[TECHNICAL UPDATE] The disc version not launching on PS4 after applying the patch

+
But do I understand correctly that this problem is on sony's end? I'm curious as to what happened here...
... I would say that some people will complain about CDPR incompetence even in case they forget to plug theirs device into socket. Imo CDPR have quite solid department dealing with patches testing, but sometimes (especially in world of games) they have no chance to make things work for everyone without any issues (due local or 3rd hand conditions). And releasing patch in Saturday imo says by itself how seriously is wanted that this game works well for all players ...

... I would say that some people will complain about CDPR incompetence even in case they forget to plug theirs device into socket. Imo CDPR have quite solid department dealing with patches testing, but sometimes (especially in world of games) they have no chance to make things work for everyone without any issues (due local or 3rd hand conditions). And releasing patch in Saturday imo says by itself how seriously is wanted that this game works well for all players ...
At this point I would not be surprised in the slightest.
The best reaction that posts like that would get out of me now is me just glaring over with blanc stare in my eyes.

The only thing of concern for me, with regards to the topic is that CDPR/Sony managed to find the issue and a solution is at hand.
let the blind fools follow the fools into complain-city, I'm happy I get to play my PS4 game soon again.
And for whatever its worth, CDPR did good, with the patch and working to fix a problem which they may not have been able to foresee in the first place.

Finally! Some good news 😁 Weird tho, the issue is something to do with the current PS4 system version?

Oh, goody. Nice one.

But do I understand correctly that this problem is on sony's end? I'm curious as to what happened here...
I'm going to guess that it had something to do with regioning and/or the free next-gen update, as that didn't go smoothly for many PS users either. Note that apparently PS digital versions and the people playing on Xbox were seemingly unaffected.

Oh well, all fixed now anyway.

I'm using the 9.50 beta and I still can't play, does anyone know if there will also be an update for the beta?

Heya! Is CDPR/Sony aware that physical disc owners like myself still can't launch the PS5 version with the ps4 play disc? Apparently this is an issue in some EU countries. I'm in Finland if that matters. Any fix incoming for this?

Well, this is good news. Hopefully today will mark the moment where I play again.
I think you may be right as there was a playstation system update waiting when I started it up for the first time after the fix was announced. Coincidence maybe but who can say. As with you I am just happy to play again. Just by the way in reply to people I play this on a standard ps4 and have no problems so maybe others have issues other than ones caused by the game.

Top Bottom