Technical community interview with CDPR

+
Since it looks very likely that developers are too busy with the release and nothing will happen in the near future, those who asked questions can help the community after the release by answering their own questions if they'd be able to figure out answers on their own of course. That would leave questions which can't be answered in that way, and when (and if) anyone from CDPR will decide to look at them, they could focus on the remaining ones only.

I doubt that "too busy" is the reason, although I do think that this endeavor should have been limited to YES or NO questions and one question per poster. There are a lot of really important and easily answered questions in that pad (including MINE), but they're interspersed with topics broad enough to write a thesis paper on and/or topics that are just way too obscure for most people to care about.

Speculation as to reasons the developers may have for not answering questions at this time are out of order. You are attributing motivations with no foundation whatsoever for doing so.

Speculation as to reasons the developers may have for not answering questions at this time are out of order. You are attributing motivations with no foundation whatsoever for doing so.

I don't think speculation is out of order, but I think it's safe to say it ain't happening at this point.

Speculation is half the reason this forum exists. The vast majority of discussion here is speculation. This is a public forum for an unreleased video game; in most cases, speculatin' is all we can do.

So I'm curious why you're advocating suppression of this particular line of thought?

Speculation is half the reason this forum exists. The vast majority of discussion here is speculation. This is a public forum for an unreleased video game; in most cases, speculatin' is all we can do.

So I'm curious why you're advocating suppression of this particular line of thought?

It is not a line of thought but a manner of badgering.

Speculation that attributes motives to a person who does not enter the forum for the good reason that he does not care to respond to such speculation does not warrant the dignity of speculative thought.

It is not a line of thought but a manner of badgering.

Speculation that attributes motives to a person who does not enter the forum for the good reason that he does not care to respond to such speculation does not warrant the dignity of speculative thought.

Just to be clear... this is what you're calling "badgering?"
I doubt that "too busy" is the reason,

As to the second part of your post, I truly don't understand what you're trying to say. Maybe unpack it a bit.

Yes. "I doubt that 'too busy' is the reason" means more than that; it means you believe there is another reason that you do not care to state. Maybe I did not write clearly enough. You don't get to speculate as to somebody's motives for not answering a question. That's not actually speculation. It's badgering them, trying to get an answer from them by making a pretense that their reasons for responding are not good or valid.

Last edited:
I doubt that "too busy" is the reason, although I do think that this endeavor should have been limited to YES or NO questions and one question per poster. There are a lot of really important and easily answered questions in that pad (including MINE), but they're interspersed with topics broad enough to write a thesis paper on and/or topics that are just way too obscure for most people to care about.

If you followed, it's not limited to yes or no questions and not limited to one question per poster.

---------- Updated at 09:52 PM ----------

I don't think speculation is out of order, but I think it's safe to say it ain't happening at this point.
That's exactly what it loos like. So those who can answer their own questions after the release can help the rest.

---------- Updated at 09:54 PM ----------

Yes. "I doubt that 'too busy' is the reason" means more than that; it means you believe there is another reason that you do not care to state. Maybe I did not write clearly enough. You don't get to speculate as to somebody's motives for not answering a question. That's not actually speculation. It's badgering them, trying to get an answer from them by making a pretense that their reasons for responding are not good or valid.

You just said that one shouldn't attribute others intentions they don't know about, while yourself saying that others do it in pretense with some manipulation in mind. That's the same attribution of intentions which you don't know about which is contradictory. Let's give people the benefit of a doubt and don't blame others for bad intent without good reason. I don't think anyone here demands any answers if they can't be given.

Last edited:
One may interpret the plain meaning of words actually written. However, it is unethical to interpret the silence of those not obliged to speak as having any meaning at all.

I feel CDPR could be a bit more candid on this front. If you don't want to do it, then say so. Silence in this instance is quite rude. It takes a few minutes to respond and say it's not happening.

I feel CDPR could be a bit more candid on this front. If you don't want to do it, then say so. Silence in this instance is quite rude. It takes a few minutes to respond and say it's not happening.

Especially since Marcin gave an ETA in the past. The least they could do is to chime in and say that they can't do it now, and either give a new ETA or say they can't even give an ETA or say they can't do it at all and etc.

Moderator: This line of discussion is closed. If you want Marcin to give you a schedule, do so by PM. Nobody is obliged to give you an answer here.

They've had months to say it's not happening. Months. Don't play this like forum members have been rude or entitled, They haven't. been

If you are in need of an answer to the question, you have the PM system available to you. I already told you that the public forum is closed to these demands, no matter how justified you may believe them to be.

Last edited:
The witcher 3 promised to have physx build into the ps4, i can see why the ps4 might run at 30 fps in order to get the graphics as high as possible, but what about the physx for fur or destruction, they also said that the pc and consoles wont have huge diffrences.

i really am hoping that the physx for fur and destruction is on the consoles to an extend, i dont care how but it really would make a huge diffrence to me atleast ;)

Just a reminder, actual questions should be added to the pad linked in the first post.

Last edited:
Moderator: Reminder: Off-topic posts will be deleted without notice. Posts attempting to hijack this or other threads into an argument over supposed downgrading will also subject the member posting them to formal sanctions.

Folks, a reminder. Since some of you already managed to play the game, can you please answer your own questions (or any other questions in the list) if you know the answer of course? Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom