve values are so high. 6/9 Nerve. But I think you're right about sniper rifle.
Strange, netrunner has 14 perks and solo only 11.
Both are level 18 and Cred 11
It's a demo, I seriously doubt the example characters were leveled up, but were rather just given X stats.

I'm planning much the same build as the example Netrunner, tho I'll probably go with 6 COOL and 7 REFLEXES (or maybe the other way around). Sort of depends on if the potential of a stat determines the number of perks you can have and/or which perks are available. Also since I don't "do" FPS I'll need all the character based assist I can get for my smartgun!

BODY will stay 4 because the only perk I plan to take there is Athletics.

It's a demo, I seriously doubt the example characters were leveled up, but were rather just given X stats.

I suspect they used dev command to give character xp and then just level them up on the spot.

ps.If you watch the video, you notice the dev briefly mouseovers the hacking perks, which read "unlocks additional malware daemons".
I wonder if engineering unlocks additional cyberware items or functions and thats why solo has high tech?

I wonder if engineering unlocks additional cyberware items or functions and thats why solo has high tech?
Probably not "items" because most Techs aren't cybernetic/electrical/mechanical engineers, they're "repairmen".

I suspect Techs will create mods for cyberware you've had installed by your friendly neighborhood "Ripperdoc". Take the mantis blades, maybe swap the blades for serrated ones for more damage, or add an electrical capacitor so in addition to physical you also do electrical damage.

Some perks relevant to Techie skill

- CRAFTING: "Revamp"- Increase sale price of crafted items by 25% *

-ENGINEERING: "Crazy Science" - Increase tech weapon damage by 25%

As you can see, there isn't a dedicated Flathead skill tree, purely because CDPR felt its functions were too similar to Netrunning hacking abilities.

Intelligence following skill tree are; Device Hacking and Target Hacking

DEVICE HACKING: "Transmigration" - Increase Breach time protocol by 25%
TARGET HACKING: "Master Memory" - Increase memory regen speed by 25%

As you can see, there isn't a dedicated Flathead skill tree, purely because CDPR felt its functions were too similar to Netrunning hacking abilities.

Afaik they have removed flathead drone, it should not be your "little helper" any more. I believe its still a plot device though.

What skills/gameplay is affected by being a Techie? Lore wise Techies are mechanics, healers through technology, ripperdocs/cyberware installers. How do these things manifest in game?
I feel like there might be a few skill trees that will open up mid game like an Interface tree based on intelligence and maybe a crafting tree for techies.
Will there be a unique skill to rapidly heal yourself with nanobots as a way to be combat viable as a full techie?
We saw in the first gameplay reveal that having a high enough “engineering” skill can open up alternate pathways for the player, same with hacking, and we also saw alternate paths that require high mobility.
As anyone that has seen my comments on the forums can tell I love the MTOD12 “Flathead” Militech Spiderbot. It was hinted in a Q&A that the flathead might have upgrades that make it combat ready, that is probably going to be a techie skill.
It has also been confirmed that there will be high levels of sophistication when it comes to crafting, we can make weapon mods/upgrades and presumably shards and possible whole cyberware? What stat is crafting going to be based on, or is it going to be something open to all characters regardless of stat allocations?

what are your thoughts? What would you like to see from techie skills in Cyberpunk 2077?
According to kotaku's review, the TECH includes skill trees of engineering and crafting.

I remember that devs said Techie will focus on using flathead. I also think this class should be proficient in medication and explosion according to Cyberpunk 2020 wiki.
Post automatically merged:

According to this review, we cannot always use flathead as our companion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom