Tell me I'm lying though [pre-order games?]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing we learned about CD projekt Red is never pre-order games. Can I get a witness? Please folks never pre order games. So these anti-consumer practices can stop.

I pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077, nearly two years ago; and I'll pre-order CD Projekt's next one. I don't imagine it will be perfect, either; but I'm confident that it will nevertheless be worth it, as this one is.

I preordered 6-months before release for the PS5 and I don't regret my decision either. Aside from the occasional crash it's worked fine for me as I've played a little less than 800 hours worth. I'd say I got my money's worth, lol.

I pre-order almost every time as I am a collector & a sucker for purdy steelbooks & statues & stuff. I really like stuff.

The collector's ed of Cyberpunk is the first I have ever cancelled. Do not want to go into it again.

You are lying though. About what I do not know.

about CD projekt Red
It's not about CDPR, it's industry wide. If you've been burned by a launch and can't handle the possibility of being burned by a launch again, don't preorder. If you like a company and are cognizant of the risks, you do you.

I agree that this release unfinished bullcrap needs to stop, but this isn't a new problem and this isn't CDPR specific. They've just joined the club.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered on Steam, but it was close to launch. :)

I basically got what I was expecting, just less of it than I was hoping for. One thing that I got more of than I was expecting is bugs, but I can play the game.

I see no reason not to pre-order at the finish line from CDPR, but I bought this game because of cyberpunk, not because of CDPR. Since Witcher never got me to buy from them, chances are that I won't be buying any future games, either. CDPR just happened to be making this game.

I'll NEVER look to any website or YouTuber to "recommend" to me if i should buy a game or not, i have absolutely zero interest in what any of there opinions are on a game.

I will do the same thing i've did for the last 30 years, i will listen to my friends recommendations, my familys recommendations and my own, if i like the look of a game i will buy it regardless of what anyone thinks of it and if i really like the look of it i will pre order it if i have the money.

Sometimes i win sometimes i lose but its my choice an i dont care what anyone thinks so quote me with your customary and usual remarks about how its all my fault for this and that

pre ordering digital games should only be done if you know you want to play a game, and your going to buy it regardless. But we all knew that already right?
It's not about the money, and Cyberpunk is not a mediocre game - it's a fraudulent product, pure and simple. I have no problem spending money on a game and then maybe finding it mediocre, stop playing, whatever. But it's another thing if the company tricks people. I think it would be good for the industry if they get punished in court.

It's not about the money, and Cyberpunk is not a mediocre game - it's a fraudulent product, pure and simple. I have no problem spending money on a game and then maybe finding it mediocre, stop playing, whatever. But it's another thing if the company tricks people. I think it would be good for the industry if they get punished in court.

Not really. It won't happen in the US, where fraudulent products run amok, and this is the largest market by far. Just look at No Man's Sky backlash; did it make EA stop shipping out trash and killing franchises? No.

The fact is [...], and not because they like this game and I find it deceptively advertised. I mean more industries than videogaming, and how the vast majority of consumers will still make absolutely garbage products profitable.

This idea that consumers have some pressure power to drive the direction of industry decisions is mistaken. Shifts in consumer behavior only really happen in a unified fashion when truly egregious, blatant behavior is made visible.

This is why 99% of boycotts fail, no matter how well justified.

How do you think tripe like most HGTV or Discovery or E! tv get massive viewership, or the following dimwitted TV talk show hosts like Dr. Phil or Wendy Williams have when being obviously poor, manipulative productions? There's enough cattle to mindlessly walk into the meat factory carefree.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing we learned about CD projekt Red is never pre-order games. Can I get a witness? Please folks never pre order games. So these anti-consumer practices can stop.

*sighs* Yes, absolutely right and on spot 100%. 30 Years of being a video game player. 30 years of not
preordering games, until i got my hands on Witcher 1. CD Projekt Red was the ONLY company that made
me preordering the Collectors Editions (sad state of the industry with physical shipping anyway).
CDPR games were the only ones i did it, EVER, in all those years.

I trusted CDPR enough to pay upfront for their games W2 and W3 as well as CP77. Guess it was finally
my turn to learn that lesson the hard way. Problem here goes further though, since this disastrous
launch, it is absolute clear that CD Projekt Red is losing its way.

What way?
The Way of being one of the last examples in the industry that things can be handled different.
The Way of being a customer friendly game developer. Let alone the way this community is going.
At this point it is absolutely clear that the investors have way to much influence on the decision
making process and we as the trusting customers, players, fans paid the price.

Guest 3847602

My last 3 pre-orders were: The Witcher 3, Kingdom Come Deliverance and Cyberpunk 2077.
CP2077 is the only one where I could complete every single quest and point of interest in the game in first month. I had zero CTDs and game froze to me only once. So, if there was a lesson I should've learned, Cyberpunk was a poor teacher.

"TELL ME I'M LYING THOUGH [PRE-ORDER GAMES?]"

You're lying. Seriously though, I did pre-order but don't regret it, not in the least. Pre-ordering a game is handy to avoid congestion on the net on release day. I pre-ordered CP77 for exactly that reason.

i never pre-ordered a game in my life (been gaming since 1996)
but after playing cyberpunk i will preorder anything cdpr releases in the future
shut up and take my money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom