Technical aspects for console - fps, resolution, draw distance, lighting, interaction- Rage 2 affair

+
Hi guys
i don't know if you already discussed about these themes , but i would like to share some of my hopes for the technical aspects of cb2077 especially for mid gen console ( PS4PRO user here ).
I played ( and still playing) RDR2 and now AC Odyssey, and i have to say they have huge maps, incredible graphics ( very good detailed models and texture), outstanding draw distance and incredible lighting system; the ambient interaction is very good in RDR2 but poor in ACO, they are very stable at 30fps but with no chance to have 60fps on mid gen consoles...but here one question : in these days avalanche studios have confirmed that RAGE2 will run in 60fps on PS4PRO/XBOX one X... i know cb2077 will be much more "complicated" , but is there any possibility to choose 1080p/60fps instead the 4k resolution ? :)

PS for CDPR, italian fan here !! very happy you added italian language to voices ( i'll do my first run in eng anyway) , you really care about your consumers, so ...just thank you:sad:

i know cb2077 will be much more "complicated" , but is there any possibility to choose 1080p/60fps instead the 4k resolution ? :)

For my console brothers and sisters, I certainly hope so.

I've never understood the intense obsession that console gamers have with resolution as opposed to performance, but I suppose it's all personal preference.

At the very least, it'd be nice to have the option of playing at 4K & 30 FPS or 1080p (As you said) and 60 FPS.

I hope CDPR answers this, but we will probably have to wait until E3 (or later) for these sorts of details. :(

I highly doubt about 1080p/60fps on consoles since that's a open world (almost next gen game). But, as a PC gamer I always prefer FPS instead of resolution, so let's hope. By the way, imo 4K is a little bit overrated and, at the moment, pointless, even with the new RTX graphic cards.

One thing people often forget to take into account is us PC types are usually right in front of our screen and it's rarely larger then 20-24 in. But many console users are across the room from their screen and it's usually 28-60+ in. So resolution is somewhat more important for the console crowd.

The "problem" is many people fail to understand that FPS and resolution are often a trade off, you can't have both, particularly on a console. There's only so much CPU/GPU power available.

Top Bottom