Technical community interview with CDPR

+
@hardom : Marcin didn't say exactly when, so it can be anytime around the release when they feel like ready. But you can post your questions already now if you have anything to ask.

Last edited:
Alright guys - this is a no go at this point - sorry. I'm sure we will be able to conduct the technical Q&A closer to the release date but at this point ti's simply not possible. Apologies.

As for the tech Q&A, I'd wait just a bit longer, late December/early January.

@Marcin Momot , @Kinley : It's second half of December. Do you think it's good to revive this effort now? Probably later part of December will not be a good time since a lot of people including developers will be on vacation and so on. Should we do this now or in January?

Last edited:
@Marcin Momot , @Kinley : It's second half of December. Do you think it's good to revive this effort now? Probably later part of December will not be a good time since a lot of people including developers will be on vacation and so on. Should we do this now or in January?

The system requirements are coming soon but I believe it's still too early for the technical Q&A. I would suggest February. That should be doable:)

Attachments

• ezgif-2104517706.gif
    ezgif-2104517706.gif
    73.8 KB · Views: 44
System Requirements before February confirmed !!! :cheers:

Obviously at this point I just celebrate whatever I can...

From the system requirements thread:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launches on May 19th, 2015. If you are looking to play the game on PC, here are the minimum and recommended system requirements.

Minimum System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements
Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

@Marcin Momot: I hope TW3 release delay to May won't hinder conducting this community Q&A in February?

Is it possible for us to get a bit more clarification on the actual recommended, and minimum settings as to where those fall in terms of in game settings?

@RektM8 : I don't think the question about whether CDPR will support Linux depending on the number of votes is really proper there. It's not really a question to the technical team but to the company management. So I wouldn't expect any answer to that except - "even if we would like it, we don't decide that" (CDPR developers already gave a similar answer in the past).

This Q&A is strictly for technical questions for developers. So asking if they already support Linux or not, or if they already do any OpenGL development in-house or plan to is OK, but asking whether they would support it if enough demand happens won't probably produce any useful answer.

---------- Updated at 03:22 AM ----------

Is it possible for us to get a bit more clarification on the actual recommended, and minimum settings as to where those fall in terms of in game settings?

You should add this question to the list in the pad (see the first post for details). This thread is for the realted discussion.

Last edited:
@RektM8 : I don't think the question about whether CDPR will support Linux depending on the number of votes is really proper there. It's not really a question to the technical team but to the company management. So I wouldn't expect any answer to that except - "even if we would like it, we don't decide that" (CDPR developers already gave a similar answer in the past).

This Q&A is strictly for technical questions for developers. So asking if they already support Linux or not, or if they already do any OpenGL development in-house or plan to is OK, but asking whether they would support it if enough demand happens won't probably produce any useful answer.

---------- Updated at 03:22 AM ----------

You should add this question to the list in the pad (see the first post for details). This thread is for the realted discussion.

Thanks for the link, and I added it.

Top Bottom